tank level monitoring system SEE level ll - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2022, 03:42 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Isn't the propane tank fill an option on the build sheet?
Yes it is, only available though for pickup in Chilliwack or Sumas...
Old 04-03-2022, 03:53 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I guess my point is you don't ask to have the propane tanks filled, it needs to be indicated on the build sheet. People who ask for things that aren't on the build sheet are often disappointed.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 04:32 PM   #23

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Isn't the propane tank fill an option on the build sheet?
I did order the full propane

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ask ETI to fill up the fresh water tank as well as the propane, so that the trailer is ready to go at Sumas. A quick check of the sensors gauge should tell good or bad news./
Excellent! I’ll do that. Full water would be fine with me, but checking the See level would be priceless, after all I’ve read (great when they work, but many not working)

Quote:
I guess my point is you don't ask to have the propane tanks filled, it needs to be indicated on the build sheet. People who ask for things that aren't on the build sheet are often disappointed.
Yeah, wasn’t sure it the propane tanks would be full in Chilliwack if we are taking receipt in Sumas. I’d sure like to make sure the stove and heater works before we head to NOG. Speaking of which, I hope we’ll see you there!
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:14 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
From my experience, propane in the Sedro-Woolley area south of Sumas is some of the cheapest in the country, possibly due to the refinery at nearby Anacourtes. FYI in case you're headed that direction after picking up your trailer at Sumas.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
From my experience, propane in the Sedro-Woolley area south of Sumas is some of the cheapest in the country, possibly due to the refinery at nearby Anacourtes. FYI in case you're headed that direction after picking up your trailer at Sumas.
Thanks Mike. Do you have a campground you like/recommend that’s within a couple hours south of the border? It will be our first night in the trailer. The following two nights we’ll be at Champoeg.

So our first day/night will be picking up some groceries and getting used to the trailer.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:38 PM   #26

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
We scheduled a preview of our trailer in Chilliwack the day before we are scheduled to accept delivery in Sumas. And the preview is on the same day we are getting the fifth wheel hitch installed in Chilliwack. I feel like we have a bunch of eggs perched precariously on the same fence…. If we can’t get across border, we won’t have a hitch.

So, I hope ETI has the See level installation figured out, and a whole bunch of other stuff goes right for us.
That’s excellent. It wasn’t an option when we picked up due to Covid restrictions.

All the best!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Thanks Mike. Do you have a campground you like/recommend that’s within a couple hours south of the border?

I've stayed at the Riverside RV Park in Sedro-Woolley. It's one of their city parks and is inexpensive. Others have recommended Bay View State Park close to Anacourtes, but I've never camped there. It's probably nicer than Riverside. I bought inexpensive propane at the Ace Hardware in Sedro-Woolley. I'm sure camping and propane prices have gone up since I was last there in 2017.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:19 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I've stayed at the Riverside RV Park in Sedro-Woolley. It's one of their city parks and is inexpensive. Others have recommended Bay View State Park close to Anacourtes, but I've never camped there. It's probably nicer than Riverside. I bought inexpensive propane at the Ace Hardware in Sedro-Woolley. I'm sure camping and propane prices have gone up since I was last there in 2017.
Thanks Mike. We will likely stay at one of those two, pending everything else that needs to happen for us to be picking up the trailer. They both look fine to me, I’ll bet Riverside is closer to groceries, but I like the location of Bay View. I’ve never seen any of Washington.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:35 PM   #29

Quote:
I’ve never seen any of Washington.

Skagit County, Wa., is one of my favorite places. But it doesn't have a Woz Way.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:51 PM   #30

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
All I can say is that I got the See Level II with my trailer, and it has never worked so far and is not simple to understand.

The freshwater tank reading is just a random number generator, and the grey and black tanks both read 'ERR". I just started working on a fix for the issue with ETI, but initially all they have done is send my the See Level installation manual. Running the diagnostic per the manual doesn't lead me to much of an understanding so far. The grey and black tank diagnostics both report good power levels, but then report that the height of the two sensors as zero. I don't even know what that means.

Hoping for a next step from ETI this week.
I would ignore ETI, and contact Garnet Instruments directly.

The system uses just one pair of wire to connect each sensor - there's physically not much to go wrong.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:48 PM   #31

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I would ignore ETI, and contact Garnet Instruments directly.

The system uses just one pair of wire to connect each sensor - there's physically not much to go wrong.

I contacted Garnet, they are working with me to diagnose. The problem seems to be with the fresh water sensor. I cut the wires to it, and the other two sensors both started working correctly. That's as far as we got today.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:15 PM   #32

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
I contacted Garnet, they are working with me to diagnose. The problem seems to be with the fresh water sensor. I cut the wires to it, and the other two sensors both started working correctly. That's as far as we got today.
That sounds like real progress! Honing in on the source of a problem is half the battle, good luck with the remaining solution
Old 04-04-2022, 10:30 PM   #33

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtucci View Post
Is this worth installing? anyone out there using one? would you recommend it?
Pondering this question, here is my opinion. ETI charges US$600 for the option. The components can be purchased elsewhere for about US$200. If I can find a local RV shop that has experience with the system and will install it for roughly $400 (or less) in labor, I'm way ahead because if it doesn't work right I can take it back to the local shop and expect them to make it right. If I buy the option from the ETI factory and it doesn't work right, I have the grief and aggravation that some of the folks posting on this thread have had.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:50 PM   #34

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
.... If I can find a local RV shop that has experience with the system and will install it for roughly $400 (or less) in labor ....
Got any idea the $/hr labor rate for competent RV shops or mobile techs these days?

(I don't, it's an honestly curious question)
Old 04-04-2022, 11:58 PM   #35

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
If I buy the option from the ETI factory and it doesn't work right, I have the grief and aggravation that some of the folks posting on this thread have had.
Following that logic, you should have a local RV shop build your trailer.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:58 PM   #36

Quote:

So something in the fresh water tank wiring (perhaps a resistor network intended for the standard probes left connected) or the fresh tank sender itself was messing up the communications between the senders and the display.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:01 PM   #37

Quote:
Pondering this question, here is my opinion. ETI charges US$600 for the option. The components can be purchased elsewhere for about US$200. If I can find a local RV shop that has experience with the system and will install it for roughly $400 (or less) in labor, I'm way ahead because if it doesn't work right I can take it back to the local shop and expect them to make it right. If I buy the option from the ETI factory and it doesn't work right, I have the grief and aggravation that some of the folks posting on this thread have had.
That makes sense, but for a trailer with the optional foam on the bottom access to the fresh and grey waste tanks to install SeeLeveL senders would be difficult. And access to the black waste tanks on some models is difficult. If access for installation isn't a problem, then I agree that there isn't much advantage to getting the system from the ETI factory.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:42 PM   #38

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
That makes sense, but for a trailer with the optional foam on the bottom access to the fresh and grey waste tanks to install SeeLeveL senders would be difficult. And access to the black waste tanks on some models is difficult. If access for installation isn't a problem, then I agree that there isn't much advantage to getting the system from the ETI factory.

Also worth a note, if you want the sensor head up at eye level like where ETI places it, it's nice to have the wires run. It would be nicer if it also worked correctly......

Garnet decided my sensor is bad and they are sending me a new one.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:34 AM   #39

Trailer: 2021 21NE
I picked my 2021 model up T Sumas early 2021 and empty grey tank read 33% and still does when empty. I don't know when it's full and end up flooding the bathroom three times out.
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:53 AM   #40

Trailer: 2021 17B
I have the SEE level and the system works quite well in mine, lucky perhaps. I have noticed that the sensor strips are available in different lengths (from the manufacturer) and thought about swapping them out because some options have higher resolution than others, but I'll likely never get around to that. I think they currently display in 8% increments. Having no foam on my trailer I can also see that they would be quite susceptible to installation position on the tank relative to full or empty on any given unit.
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote