Recommend any changes on this 21NE? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2020, 05:27 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
[QUOTE=NEWYORKHILLBILLY;337080]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post

They sure look shorter in videos, when I get thinking about it how could they make them shorter and still have them fit them into a bed.This may Just appear this way as the one in video does not have raised dinette.. I will post when i get a reply from ETI
Some individuals have requested a deeper rear seat in the "U" shaped dinette. If so, maybe the back needs to be shorter to enable making up a bed?
Old 05-28-2020, 05:36 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
[QUOTE=Vermilye;337088]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post

Some individuals have requested a deeper rear seat in the "U" shaped dinette. If so, maybe the back needs to be shorter to enable making up a bed?
Hi Jon that would make sense for the u dinette and I think I saw that was a request . But we are talking about regular dinette and I don’t think ? They would change the cabinets driver and passenger ? I guess just wait and see what Escape says and maybe nothing changed anyway . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:18 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 21NE
[QUOTE=NEWYORKHILLBILLY;337080]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post

They sure look shorter in videos, when I get thinking about it how could they make them shorter and still have them fit them into a bed.This may Just appear this way as the one in video does not have raised dinette.. I will post when i get a reply from ETI

They probably appear shorter because the video doesn't have the raised seating area, so the top of the cushion doesn't rise as high towards the window sill.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:01 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
[QUOTE=felix2;337101]
Quote:

They probably appear shorter because the video doesn't have the raised seating area, so the top of the cushion doesn't rise as high towards the window sill.
We didn’t either get the raised seating area which probably changes the height . We made a platform inside the two cabinets and added 2 in to our bottom cushions . The back cushions are the same as before any changes . When he gets the back cushion height information that will be the answer . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:01 AM   #45

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
CPAharley does not like inverters, some of us do. We use our inverter to run a Instant Pot, instant ketle as the propane burners have fairly low BTUs and take forever to heat water, a high suck vacuum cleaner, a blender. None of these 120 V appliances work very well or at all on 12V. The solar panel, 2 batteries, a transfer switch, and the inverter make a great package. Notice we did not mention the microwave or a TV? We primarily boondock and plug into shorepower rarely.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:37 AM   #46

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Anything that an inverter does can be done else wise. I just think they are redundant when you already have propane for cooking. Maybe a little longer, but hey, that is what camping is about. In addition it is expensive and inefficient use of your batteries.That's my story and I'm sticking to it.......
Old 05-29-2020, 09:42 AM   #47

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Instant Pot, not at all available on propane. High suck vacuum cleaner, we used a 300 Watt inverter on our sailboat, and found a really low power dirt devil that used only 300 watts..nope it barely could inhale dust. Blender, we had a 12 V one on our sailboat...at $250 one could call it pricey. A $49 one from Costco runs great on the inverter. Now i don't use one but have run into people that do, a bread maker, that also can be run from an inverter.

We spend months on the road, not just a long weekend or 10 days. Inverter power is a great thing to have.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #48

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
...the propane burners have fairly low BTUs and take forever to heat water...
Get a Dickinson!

-Dickinson (2 burner): 1 @ 11000 BTU, 1 @ 7000 BTU

For those that are curious...
Current ETI offerings:
-Suburban SDS2-RV cooktop: 2 @ 5800 BTU
-Atwood Oven/Stove combo: 1 @ 9,000 BTU, 2 @ 6500 BTU

Past ETI offerings:
-Atwood DV20 (2 burner): 1 @ 7200 BTU, 1 @ 5200 BTU
-Atwood DV30 (3 burner): 1@ 7200 BTU, 2 @ 5200 BTU
Attached Thumbnails
dickinson3.jpg  
Old 05-29-2020, 10:11 AM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
The first thing my wife said while sitting in our new to us 2017 E19 (2nd Gen.) was that the benches were too low for the windows. This brought back shades of the sailboat where she would have to stand on the settee cushions to see out the portlights.
Mod just finished and raised dinette benches and floor 5.25". Followed Ed's lead and why would you just go 3" when you can go higher. She now says perfect and on to the next mod.
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #50

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
[QUOTE=Patandlinda;337073]
Quote:

Ours are 15 5/8 in in height and nothing was ever added or changed to those . Pat

I did confirm with Linda from ETI that the 19' Back rest cushions are 15" and there has been no change in size. It must be just be how they appear in the Video. I think it may have been possible at least in on one of the videos they where not sitting up onto of the seat cushion as they supposed to be.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #51

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow View Post
I would 86 these options:

Surge Protector.... Was not excited about the wait when booting up.
That is one item I would NEVER do without unless I never went to a commercial RV park. I’ve been in more than one RV park where it is common for the voltage to drop low enough due to near 100*F weather that the AC and other rather expensive items could be damaged if allowed to continue to run.

While I agree that the delay is irritating you can always turn the unit off at the remote display & get power immediately. That is what I do when using my generator. I just turn it back on for just-in-case protection - and to get the amps used reading to know when I’m near the generator’s capacity.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:37 AM   #52

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and that wait is there for a reason. To allow the a/c to recycle when restarting after an abrupt shutdown, so it serves a purpose. You can shorten the delay but why the 2 minute rush while camping?
Old 06-05-2020, 08:09 AM   #53

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
No microwave, drop the inverter, save your $$$.
We don’t have a microwave either, but we do have an inverter. Our main use has been to recharge my wife’s Specialized 36v e-bike. I know the inefficiencies of taking 12v dc, inverting you 129v ac, and then back to dc for the hike, but there it is.
DFlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:27 AM   #54

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Smile

Quote:
No microwave, drop the inverter, save your $$$.
Quote:
We don’t have a microwave either, but we do have an inverter. Our main use has been to recharge my wife’s Specialized 36v e-bike. I know the inefficiencies of taking 12v dc, inverting you 129v ac, and then back to dc for the hike, but there it is.
Now with glasses on, and an iPad rather than phone!
Taking 12v dc, inverting to 120v ac and then back to 36v dc for the bike! But there it still is.
DFlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:17 PM   #55
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Love the Foot Flush Toilet: Glad I don't have to put my face near the loo.
Exterior Shower: Great when the grandkids are with us or washing dishes at the campground.
Inverter: I need to learn how to use the darn thing! Take good notes! The online tutorial is still confusing for me.
Solar Panel with Charge Controller: We love it when boondocking!
Surge Protector: Takes a while to boot up, but worth peace of mind IMHO.
Air Conditioner: Yep! It does get hot!
Wireless Backup Camera: I use it like mirror when merging on the freeway plus I can see what is following me--so glad we have it! It doesn't work for me when backing up though.
Stereo/DVD Player with Four Speakers: We didn't get it. Takes up room in the storage and there are many other portable options nowadays. We enlarged the cabinet door as a result. At the time it was $30 extra.
TV/Cable Ready with 120V Outlet: We watch TV when traveling and don't always have wifi available for other options.
Power Tongue Jack: YES! Wish we had power stabilizers too!
Exterior Propane Quick Connect with 12' Propane Hose and Adapter: Haven't used ours yet. Need to change our BBQ with proper fittings.
Storage Box (Front of Trailer): Absolutely!
Full Wrap on Cushions: We got that and it's nice to flip over once in a while.
LED Captains Reading Lamps: Love it! We got 4: two by the bed and two by the dinnette.

My other thoughts:

We are glad we got the extra insulation. It is quieter and it helps regulate the temperature.

I wouldn't get the microwave again. I use it more for storage. I would rather have another cabinet.

I would only get a 2 burner stove. 3 burner is overkill and my pots are too big for 3; we mostly cook outside. We turned our stove sideways to give us more counter space. (Not sure if ETI would do that again)

Enjoy!

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:57 PM   #56

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
Power Tongue Jack: YES! Wish we had power stabilizers too!
If you can get over the price and can get 12V power to each stabilizer there is a PowerPak conversion kit that will put motors on the BAL jacks.
https://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/a...og/Add-Ons.pdf

Before doing that I suggest a rechargeable lithium powered cordless drill (that may have other uses while camping) with 3/4” socket adapter:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-3-...7363/205518984
Attached Thumbnails
C2710CDA-C005-4890-B78D-C889649820FE.jpg  
Old 06-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #57

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I suggest a rechargeable lithium powered cordless drill (that may have other uses while camping) with 3/4” socket adapter:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-3-...7363/205518984
We do this also. I am using Ryobi tools, we bring along the drill, a leaf blower (works great for clearing the top of the awning, the outdoor mat and even the pad we park on), a work light, a lantern, a fan, a vacuum, 2 batteries and the charger. All are battery operated and fit into a tote.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:08 PM   #58

Trailer: 2021 21C - March Delivery
So Cal Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post

Regarding spray foam. We have it and like what it does. Helps keep the inside at our temperature, not the outside temp.
We have camped in snow, and have camped in deserts, and it makes a difference in both cases.
Really glad to see this recommendation. I've wondered.
AmyT is offline   Reply With Quote