So what is cancellation rate? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2021, 03:36 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape E19
So what is cancellation rate?

New member here and want to order an E19. I admit to just discovering this brand in last few months and after searching for a TT for the last six yet am pretty impressed with their product. However the idea of waiting two years seems a bit crazy. Does anyone have any idea how many cancellations are occuring to allow someone to drop into a waitlist spot?

I see from their site if I place deposit today, I get a production time of Sept, 22 with waitlist of as early as June of this year. I just wonder if the later is a pipe dream? The backlog in this industry is pretty crazy. I also wonder if it all comes crashing down once/if COVID is under control and market is flooded used RV's?
Escape E19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I’m February ‘22, and while ETI has moved many up, I have not yet. I certainly hope to move into 2021. I’m only guessing based on what I’ve read from others, that a Sept ‘22 could be looking at late spring ‘22. That; however, is a guess.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape E19 View Post
New member here and want to order an E19. I admit to just discovering this brand in last few months and after searching for a TT for the last six yet am pretty impressed with their product. However the idea of waiting two years seems a bit crazy. Does anyone have any idea how many cancellations are occuring to allow someone to drop into a waitlist spot?

I see from their site if I place deposit today, I get a production time of Sept, 22 with waitlist of as early as June of this year. I just wonder if the later is a pipe dream? The backlog in this industry is pretty crazy. I also wonder if it all comes crashing down once/if COVID is under control and market is flooded used RV's?
Hi: Escape E19... Even during the financial collapse in 2008 Escape's production #'s have risen. Yes this causes wait times but 1/ they're worth the wait, and 2/there's always room to move up the queue. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
I’m February ‘22, and while ETI has moved many up, I have not yet.
I'm also assuming the move up offers are based on the order date, not the selected build date.

What I mean is, when I ordered my Escape I had my pick of any date I wanted in 2022. I don't want to cross the northern US in winter with a trailer, so I picked a spring date.

But I assume that I'd still be offered a move up ahead of somebody who ordered after me but selected a January 2022 build date.

I'd take a 2021 offer, but only before late fall. Once again.....moving up from really early spring 2022 to really late fall 2021 wouldn't do me any good. All I'd gain is having to winter store the trailer over a season I can't really use it anyway.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
I'd take a 2021 offer, but only before late fall. Once again.....moving up from really early spring 2022 to really late fall 2021 wouldn't do me any good. All I'd gain is having to winter store the trailer over a season I can't really use it anyway.
I’m in the same seasonal boat. I placed my deposit in early Oct and chose April 2022 instead of the Jan 2022 date for weather reasons. Earlier build dates are offered based on your reservation number (deposit date) not your build date. I was recently offered a late Oct 2021 date which I declined for weather reasons hopeful that someone in a warmer climate would leap on the date. I am still on the wait list for JeffreyG’s range of dates and hopeful but not optimistic about a 2021 delivery.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:36 PM   #6

My Feb ‘22 date was based on a mig Oct ‘20 deposit date.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
My Feb ‘22 date was based on a mig Oct ‘20 deposit date.
I'm October 16, specifically.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:44 PM   #8

My 10/19/20 date got Feb 22 as the earliest date. I’ll take the first date I can get. I’ll store it in my own barn, and the state parks around here are open year round. We can also make our own work schedules and travel when we want. So I have heard of 4-5 month move ups, and I’m hopeful, but not banking on it.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:34 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
It wasn't like this before late 2020. I put a deposit down in June 2020 and got my trailer at the end of September. (A little late due to parts problems.) By then, the backlog was piling up. But I think once Covid is gone and people start using all the new RVs they've been buying, some will decide it isn't what they wanted and there will be a glut of relatively new units for sale. Hard to say if that will include this type of trailer or not. When the factory was smaller, people waited a long time for a new trailer. But fewer people waited because they were making fewer trailers. So it is anyone's guess what will happen by 2022.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #10

I agree. I just had bad timing. We owned a Rockwood (Forest River) Roo hybrid for 11+ years. The trailer layout was perfect for us - we have four kids and when we bought it they were 10, 8, 5, and 3. Being a ~4500 box we could pull it with my employee lease MB-GLE and all was good.

In 2020 we decided to dump the Rockwood because our oldest two are grown and gone, and the next two are getting there. Time to get out of our mildly delaminated RV before it gets worse.

Didn't even think about the pandemic in this. Sold the RV quick and then started looking. By the time we settled on Escape........holy cow, the lead times!
Old 01-06-2021, 09:41 PM   #11

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Deposit date: September 9,2020
Completion date: August 18, 2021 (earliest available when I placed my deposit)

On October 10, 2020 I was offered a completion date of July 5, 2021. I declined that offer telling ETI I'm content with my original date (for reasons mentioned in this post).

YMMV
Old 01-07-2021, 01:25 AM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Wow, what a wait list.

After owning 2 tent trailers, 2 big stick built leakers, and now 3 fiberglass trailers, I can say Escape is worth the wait.

Our last trailer was a 2007 Escape 17B and was sold as we wanted a slightly bigger trailer, specifically a permanent bed. We looked around at all the local dealers, did some online browsing but really, I knew I wouldn't be happy with anything except an Escape. Our 2007 Escape 17B was a great trailer, didn't leak, was in great shape, polished up great, and even smelt new at 11 years old. We looked at an R Pod that was 3 years old and already smelt mold. One of the members here saying buy a used trailer with your nose.

Sad to say, but it will be 2022 before you know it.