Visit to Chilliwack - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
My wife and I are flying out to Vancouver in about 2 weeks to the Escape folkks and finalize our build sheet on the 2019 5.0 TA we just put a deposit on. I was too nervous about plunking down that much cash and not getting inside one of these things and getting the feel of it, also, being new to the RV ownership thing, we're a bit nervous regarding choosing the right options and so talking to them ion person will be more comfortable.

I have been following the Escape forum for a long while (most recently as a new member) and you all have been hugely informative and very helpful in this process, thanks to everyone!!

BTW - off topic, being new to the site, how do you post the photo that shows up in your profile when you make a post?
Hi marsman, we ordered our Escape last month and spent yesterday in Chilliwack working on our build sheet. We are glad we made the trip, being able to spend time in the trailer and also compare features between the various trailers helped finalize decisions. Although this trip was very beneficial our trip to a rally in September where we talked and saw quite a few Escapes was even more beneficial as we were able to talk with many owners and get their various ideas and uses. Also I spent a lot of time on the forum before the trip and gleaned as much as I could.
Again, making the trip for us was the right decision.
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #22

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Hi Ronn, it was great meeting you and Colleen at the Miss. rally where you were able to see both the classic and new 5.0TA's. I see you ordered on Oct. 5, not wasting any time. If you should decide to see more of our country after picking up, you're welcome to come stay in our driveway just before getting home in June.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #23

Thanks Lilkuma, I see it now, appreciate the help
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:04 PM   #24

Thanks for the suggestion Jim, really appreciate it. We have already booked our flight into Vancouver and decided to make a little vacation out of it as we have friends in the city itself and on Vancouver Island near Nanaimo. We are going to stay with them a few days each. We're pretty excited about Chiliwack though!! We're going to spend a night there as well in a hotel which apparently is in the same parking lot as Escape Industries; and bonus: there's a Timmys there too
Old 11-06-2018, 03:09 PM   #25

That is pretty cool Ronn, we almost ran into each other; as Get Smart would say "missed it by that much" Maybe we'll run into each other at a rally. We are going to have to pay for a couple of months of storage because our build date is Mar 25, 2019, when is your build date. Says on your profile you're picking up June 2019?? We're planning on picking ours up in July 2019 and then heading to the Bluesfest in Fargo, ND; haven't missed one in 8 years!!
Old 11-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, the Best Western is right next door to Escape Trailer Industries, sandwiched between it and Tim Hortons on the other side. Ask for the Escape discount also.....
Old 11-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
That is pretty cool Ronn, we almost ran into each other; as Get Smart would say "missed it by that much" Maybe we'll run into each other at a rally. We are going to have to pay for a couple of months of storage because our build date is Mar 25, 2019, when is your build date. Says on your profile you're picking up June 2019?? We're planning on picking ours up in July 2019 and then heading to the Bluesfest in Fargo, ND; haven't missed one in 8 years!!
From the Escape Web page.
“If you are unable to pick the trailer up once it is finished we will be more than happy to store your trailer free of charge for 3 months ($100.00cdn/month after that) until you are able to pick it up or have it delivered. Please note with this option your trailer warranty does not take affect until you take possession of the trailer.”
See you at the Rally!

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:20 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
That is pretty cool Ronn, we almost ran into each other; as Get Smart would say "missed it by that much"
“Would You Believe?”

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Hi Maurizio and Lucie, Our build date is June 12th, we could have had an earlier date but we have a granddaughter getting married in May so the June date works well for us.
We went with the U shaped dinette, for Colleen the aesthetics trumped function. We are going with the Lagun mount which I think will be quite functional.
We just purchased a very nice 2015 F150 3.5 ecoboost, it seems like a great truck equipped with what I wanted and good payload at 1877lbs (851 kg). I was fixed on buying a mid size truck (the new Ford Ranger) but it seemed some hurdles to work out. The main reason for wanting a mid size was fitting into the garage, but the F150 does fit! I got the Crew Cab with the 5.5' box. I plan to have the rail mount Anderson Ultimate hitch.
As an afterthought I would have preferred the SuperCab with the 6.5' box. I am imagining that the 5th wheel hitch will be taking up a good share of the room in the bed. I do think it would have been more difficult finding a SuperCab that met our wants and I am glad I found and purchased this truck.
We are in the process of both building and buying stuff on our Escape shopping list, that growing list is burning through the $.
I see you are attending the Escape Rally, did you decide to pickup your Escape sooner than July?
Ronn
Old 12-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #30

Hey Ron,

I can sympathize with the whole build list thing, it was quite a chore for us as well, I would like to have had all the options but being on a fixed income now (so to speak, I'm retired), we had to make some tough choices, for example, I like the look of the alloy wheels but decided on sticking with the standard painted steel wheels as $500 was too much money to spend simply for the look! Good luck on your build.

Congratulations on your new tow vehicle, I'm so envious! We are still looking for ours. We are looking at the same vehicle as you have and will try to get one with the 6.5 ft box, either way mine will definitely not fit in the garage, oh well, I've resigned myself to this fact and will be brushing snow off of it 5 months per year. FYI Reace told me that if I got a 5.5 foot box I would be required to get a hitch with a slide, something you might want to inquire about because the Anderson hitch may not work?

We have registered for the rally in Oosooyos and booked our RV spot at the campground so plans may have changed and we may be picking up our trailer in May, we are currently scheduled for our orientation on May 22nd. That said I will probably still haul my trailer out to Fargo for the Bluesfest as I prefer sleeping in my RV rather than forking out huge dollars for a hotel room and not having my favourite pillow and my special coffee in the morning. I have a very good friend who lives in Minneapolis, maybe we'll meet someday?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #31

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i have the Anderson (ball attachment) and the 5'5" bed and have had no issues (Escape told me it would not be a problem).
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #32

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I got the Crew Cab with the 5.5' box. I plan to have the rail mount Anderson Ultimate hitch.
As an afterthought I would have preferred the SuperCab with the 6.5' box. I am imagining that the 5th wheel hitch will be taking up a good share of the room in the bed.
The mounting rails are about 22 inches (front-to-back) on centre, so any fifth-wheel and the Andersen Ultimate take that much of the box length, and typical modern hitches (including the Andersen) are roughly square (or wider than they are long), leaving narrow spaces down each side. So overall the hitch takes about a two-foot square of the box space, which is small fraction of the space but awkwardly right in the middle.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Hey Ron,

I can sympathize with the whole build list thing, it was quite a chore for us as well, I would like to have had all the options but being on a fixed income now (so to speak, I'm retired), we had to make some tough choices, for example, I like the look of the alloy wheels but decided on sticking with the standard painted steel wheels as $500 was too much money to spend simply for the look! Good luck on your build.

Congratulations on your new tow vehicle, I'm so envious! We are still looking for ours. We are looking at the same vehicle as you have and will try to get one with the 6.5 ft box, either way mine will definitely not fit in the garage, oh well, I've resigned myself to this fact and will be brushing snow off of it 5 months per year. FYI Reace told me that if I got a 5.5 foot box I would be required to get a hitch with a slide, something you might want to inquire about because the Anderson hitch may not work?

We have registered for the rally in Oosooyos and booked our RV spot at the campground so plans may have changed and we may be picking up our trailer in May, we are currently scheduled for our orientation on May 22nd. That said I will probably still haul my trailer out to Fargo for the Bluesfest as I prefer sleeping in my RV rather than forking out huge dollars for a hotel room and not having my favourite pillow and my special coffee in the morning. I have a very good friend who lives in Minneapolis, maybe we'll meet someday?
We are picking up our new E21 on Tuesday 5/21 and then heading to Osoyoos, stop in and say hello....
Old 12-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #34

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The mounting rails are about 22 inches (front-to-back) on centre, so any fifth-wheel and the Andersen Ultimate take that much of the box length, and typical modern hitches (including the Andersen) are roughly square (or wider than they are long), leaving narrow spaces down each side. So overall the hitch takes about a two-foot square of the box space, which is small fraction of the space but awkwardly right in the middle.

So with the 5.5' bed and the Anderson hitch, is there room to put a (smallish) locking toolbox in the front of the bed?
Old 12-07-2018, 01:53 PM   #35

Jim,

I will definitely stop in, forewarning though, may only have Canadian beer! : o

Mars
Old 12-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #36

That is the first thing I get in town after set up......
Old 12-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #37

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
So with the 5.5' bed and the Anderson hitch, is there room to put a (smallish) locking toolbox in the front of the bed?
The forward rail will be centred roughly a foot ahead of the axle line, so is whatever is left ahead of that enough for a crossbed toolbox? I think so, although it will obviously depend on the size of the toolbox; someone with a 5.5' box, Andersen hitch, and toolbox will probably let you know.

You could also run toolboxes down each side, if you have enough clearance to open their lids.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #38

BTW Our orientation appointment is the morning of May 22nd. So I guess I'll be arriving at the campsite in the afternoon of the 22nd, should be a very interesting day, I've never owned an RV let alone a fifth wheel; will be nerve racking backing into my very first site ....yikes!
Old 12-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #39

What's the worse that could happen ....?

Click image for larger version

Name:	63-RV park itW.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	35583
Old 12-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #40

Quote:
FYI Reace told me that if I got a 5.5 foot box I would be required to get a hitch with a slide, something you might want to inquire about because the Anderson hitch may not work?
I am surprised to hear this, I wonder if that is recent thinking as I think there are many towing with the Anderson Ultimate. I sent an email to ETI regarding this. Thanks for the information. Ronn