Sheet Vinyl flooring samples in North Dallas area - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Sheet Vinyl flooring samples in North Dallas area

We have been unable to find a flooring store that carries samples of sheet vinyl flooring in the North Dallas area. They all have vinyl planks, ceramic and wood, but sheet vinyl must not be what people are buying. If anyone lives in this area and knows of a store that carries sheet vinyl samples, I would appreciate a heads up.
richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We never looked at sheet vinyl. Just looked on the websites such as Armstrong to see the designs.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
but sheet vinyl must not be what people are buying.
We've come to the same conclusion. We've been looking for some for our kitchen and made the rounds of the flooring stores. Some don't even stock any. It's available but it's kind of surprising that it's not as common as it once was and things like peel n' stick seem to be making a comeback.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We never looked at sheet vinyl. Just looked on the websites such as Armstrong to see the designs.
Did you pick your flooring based on the website picture? Did that workout OK?

We want to see a physical sample, because we are concerned that the color showing on our computer may not be the same as the actual flooring.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:30 PM   #5

Quote:

We want to see a physical sample, because we are concerned that the color showing on our computer may not be the same as the actual flooring.
Yes, just used the website really. Pioneer sent some photos but could not tell anything from them. Love our flooring. Don't think we could have gone wrong though with what we have. Need to get a better photo.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 12-27-2016, 07:31 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:

We found it hard to find samples in stores. The easiest solution is to order a few from Armstrong directly. They cost about $5 per sample, but that is a small price to pay to be able to confirm your choice.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:

I have an IPS color corrected graphics card/monitor and the pictures from Armstrong were close but still not correct for the actual flooring. Ordering samples is the only way to make sure the color is what you want.
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Same here ordered samples from Armstrong and Congoleum and had within a week or less. I believe ETI will only install from 3 different brands. I called Pioneer in Chilliwack to confirm, but do not remember the third brand.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:18 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Same here ordered samples from Armstrong and Congoleum and had within a week or less. I believe ETI will only install from 3 different brands. I called Pioneer in Chilliwack to confirm, but do not remember the third brand.
I believe Mannington is the third brand
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #10

When I emailed Pioneer Dec 5, I was given 5 manufactures that they carry. They didn't say anything about ETI accepting or not accepting some. Congoleum, Mannington, Armstrong, Tarkett and Shaw.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
You might want to check with ETI and Pioneer again. When I talked to Jennifer at Pioneer couple months back. She was pretty clear about what ETI will put in and what they will not. She also stated some of the approved brands ETI will not install due to thickness of the flooring.

This is Jennifer's email who handles ETI flooring orders at Pioneer.

jennifer@pioneerbuildall.com

Quote:
When I emailed Pioneer Dec 5, I was given 5 manufactures that they carry. They didn't say anything about ETI accepting or not accepting some. Congoleum, Mannington, Armstrong, Tarkett and Shaw.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:54 AM   #12

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I ordered samples from Armstrong - 14" x 14", I think. They were $5 each and arrived quite quickly. In addition to giving a good idea of the pattern, they also gave a good idea of the thickness and cushioning - there was significant differences between many of them.
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
We've come to the same conclusion. We've been looking for some for our kitchen and made the rounds of the flooring stores. Some don't even stock any. It's available but it's kind of surprising that it's not as common as it once was and things like peel n' stick seem to be making a comeback.

Ron
There is still a big selection of vinyl flooring available, and it is better now than ever, with better wear resistance and nicer patterns. Heck, even I have had to get right down and touch a floor to see if there were real grout lines or not.

Jordans is the supplier we use, and has locations is all across western Canada. Maybe give them a shot. There was a myriad of samples in the store here.

Jordans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
This is Jennifer's email who handles ETI flooring orders at Pioneer.
I was told to talk to Jackie at Pioneer, so I guess there are a couple girls handling orders there. jackie@pioneerbuildall.com

I ended up buying through Jordans and getting my contractor deal, though did have to pick it up in Abbotsford and drop it off at Escape, which was no big deal while I was there, other than I had to keep the tailgate of the Dodge Durango I had rented up as it was too long to fit inside.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:05 AM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
There is still a big selection of vinyl flooring available, and it is better now than ever, with better wear resistance and nicer patterns. Heck, even I have had to get right down and touch a floor to see if there were real grout lines or not.

Jordans is the supplier we use,
I agree that the quality is better now. I just put some new stuff in my office and it's a very high quality compared to the stuff of yesteryear.

We had seen some vinyl in a friend's house that we thought was real tile. And, yes, I also got down to have a closer look because I was surprised when they said it was vinyl, not tile. That's what we're looking for.

We haven't been to Jordans, it's not a store that we usually shop at but, thanks for the tip.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Richard, we had the same concern. However, we stopped at Pioneer in Chilliwack when we were enroute to the rally in Osoyoos and picked out our Mannington floor at that time.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Richard, we had the same concern. However, we stopped at Pioneer in Chilliwack when we were enroute to the rally in Osoyoos and picked out our Mannington floor at that time.
Thanks for the information. Does Pioneer have a good selection of samples? We currently have 5 samples from Armstrong, and like 2 quite well. But I would like to see other manufactures' products. I also don't know how the products from the different manufactures rate against each other. Did Poineer recommend any one manufacture over the others?
Old 01-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #17

You might want to tell Escape what flooring you want before you order it as they don't necessarily do them all.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
You might want to tell Escape what flooring you want before you order it as they don't necessarily do them all.
Escape will do any sheet vinyl flooring. It is any other type of flooring they will not do.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Escape will do any sheet vinyl flooring. It is any other type of flooring they will not do.
Expect you are right. It could be that I am thinking that Pioneer will not do anything.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:13 PM   #20

Trailer: 5.0 TA 2017 "Pied Beauty"
When I ordered my floor I learned that a repeating pattern that has to be matched substantially increases the price of the floor. You have to order more then the standard amount to match the pattern. Mine is the large black and white check. Just something to keep in mind when looking at samples.
tom and susan is offline   Reply With Quote