tank level monitoring system SEE level ll - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2022, 11:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 escape
tank level monitoring system SEE level ll

Is this worth installing? anyone out there using one? would you recommend it?
tedtucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:56 AM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I lived for 50 years with the inaccurate standard gauges. They are totally adequate since you know black and gray don’t work reliably. For this trailer I splurged and got the upgraded gauges. They are nice, but if I wanted to save money somewhere, they would also be my first option to drop. I am glad I have them, but it’s not a deal breaker.
brroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 08:09 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtucci View Post
Is this worth installing? anyone out there using one? would you recommend it?
Yes. We took this option and are very happy with it. It was a cause for our major disappointment with ETI in that they shipped us a camper without testing whether it worked and it did not. The resulting post-sales experience wasn’t great. But, once it was fixed - we have found it to be excellent system that we use all the time. It would be a no brainer for me.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 09:30 AM   #4

Trailer: 2021 21NE
We have it. We use it. We like it.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:14 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17B / 2021Toyota 4Runner
Kavm, What was your fix? Our SeeLevel II quit working after less than a month of taking delivery of our 17B. The black and gray tanks are reading fine, but the fresh tank has an "Opn" code. I've tugged and wiggled all of the connections and they seem solid, so I'm wondering if the unit itself has failed.
IanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
Kavm, What was your fix? Our SeeLevel II quit working after less than a month of taking delivery of our 17B. The black and gray tanks are reading fine, but the fresh tank has an "Opn" code. I've tugged and wiggled all of the connections and they seem solid, so I'm wondering if the unit itself has failed.
We are not very handy, so I am not knowledgeable about the fix which was done by a RV repair shop. I believe it was wired wrong by ETI. I was provided the following instructions by ETI but told them that I wasn't ready to do them and we gave the camper to the RV repair shop:
Dustin @ETI- "I will have you locate the fresh tank, this is behind the second tire, you will see the drain valve for the fresh tank. At the top near the frame, you will see a red plastic tab, this is a cover for the resistors in the probes that are installed in the fresh tank. Locate the red and white wires and cut them leaving enough should you even need to connect to them again. Tape the ends of the wires and test the tank again."
Ours is now going into the second year. We have not had any problem with it since it was fixed. But, due to the late start - it has not had as much use.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
We are not very handy, so I am not knowledgeable about the fix which was done by a RV repair shop. I believe it was wired wrong by ETI. I was provided the following instructions by ETI but told them that I wasn't ready to do them and we gave the camper to the RV repair shop:
Dustin @ETI- "I will have you locate the fresh tank, this is behind the second tire, you will see the drain valve for the fresh tank. At the top near the frame, you will see a red plastic tab, this is a cover for the resistors in the probes that are installed in the fresh tank. Locate the red and white wires and cut them leaving enough should you even need to connect to them again. Tape the ends of the wires and test the tank again."
The SeeLevel system and traditional probes both use just one pair of wires from the tank to the display device, but with SeeLevel the wires are used as computer communications link while the probes are connected with a network of resistors. The above implies that at the factory ETI left the resistor pack connected, making it impossible for the SeeLevel system to use the pair of wires for communication.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 04:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The SeeLevel system and traditional probes both use just one pair of wires from the tank to the display device, but with SeeLevel the wires are used as computer communications link while the probes are connected with a network of resistors. The above implies that at the factory ETI left the resistor pack connected, making it impossible for the SeeLevel system to use the pair of wires for communication.
That's a better explanation of what was wrong. All I got from ETI was what I quoted.

It was a new option in 2021. Looked like multiple campers had the issue. I am sure they have figured it out by now.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:43 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
That's a better explanation of what was wrong. All I got from ETI was what I quoted.
But the quoted part was all that was needed to figure it out - thanks for sharing what you got from ETI.

Quote:
It was a new option in 2021. Looked like multiple campers had the issue. I am sure they have figured it out by now.
I'm not so sure, but it does seem like a reasonable expectation...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:52 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I have my trailer bed platform disassembled to deal with a plumbing issue. So I'm tempted to take the opportunity to retrofit the trailer with the SeeLevel II gauges. I see that I need to bypass a resistor pack in order to use the existing tank wires. Is there anything else that I need to look out for?
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:18 AM   #11

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Is there anything else that I need to look out for?

All I can say is that I got the See Level II with my trailer, and it has never worked so far and is not simple to understand.

The freshwater tank reading is just a random number generator, and the grey and black tanks both read 'ERR". I just started working on a fix for the issue with ETI, but initially all they have done is send my the See Level installation manual. Running the diagnostic per the manual doesn't lead me to much of an understanding so far. The grey and black tank diagnostics both report good power levels, but then report that the height of the two sensors as zero. I don't even know what that means.

Hoping for a next step from ETI this week.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 09:55 AM   #12

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
All I can say is that I got the See Level II with my trailer, and it has never worked so far and is not simple to understand.

The freshwater tank reading is just a random number generator, and the grey and black tanks both read 'ERR". I just started working on a fix for the issue with ETI, but initially all they have done is send my the See Level installation manual. Running the diagnostic per the manual doesn't lead me to much of an understanding so far. The grey and black tank diagnostics both report good power levels, but then report that the height of the two sensors as zero. I don't even know what that means.

We ordered the See Level and are scheduled to inspect our trailer at ETI in two weeks. I’m curious as to what to look for, as far as the status of the See Level, and I’m wondering if you got the spray foam insulation and if it will impede repair.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:02 AM   #13

Quote:

Do follow up. Ours is also a 2021 and had similar problems until it got fixed. After that, it’s been great.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:10 AM   #14

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
We ordered the See Level and are scheduled to inspect our trailer at ETI in two weeks. I’m curious as to what to look for, as far as the status of the See Level, and I’m wondering if you got the spray foam insulation and if it will impede repair.

No foam, so I can access the sensors no problem. The system claims that once the sensors are cut to length, then the monitor detects the sensor length automatically. My system reports the sensor length as zero, and reads ERR, so obviously something is very wrong with those two sensors. Unfortunately, the troubleshooting guide doesn't really give a set of steps to take from this point forward, so ETI is going to have to tell me what to check next.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:29 AM   #15

Quote:
No foam, so I can access the sensors no problem. The system claims that once the sensors are cut to length, then the monitor detects the sensor length automatically. My system reports the sensor length as zero, and reads ERR, so obviously something is very wrong with those two sensors. Unfortunately, the troubleshooting guide doesn't really give a set of steps to take from this point forward, so ETI is going to have to tell me what to check next.
Ohhh, sounds tough to repair/diagnose if the foam is there. I’ve made a list of things to check during inspection, and the See Level is the top of the list.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
Ohhh, sounds tough to repair/diagnose if the foam is there. I’ve made a list of things to check during inspection, and the See Level is the top of the list.
Unless you get to do this inspection at the ETI facility in Chilliwack, you are in the same boat as everyone else. There is no inspection in Sumas, WA and the See Level II inspection would involve filling up the tanks to some degree. Your best bet still is that ETI would have learned how to install See Level II properly in the last year.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:12 PM   #17

Trailer: 2021 21NE
We have the See Level II and it works fine. Have never had an error code. We received our trailer Sept 2021. The only thing I can say is the Gray tank always reads that it has something in it. I would have to guess if we did as some have suggested and leaned the trailer towards the driver side a little, the tank would fully drain and we would see 0 on the See Level II monitor.
We do not have spray foam insulation. I would hazard a guess if we did it would require removal to service the wiring as it is on the tanks and the foam would be in the way.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 01:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Unless you get to do this inspection at the ETI facility in Chilliwack, you are in the same boat as everyone else. There is no inspection in Sumas, WA and the See Level II inspection would involve filling up the tanks to some degree. Your best bet still is that ETI would have learned how to install See Level II properly in the last year.
We scheduled a preview of our trailer in Chilliwack the day before we are scheduled to accept delivery in Sumas. And the preview is on the same day we are getting the fifth wheel hitch installed in Chilliwack. I feel like we have a bunch of eggs perched precariously on the same fence…. If we can’t get across border, we won’t have a hitch.

So, I hope ETI has the See level installation figured out, and a whole bunch of other stuff goes right for us.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:05 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Ask ETI to fill up the fresh water tank as well as the propane, so that the trailer is ready to go at Sumas. A quick check of the sensors gauge should tell good or bad news./
Old 04-03-2022, 02:10 PM   #20
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ask ETI to fill up the fresh water tank as well as the propane, so that the trailer is ready to go at Sumas. A quick check of the sensors gauge should tell good or bad news./
Isn't the propane tank fill an option on the build sheet?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote