trip to pickup new Escape 21 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
it does look level, very good. Is that a tundra?
Old 08-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
We have a 2004 F-150 with the inexpensive pro series, it works like a charm, very stable. I have towed around town for short distances without it and prefer the wdh. No issues with sway.

Without it Id probably want a shorter stinger than the way its set up now.

I am very happy with the setup and have towed across the country twice already since we picked up our 21 last summer. This trailer is well designed I conclude.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
yes, 2009 Tundra with 4.7 V8, is adequate, but next truck will be 5.7 Tundra or F150 with 3.5 ecoboost.

WDH works very well with tight turn radius going forward or backwards, best I can tell. I'm very pleased with the WDH, works great IMO.

only issue is taking trailer over some old erosion burms I have to cross on my property where the truck will twist opposite the trailer coming up on the burm and then the trailer will twist opposite the truck coming off the burm. I took the springs arms off to cross the burms the 1st and only time, no issues. I imagine might would put some ugly forces across the WDH if I left it hitched up?
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I managed to drop an arm once making a very tight turn, uphill. Other than that, I've had no issues in ten years.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:59 AM   #25

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Ikea towel holders

I found that putting as large as possible piece of heavy duty double back Velcro on the back of the suction area works really well at keeping them in place. I also use it for the toilet paper holder. I much prefer pulling my TP out the usual way instead of using the covered one ETI supplies. It's now my extra paper roll storage area.

I do remove the TP and towels from the racks while traveling, but that's not a problem as the bed is right there and easy to put stuff like that on. Before putting on the Velcro, the racks would fall off from time to time while traveling, even without stuff on them.

I also use Command hooks for the washcloths (most of which are used for drying out the bathroom after a shower).

I was in your neck of the woods in the middle of May. Stinking hot then.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05334.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #26

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
yes, very hot in TX, right after we left it was 110 one day and 108 the next, we were glad to be gone. however, it was fairly hot on the way back, for example was 100 at Three Island Crossing State Park, ID which is way north of Dallas, TX.

thanks for suggestions
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #27

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Are you the one i talked to on Monday AM picking your trailer up? my trailer was only in getting some work on a window.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 ESCAPE 21
We have pulled around 10k with a F-150 and no wdh or stabilizer and I have been totally comfortable with it. However, when we tow with our 2017 Tacoma I use a Equalizer brand wdh which has built in stabilizer bars and I would not tow with that truck without it. FYI.. we are towing a 2016 21ft. We did that same TX-Chilliwack a couple years ago.
thumper-tx is offline   Reply With Quote