Time to buy Springfield pedestal - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Folding table sounds good. Attached to a twist lock style floor mount will reduce the wobbles. I'm contemplating having hardware on the wall to hook the table to for a full dinette. I might be asking a little much from a folding table.
I did something similar for my Scamp 13. Worked well. Much better for lounging and easy in and out. A lot of the time, for lunch stops etc. we just used it still folded.

Because of the easier access to the table in the 19 I haven't felt the need to do it again. But it works well and there didn't seem to be any negative aspects to having it fold.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
10-12-2011 4-09-53 PM  008_resize.JPG   10-12-2011 4-09-54 PM  009_resize.JPG   10-12-2011 4-09-54 PM  0010_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Though I plan to use the Dicor Cosmo, with the 4-way sliding top, my plan is to do something similar. I am thinking of folding both sides (25% width each) to form a half sized table for lounging.

Nothing is bought yet, and the planning continues.

Zwaardvis has some great solutions too, but certainly seem expensive.
Zwaardvis | Table pedestals for recreational vehicles
I think that you could end up with something like the tables I saw on one of the TGV trains. when they were folded, they were nice for drinks and appetizers. They had two cup holders that showed when when folded. When unfolded, they were large enough for four folks to sit and have dinner.

If you wanted a post retirement career making table tops like this, I would be one of your first customers :-)
Old 12-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I created a folding table in my tent trailer by cutting the table into 1/3 and 2/3, with a piano hinge.
The 1/3 part was to fold onto the 2/3 to allow access to the back of the trailer ( other than by walking on the benches ). As it turned out, that piano hinge wasn't enough to keep the 1/3 piece from sagging on the outer edge, even without weight on it.
I also discovered that if you used it in the folded position, you then had to move stuff off the top to unfold it.
I was going to attempt to add supports to fix the sagging issue ( which would have made it even more of a PIA to use ), but I bought the Escape instead.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #24

[QUOTE=gbaglo;120438
I was going to attempt to add supports to fix the sagging issue ( which would have made it even more of a PIA to use ), but I bought the Escape instead.[/QUOTE]

That's why I used pull out full extension drawer slides to support the outer half. Strong and quick to deploy.

Ron
Old 12-08-2015, 01:10 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Jim Bennett... A "Half sized table" sounds like a diet aid... like using smaller plates. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
If only it was that easy...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
I think that you could end up with something like the tables I saw on one of the TGV trains. when they were folded, they were nice for drinks and appetizers. They had two cup holders that showed when when folded. When unfolded, they were large enough for four folks to sit and have dinner.

If you wanted a post retirement career making table tops like this, I would be one of your first customers :-)
"retirement career"? Isn't that one of those oxymorons?

Though, I certainly don't plan to sit idle after retiring, and when not touring in my Escape, and things like that are definitely what I would love doing.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
That's why I used pull out full extension drawer slides to support the outer half. Strong and quick to deploy.

Ron
From Lee Valley Tools?
Old 12-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
From Lee Valley Tools?
At a disabled workshop I volunteer at all the fine craftsman tool aficionados wear their Lee Valley shop aprons. I wear my Busy Bee apron.

I find most of the stuff I use for projects, except electronics, at either Rona or HD.

Ron