Starting to Look at a 5.0TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 nuCamp T@b Q
Starting to Look at a 5.0TA

My wife and I went to see a local 5.0 TA today for the first time. Thanks Ronn!

We were really impressed, and now have questions.

Has anyone requested pocket hinges for all of t he cabinet doors? Our current nuCamp T@b 320 trailer uses them, and I much prefer them over face-front mounted hinges.

Has anyone had a trailer built using Victron components?

Next up, how about a flush mount range, something like their flush mount range/oven without the oven?

I know I would set up the trailer with lithium batteries. What kind of setups are people using that go this route beyond the factory 200 Ah?

Has anyone added a fore/aft slider along with the Lagun mount?. We have a Lagun mount in our T@b and love it, but a slider would really help.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, as we continue to process our visit. I have been watching the forums for a year or so, and will look to see if any of these questions have been answered already.

Thanks for your Insight,

Steve
sranderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #2

I thought of another question.

When I added Lithium to my current trailer, I ran 1 guage wire from my battery back to my bumper and terminated it in an Anderson connector. Then, on my trailer I ran the same guage wire from my batter bank to another Anderson connector. When they are connected and the truck is running, I basically have a generator that really puts a charge into my batteries as we drive.

Has anyone run something like this from a 5.0 TA? Will Escape wire this and punch through the appropriate hole in the trailer, say along with the electrical plug?
Old 07-11-2021, 06:42 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Honestly, you will have to ask ETI. I doubt they will use different hinges on the cabinets. Back in the day (previous ownership), ETI did some custom wiring for me. You can always specify no stove and purchase/install a Dickinson Stove yourself. Regardless of what other owner’s have had ETI do, yesterday is past history. I really believe you should talk to ETI to ascertain their willingness to meet your desires, and then get input from other members here who have done after purchase modifications that ETI wouldn’t do.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:53 AM   #4

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
Are 5.0 that's coming to September has no cooktop in it.
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
We had Escape install a customer-supplied Dickinson Marine cooktop in our 5.0. Could not be happier.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 10:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
We had Escape install a customer-supplied Dickinson Marine cooktop in our 5.0. Could not be happier.
I've seen these mentioned throughout the forums. What is the advantage over the more traditional RV cooktops? Any disadvantages?
Old 07-11-2021, 10:45 AM   #7

I found the screen door that we would be interested in.

Plisse Retractable Screen Door
Old 07-11-2021, 11:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sranderle View Post
I've seen these mentioned throughout the forums. What is the advantage over the more traditional RV cooktops? Any disadvantages?
Someone with more comparative knowledge will have to answer it. You might want to search for cooktop threads on the forum, including the recent fire risks with the stock Dometic cooktops.

I followed the forum over many months, read some threads relating to cooktops and decided to go for Dickinson Marine cooktop. We are definitely very pleased with it but I could not articulate how it compares with the alternatives.

We chose to go with a customer supplied refrigerator, cooktop, sink, etc. and are having an AC installed after purchase. It does increase the costs, but the quality can be a significant differentiator. As you go forward in your decision making around options, you will need to inform yourself and make the tradeoffs that suit your situation.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:07 PM   #9

kavm, I'm curious as to the custom refrigerator that you are having installed.

My understanding is that they pre-wire for AC regardless of you getting a unit installed. We're thinking of starting out with two Maxx-Fans, and adding AC down the road, probably when we start going on multi-month trips.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:13 PM   #10

We had Escape install Nova Kool RFT9000. It is a compressor fridge. It is early days but we are pleased with it.

In our experience, one Maxx fan is sufficient. We too do not really require AC, as we mostly travel to destinations that are appropriate for the season. We are adding Houghton AC for just in case we end up needing it. The main reason for preferring it is the noise level difference between Houghton vs Dometic and Coleman. There is a lot of discussion on it on the forum... We are more followers - trying to leverage very knowledgeable advice dispensed on this forum.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:41 PM   #11

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sranderle View Post
kavm, I'm curious as to the custom refrigerator that you are having installed.

My understanding is that they pre-wire for AC regardless of you getting a unit installed. We're thinking of starting out with two Maxx-Fans, and adding AC down the road, probably when we start going on multi-month trips.
your correct , they are prewired for AC even if you choose the maxx-fan in place of the vent