Thing about selling our 21 and buying a molded fiberglass class c, thoughts? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2020, 04:22 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfree View Post
Before we bought our Escape we rented a diesel Sprinter chassis RV and took it camping. We found it to be a lot less enjoyable driving than when riding in a tow vehicle. Those things are really noisy going down the road at 70 mph. Rough ride, no power going up hills, and noise made it our last trip in a Class C.

I'm sure there are quiet, powerful, nice riding Class C's out there though. Just make sure you try before you buy!
Absolutely loved our 1979 21 ft Dodge Class C . Bought secondhand and had for 12 years and sold for more then we purchased because of her condition and improvements .Road great with the Bilsteins . Just glad to not have to deal with a engine . But the 360 was a workhorse . Like that they are separate now if the tow vehicle needs work . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:46 PM   #22

Trailer: ex Casita/ 2016 Escape 21 '16 TRD 4x4
I have a 2016 21, and pull with a ‘16 Tacoma. Love the truck when not pulling the trailer, but not happy with the engine. My ‘08 Taco had a lot more power. Wouldn’t recommend pulling a new 21.
jerryandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 21c
I have a 21c on order. Won’t get it for a year. So I am also interested in your Escape. Kentucky is much closer than far west Canada.
Galen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:06 PM   #24

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I have had a few friends from work go from a trailer to a motorhome and back to a trailer. It's nice to unhook and go explore in your truck. There are many places I go that I couldn't in a motorhome. Also consider the gas mileage and depreciation when just out sight seeing. You can buy a new truck a lot cheaper than a new motorhome.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:21 PM   #25

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
My friends have one similar to that. The problem I see is that it makes a lot more things that can go wrong- all the things that make it nice such as auto leveling and a slide and being one unit also make it problematic.
My neighbor has a 35’ Class A. Doesn’t get much use. They have problems with the auto stabilizers coming up completely sometimes and had major problems with their 25’ slide. It’s sad when the RV shop couldn’t figure out the problem and it just sat there. I had them pull it out of there. I studied the manuals, spoke to a Winnebago tech and fixed it myself.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:49 PM   #26

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Looked at two different small e450 ford motorhomes this week, not sure how someone can spend $150000+ on a new RV and not take care of it. Both seemed a bit rough around the edges and the build compared to our Escape was in a completely different word, one only had 12,000 miles on it. The Coach House we looked at had a lot of wear and tear but seem like a well built unit. The coachman champion on the other hand...... good lookin but the inside seemed to be falling apart. I really need Escape to build a class B+
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:55 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0
Hi, Am interested in a 21c if and when you decide to sell. I would appreciate a chance at it. erichs1@juno.com or cell #303-507-1176

Erich Bruch
erichsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:11 PM   #28

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfire View Post
I really need Escape to build a class B+
Trying to compete in motorhomes is one of the factors that drove Bigfoot into bankruptcy; they're back, and this time they wisely won't touch anything motorized. KV Private Equity (which owns Escape) might want to acquire a motorhome builder and apply Escape's standards to it, but I wouldn't that Escape try it.

I'm not sure what you mean by B+ (some people use this term for low-profile Class C's, and anything built on an E450 chassis is a Class C or Class A), but there probably is a decent builder of the desired style... but they can be hard to find.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote