So, who got a 2017 trailer and all that????? - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2016, 08:20 AM   #121

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I think I'm the serial switcher and yes, Escape will switch the bed floorpan in the 19, but not in the 21. I went from a 19 to a 21 and now back to a 19 Escape.
Jim, on your new 19 is the bed going to be in the front or the back?
Old 04-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #122

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have not decided, I have multiple build sheets completed and each day it changes.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #123

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA Sold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I know this is early, but I hope to sleep in tomorrow after getting up way before I'm used to today so I could miss traffic heading up to the factory.

So, who all got through and was able to order a 2017 trailer?

How many times did you hit redial? Which trailer did you get? What production date did you get? Earlier or later than you had hoped for?

Did you switch over from a 2016 that's too early in the production queue to get it for this year, so you had to place a new order?

And how excited are we?!?!??!

I'll be checking the production schedule throughout the day.
Hi there!

We got a May 1, 2017 production date for a 5.0 TA and couldn't be more excited

I had to essentially sit on the telephone for 30 minutes trying to get through. When a real person answered (thanks Kathy!) I initially thought I must have misdialled

Thanks to all the good folks on this forum - I've been reading everything I can about options and modifications and have certainly benefited from the collective wisdom.

And having said all that, I have a question I haven't yet seen an answer to. I'm a pretty visual person and like seeing plans with measurements / dimensions / outlet placement markings.

Is anything like that included in the Escape welcome package?

Candace

Sometimes not having any idea where we're going works out better than we could possibly have imagined. Ann Patchett
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #124

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
We got a May 1, 2017 production date for a 5.0 TA and couldn't be more excited
Yeah, we kinda guessed that with your first post here.
Congrats to you and hubby on getting your dream trailer ordered.
Quote:
And having said all that, I have a question I haven't yet seen an answer to. I'm a pretty visual person and like seeing plans with measurements / dimensions / outlet placement markings.

Is anything like that included in the Escape welcome package?
Not sure what all they have drawings for, but they do have floorplan with electrical layout (no dimensions though). I have attached it here, along with the cushion drawings for the U-shaped dinette (says 21, but the same for the 5.0TA). NOTE: These are for the 2016 model, and though things will be similar, there will likely be some changes. In fact, I think there are already a few standard electrical layout changes already with the 2016 model. Definitely confirm with Escape before relying on these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Escape 5.0TA, Standard Locations.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	15713

21 cushions.pdf
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #125

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Yeah, we kinda guessed that with your first post here.
Congrats to you and hubby on getting your dream trailer ordered.

Not sure what all they have drawings for, but they do have floorplan with electrical layout (no dimensions though). I have attached it here, along with the cushion drawings for the U-shaped dinette (says 21, but the same for the 5.0TA). NOTE: These are for the 2016 model, and though things will be similar, there will likely be some changes. In fact, I think there are already a few standard electrical layout changes already with the 2016 model. Definitely confirm with Escape before relying on these.

Attachment 15713

Attachment 15714
Thanks Jim!

Sometimes not having any idea where we're going works out better than we could possibly have imagined. Ann Patchett
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #126

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
What a huge day for Escape. They must have taken orders for a couple of hundred trailers today. And probably will sell quite a few tomorrow. To think that they used to have winter sales prices.

Great for all of you lucky ones who have your spot!
Now it's the fun options time.

Slots now into April and May for all models.
Ditto For Us Cathy!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:03 PM   #127

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Wondering how many of us Canadians were so fortunate to book a slot for 2017....
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:35 PM   #128

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Don't have the time to find the old thread from Reace when he first produced the 21 but he considered a reverse plan with a slightly smaller dinette. I kinda wish that he would make that, entering at the dinette with the bath at the back. That being said I also like the layout of the 21 which shall be hatched for me in February .

