Regrets configuring your 21C? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2022, 10:12 PM   #61
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlakeman View Post
I did order the power tongue jack, and I do have the E2 Weight Distribution Hitch. One thing to consider is you might not be able to get your tailgate down all the way because it will hit the power tongue jack. If that's not a problem for you then order the power jack. Or, if you can modify the jack to you can use a drill then that would be great if the modification allows you to lower the tailgate.
I have researched different power tongue jacks that would enable lowering the tailgate all the way down. Airstream and Lance trailers had them, but no longer. I can't find any jack that's small enough that the tailgate can be lowered.
Our 2013 Ford Expedition liftgate hit the power jack, using the Fastway E2 WDH, even though the jack was turned sideways. The solution was a longer shank. Ours is I think 14".
Old 11-24-2022, 10:37 AM   #62

Trailer: 2017 F250
An interesting approach to a common question.

Re reinforced walls: this is really hard to do after the fact. I have a TA 5.0 and I made age-appropriate improvements that were designed to prevent falling etc. if I had had the walls reinforced it would’ve been a lot easier and probably looked a lot nicer when I got done.

Putting in hatches: these are a nice thing to have, and I am unhappy with some of the hatches I do have less, but at least they are very hard to put in later or change unless you’re very skilled. The downside of screwing up a hatch installations very high.

I have made several little modifications to our camper. I think the comment may later in the thread about not making any changes and enjoying the camper is a good one. It is noteworthy that from any change in their camper is a hobby not a necessity. If worse comes to worse. Just enjoy your camper as it is they’re really nice.
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 11:51 AM   #63

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
or, you can always sell and get another one, the used prices of Escapes are pretty close to new ones, depending, I have done it 4 times now??

Tags
21c, configuration