Source For Parts In Chilliwack - Save On Shipping - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2016, 06:51 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Source For Parts In Chilliwack - Save On Shipping

For those of us in the States who are looking to add custom parts such as Horst Probes or perhaps a Zamp connector for portable solar panels there is a great source about a mile from ETI in Chilliwack. O'Connor RV can get pretty much any RV part and prices are relatively close to U.S. prices (after conversion to $$) with no hassles of going through customs or long wait times for shipping. Their number is (604) 792-2747 - Nicole in parts is helpful, friendly and incredibly good at finding whatever you may need. We just got our Horst probes and solar connector through them. We got our flush mount cooktop from them too - appears that if it is in an RV catalog they can get it.

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:53 AM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
What cooktop?
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Dave, Do you know what manufacturer brand of tank probes ETI routinely installs? Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Driver View Post
For those of us in the States who are looking to add custom parts such as Horst Probes or perhaps a Zamp connector for portable solar panels there is a great source about a mile from ETI in Chilliwack. O'Connor RV can get pretty much any RV part and prices are relatively close to U.S. prices (after conversion to $$) with no hassles of going through customs or long wait times for shipping. Their number is (604) 792-2747 - Nicole in parts is helpful, friendly and incredibly good at finding whatever you may need. We just got our Horst probes and solar connector through them. We got our flush mount cooktop from them too - appears that if it is in an RV catalog they can get it.
Wish I had known about them 6 months ago.

But thanks for posting.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
What cooktop?
It's a Suburban.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Dave, Do you know what manufacturer brand of tank probes ETI routinely installs? Dale
Not sure what brand they use but the Horst - now made by Valtera - are supposedly more reliable. From what I've read, it seems all probes have some issues with reliability. Going to give the Horst ones a try.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:57 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Not sure what brand they use but the Horst - now made by Valtera - are supposedly more reliable. From what I've read, it seems all probes have some issues with reliability. Going to give the Horst ones a try.
The "stock" probes are of a design that's made by many manufacturers. They're a bolt with a rounded head, with a piece of rubber surrounding the bolt on the inside of the tank. The Horst probes basically add a thin stiff wire to the end of the bolt, surrounded partially by a teflon shield. This means debris won't stick to the probe itself, and it will only send a conductive signal when the liquid in the tank hits the wire. Photos of the stock probes followed by the Horst probes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 02:52 PM   #8

Trailer: pondering.....
for those considering alternative Probes, ETI advised they charge $25 CDN per tank to install customer provided tank probes during build.
While the probes on the 2017 Escape 19 Grey look DIY accessible , not sure about the black tank probe location on the 2017 Escape 19 and whether it is easy DIY accessible.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
So far the original probes in our 21 all seem to be fairly accurate but I have started to throw in a couple of cap fulls of Calgon in the grey and black tank every other fill or so. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:17 PM   #10

Trailer: None now
Another source for the probes is https://www.rv-partsplus.com/Accessories
I'm curious about the pleated shade first aid kit too.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #11

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Are Escape owners experiencing an unusually high incidence of malfunctions with ETI's stock probes? If not, it seems the Horst probes, while thoughtfully designed, are a solution looking for a problem. On the other hand, it seems there could be an advantages to the more flush mounting of the stock probes when it comes to cleaning the tank - maybe, or maybe not.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:52 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
My intent was to take my time and give the black tank a thorough cleaning at my last campsite with a dump. The black has been reading 1/3 full for probably a year, empty or not.
But, I lack the patience, even if nobody is behind me waiting to dump.
I've never been taken by surprise that my black tank is over-full. When it is full, there is nothing I can do other than empty it.
So, more expensive probes aren't going to help me.
When you gots to go, you gots to go.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:21 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Thanks Dave!

I ordered my Horst Probes and the Zamp connector from O'Conner and they are already at ETI, ready for installation when the time is right. You rock!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog2673 View Post
Thanks Dave!

I ordered my Horst Probes and the Zamp connector from O'Conner and they are already at ETI, ready for installation when the time is right. You rock!

It was an accidental find when we were up there - sure glad it worked out for you! It's a particularly good option when time is a factor!

Old 09-21-2016, 11:56 PM   #15

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
O'Connor RV is one of the retailers for the Purple Line Mover we're going to get. I emailed with them about ordering it through them and having them install it after we got the trailer. We decided not to go that route as Dirk says he can do it himself. So, we're going to order direct from the mfgr's USA location in CA. However, the gal at O'Connor was very helpful and pleasant to deal with.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote