Recommend any changes on this 21NE? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
That is very interesting about the dinette options. I have to think about that.

If we did what you are doing, is it still easy to convert into a bed?

And some people have recommended the springfield pedestal - any thoughts on that?
We will order a Springfield pedestal on the rear dinette. We should be able to quickly lower it straight down to make the table into a bed using the dinette cushions. For the front dinette, we will be asking Escape to make a couple of filler boards that can be stored under the seats. Using these and the front dinette cushions, we will be able to make the it into a bed. Not as quickly as the rear, but it should be easy enough.

The big unknown is the comfort level. However, it should be better than what we have slept on in our last 55 years of camping.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:12 PM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
If it was me. I have them cut the table with angle on all 4 sides, and consider the Lagun after market table mount t. any thought on the spray foam?

both awnings have there advantage and disadvantages . search some threads and make a decision on you camping style . If it rains a lot where you camp you may like the awning windows .
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
I noticed you were from Seattle, but you are quoting prices in $CAD. Were you able to convince ETI to let you buy the trailer with $CAD funds?

My reason for asking is Karl@Escape’s March 26th announcement that ETI was instantly raising the price of Escape trailers by thousands of dollars for US citizens by forcing them to use a special $USD price (see https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post331986 ). When I saw your post, I was hoping there may have been a change, and that US citizens would once again be allowed to purchase a Canadian trailer in Canada with Canadian currency at ETI.
That is probably just me being clueless. When ETI sent me some options it came with CAD$ pricing. The salesperson knew I was in Seattle but may not have connected the dots. I will discuss this with them.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
If it was me. I have them cut the table with angle on all 4 sides, and consider the Lagun after market table mount t. any thought on the spray foam?

both awnings have there advantage and disadvantages . search some threads and make a decision on you camping style . If it rains a lot where you camp you may like the awning windows .
What are awning windows? Are they available on both the manual and electric?

On the spray foam, we are thinking about it. We'd like to occasionally use the trailer for an overnight or two at ski resorts. And it would be amazing if we could keep things warm enough to be able to do a quick shower after skiing. But from what I'm reading that might not work without some more serious modifications.

Also read that the foam can help protect the underside from road debris and keep down noise.

Will look into the Lagun table mount.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We have a late model 19 and yes the raised dinette is a must if you want your head centered in the window when you look out while seated. I am almost 6 ft and our floor is raised 5 inches. This makes it just right.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
That all makes sense.

Just so I understand...

The reason for the exterior hatches is to make getting access to the under dinette storage easier?

And the doors you mention are interior doors to the storage under the bed?
I believe doors inside are standard for under the bed as they are for the 19. optional door under front dinette. The doors under the bed I mentioned should be exterior hatches for under bed exterior storage access, one hatch is standard so an extra hatch for under bed on drive side, hatch under front dinette passenger side. Port and starboard exterior showers, with hoses.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:42 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I've seen references to raising the dinette in both the 19 and the 21NE. While it was a good thing to have in a Classic is visibility still an issue in the Gen 2?

Ron
Ron watched another utube on the new trailers yesterday it was a 19 .we noticed the back cushions are about 5-6 in lower in height the sitting is already awful . Lowering the back support ?we already did a lot of things to improve the sitting , noodles behind to make a slant , raising the dinette floor and the bottom sittings is 6 in when we had upholstery redone . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:44 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow View Post
I would 86 these options:

Surge Protector.... Was not excited about the wait when booting up.

Wireless Backup Camera..... Pretty expensive and limited value to me.

Stereo/DVD Player with Four Speakers.... So many other sound options today, Bluetooth speaker and cell phone etc.

TV/Cable Ready with 120V Outlet.... Have never used it, a 12 inch iPad is much more useful than the whole conventional tv thing.

IMHO of course
There is a jumper that can be added to shorten the start delay to 15 seconds. While it comes with the surge protector, Escape did not include it with my documentation. I emailed Progressive Industries and asked - they sent me one for free. You doing need tiny fingers & enjoy standing on your head to put it in...
Old 05-25-2020, 05:35 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and after doing yours you can do mine........
Old 05-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #30

Quote:
What are awning windows? Are they available on both the manual and electric?

On the spray foam, we are thinking about it. We'd like to occasionally use the trailer for an overnight or two at ski resorts. And it would be amazing if we could keep things warm enough to be able to do a quick shower after skiing. But from what I'm reading that might not work without some more serious modifications.

Also read that the foam can help protect the underside from road debris and keep down noise.

Will look into the Lagun table mount.

What I meant was frame less windows
Old 05-25-2020, 09:33 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
There is a jumper that can be added to shorten the start delay to 15 seconds. While it comes with the surge protector, Escape did not include it with my documentation. I emailed Progressive Industries and asked - they sent me one for free. You doing need tiny fingers & enjoy standing on your head to put it in...
One should note that Escape inadvertently lists it simply as "Surge Protector" under Options on their website. It does much more and is something I highly recommend. Here are some key features:

• Over/Under voltage Protection
• Open Ground, Open Neutral & Reverse Polarity Detection
• Accidental 240V Protection
• Surge Failure Indicator
• Surge Protection: 3-Mode / 1,790J / 44,000A
• Amperage Meter Display
• AC Frequency Protection
• Adjustable Time Delay (15 or 136 secs.)
• Remote Scrolling Display
Old 05-25-2020, 10:45 PM   #32

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
One should note that Escape inadvertently lists it simply as "Surge Protector" under Options on their website. It does much more and is something I highly recommend. Here are some key features:..................

We absolutely agree. The surge protector (EMS) is an important protection item for your trailer electrical system. We have plugged in a campgrounds with under-voltage or reverse polarity situations, so it has saved us big time.
Regarding the 15 sec. delay. Once we back in and unhook our Escape, I plug in to electrical, and while the EMS is checking it out, we are dropping stabilizers, hooking up other utilities, opening the awning, putting out the welcome mat, etc.
By the time we're inside, power is up, the frig. has switched to AC power, and we're camping!

Regarding spray foam. We have it and like what it does. Helps keep the inside at our temperature, not the outside temp.
We have camped in snow, and have camped in deserts, and it makes a difference in both cases.

Edit: re post #9: We also like the mesh drawer systems from the Container Store. In fact, we saw them in BJ's Escape, and went and got our own (Wait for the sale,; much better prices!).
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:26 AM   #33

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Re ELfa: typically their sale is after the first of the year, but they are currently (and have for a month or so) had 30% off and free shipping (probably only to US, but I don't know for sure). Maybe because of slow business and people having the time to do closets etc at home.

Thanks to Don I had the cupboard measurements, and took the leap of faith to purchase the drawers in January--and I didn't pick up my 17 until May. I had a day of fun at the Lynden KOA working out the bugs on the install, and a couple of fun phone conversations with my brother in law for confirmation of my scheme. Not to mention a couple of trips to the hardware store and a dollar store for pool noodles. Once again thankful for zip ties. It is snug as a bug now and has been for two years.

Stores in Tukwila and Bellevue.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:16 PM   #34

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (June 2020..hopefully)
A loss of 6" on back support is substantial. I didn't notice this in the tour at the showroom in early March. Is this a new thing? I expect to pick up my trailer this summer.
Allswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:00 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Ron watched another utube on the new trailers yesterday it was a 19 .we noticed the back cushions are about 5-6 in lower in height the sitting is already awful . Lowering the back support ?we already did a lot of things to improve the sitting , noodles behind to make a slant , raising the dinette floor and the bottom sittings is 6 in when we had upholstery redone . Pat

so you saying the new trailers the back cushions are 5-6" lower. I will have to check into that
Old 05-28-2020, 03:33 PM   #36

Quote:
so you saying the new trailers the back cushions are 5-6" lower. I will have to check into that
Just went out and measured our trailer seating . We added 2 more in to our seat cushions . Our bottom cushions are 5 1/2 in height now , 3 1/2 in from bottom of window frame . So I apologize for the misunderstanding . In Escapes video the top of the cushions were about 6 in lower . So probably no change at all . Pat
Old 05-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #37

[QUOTE=Patandlinda;337068]
Quote:
so you saying the new trailers the back cushions are 5-6" lower. I will have to check into that[/QUOTE
Just went out and measured our trailer seating . We added 2 more in to our seat cushions . Our bottom cushions are 5 1/2 in height now , 3 1/2 in from bottom of window frame . So I apologize for the misunderstanding . In Escapes video the top of the cushions were about 6 in lower . So probably no change at all . Pat

I have a 19' on order. whats your back cushions measure ? I will send a email to ETI and get the measurement of the new cushions so we can compare. I just watched the video and they do look a little low, of course i don't have a older trailer to compare with.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:05 PM   #38

[QUOTE=NEWYORKHILLBILLY;337070]
Quote:

I have a 19' on order. whats your back cushions measure ? I will send a email to ETI and get the measurement of the new cushions so we can compare. I just watched the video and they do look a little low, of course i don't have a older trailer to compare with.
Ours are 15 5/8 in in height and nothing was ever added or changed to those . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
B52806F8-32DC-4942-A288-6A712C80229C.jpg  
Old 05-28-2020, 04:46 PM   #39

[QUOTE=Patandlinda;337073]
Quote:

Ours are 15 5/8 in in height and nothing was ever added or changed to those . Pat

They sure look shorter in videos, when I get thinking about it how could they make them shorter and still have them fit them into a bed.This may Just appear this way as the one in video does not have raised dinette.. I will post when i get a reply from ETI
Old 05-28-2020, 04:57 PM   #40

[QUOTE=NEWYORKHILLBILLY;337080]
Quote:

They sure look shorter in videos, when i get thinking about how could they make them shorter and still have them fit them into a bed.This may Just appear this way as the one in video does not have raised dinette.. I will post when i get a reply from ETI
Interested in your reply . You make a great point though about making into bed . I made a raised step in our dinette but did not change the seating height , that is still the same . The platform was added in between the driver side and passenger dinette seating only . Our bottom cushions are raised 2 in .The platform floor makes the seating more comfortable for us concerning ours legs . Pat