Peace, Steve M
A week ago I started a thread called "Historically ordering an Escape" as I wondered how they handled it in the past. Karen supplied links to when they were planning out the 21'. Very interesting to read:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...plan-1659.html

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...-bed-1685.html

While it was interesting to see the layout with the bed in the back, I think the aisle way and flow of traffic wouldn't be as nice as what they did go with (bed in the front).
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:53 PM   #129
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have not decided, I have multiple build sheets completed and each day it changes.
It'd take an act of Congress to make me give up the 60 x 80 Queen bed, but that's just me.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #130

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
It'd take an act of Congress to make me give up the 60 x 80 Queen bed, but that's just me.
Robert you are right on that one ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #131

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
after spending years sleeping on the ground in a bedroll and 1/2" airfoam pad could pretty much sleep on anything...but considering deleting the 8" factory mattress on new trailer in favor of an air bed with memory foam top...just thinking at this point.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #132

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Somebody on one of the threads regarding new orders commented that they thought the 19' was the most popular. I was just looking at the original schedule that was posted for January (before the feeding frenzy started) and they were going to produce 8 21' per that month, with the 17' at 5, 19' at 6 and 5.0 at 5 trailers.

So, with more 21' produced per month than the others, I'd counter by saying it's more popular as they're producing more of those per month.

As of the current production schedule, the 19 and 21 are pretty much neck and neck for available dates. But, since there were more 21' being made, that means more of them have sold to be so close in dates with the 19.

Agreed?
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #133

I'm leaning that way, just spoke with Tammy, she is hoping that once production ramps up completion dates will get shorter. Boy is there a lot more paperwork now than there was before, but with electronic signatures there is no delay. A couple of nice surprises also for me. TBC.....
Old 04-02-2016, 02:11 PM   #134

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
I'd agree for couple, but for those of us that travel single the reversed 19 provides a decent sized ben in front (the same size as the 17) and a large table with windows the vertically challanged can see out of while eating. You can even end up with a large table AND the "U" shaped dinette.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:13 PM   #135

So Jon,
Were you in line yesterday?
Old 04-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #136
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
after spending years sleeping on the ground in a bedroll and 1/2" airfoam pad could pretty much sleep on anything...but considering deleting the 8" factory mattress on new trailer in favor of an air bed with memory foam top...just thinking at this point.
I'd wait and see. The stock Queen mattress is surprisingly comfortable and we sleep very well on it. We were concerned a bit because we've slept on a TempurPedic for many years, but it works fine. You can always "upgrade" later. I think they can also change the firmness of the stock mattress if you ask.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:21 PM   #137

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
While it was interesting to see the layout with the bed in the back, I think the aisle way and flow of traffic wouldn't be as nice as what they did go with (bed in the front).
That was just a trial run. If the fridge was moved over to the galley side, it would open that aisle way to the back up more. Another option would be to just use the 19 layout, with a 4" storage slot at one end, maybe included in a headboard, and give the extra length to the cabinetry, and have a 4" wider aisle.

Can you tell I spend a lot of time doing layouts? This is very often what I am doing while I play away on the forum here. I have drawn up 100's of kitchens for customers, and 100's of other area floor plans too. One of my fortes design wise is making effective layouts for a given floorplan, what I suck at design wise is coming up with decorating ideas, so leave stuff like tile, wood finish, paint, etc. up to others.
Quote:
Lisa and Jasper think the same. It doesn't really matter for me though, my side of the bed is still about 16" wide, even in our king size at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
We are having the same debate. There was a bit of good discussion on this thread.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...pper-7169.html
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:24 PM   #138

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I'd agree for couple, but for those of us that travel single the reversed 19 provides a decent sized ben in front (the same size as the 17) and a large table with windows the vertically challanged can see out of while eating. You can even end up with a large table AND the "U" shaped dinette.
There's more folks than Laura & Dirk that sleep seperately in an RV. It's the new thing in homebuilding to have two master bedrooms. People want to sleep good.

As someone else pointed out- the 19 having a queen-size space in the back makes a u-shape dinette that much deeper than in the 21.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:45 PM   #139

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Does sleeping in the Highlader in the garage count as a second master bedroom?
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #140

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Only if it has a port-a-potty
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote