Waiting and waiting for more info on 2017 models - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I also agree with Klem. I am sure I would not be enjoying this waiting time -- some folks will have pretty big decisions -- 2017 model or 2016 model? To give up a spot in line or not to give up? Will it still be in the budget? How quickly will decisions have to be made? And humans being what they are, as many times as it's been explained, for some folks it's still unclear what they are dealing with. I'd probably be one of the unclear people so I sympathize. For example, I'd really love a medicine cabinet. Would I be willing to spend a couple thousand more for the privilege or give up a place in line? Thankfully for me I don't have to decide.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Boy, I just don't understand the problem here...I guess I'm obtuse. If one is uncomfortable ordering something then don't order it until you have all the facts you need. I don't see any "blindness" either as the exterior picture has been posted and the comments have been made that the interior construction changes are minimal. Other than the medicine cabinet and change in the awning (and change to SS stove and sink), what's left to know? Those who have ordered the 2016 model don't have to change a thing (they're only putting the pressure on themselves) if they don't want to although I find that an unexpected and surprising option that ETI has offered.
Me either Karen! I think back to the dozen or so of us that put down a deposit for the 5.0TA when the molds weren't even done for another 6 months or so after. The only thing we knew came from a Photoshop picture and a layout written on a cocktail napkin. Oh, and the interior layout "will be" kinda/sorta like the 21'. At least with these models, everyone knows the interior layout isn't changing.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Boy, I just don't understand the problem here...I guess I'm obtuse. If one is uncomfortable ordering something then don't order it until you have all the facts you need. I don't see any "blindness" either as the exterior picture has been posted and the comments have been made that the interior construction changes are minimal. Other than the medicine cabinet and change in the awning (and change to SS stove and sink), what's left to know? Those who have ordered the 2016 model don't have to change a thing (they're only putting the pressure on themselves) if they don't want to although I find that an unexpected and surprising option that ETI has offered.
Just because you can order on April 1 doesn't mean you have to. We had never even seen one Escape trailer when we ordered our 17.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:16 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and let us not forget the fact that production will be doubled, less wait times and quicker delivery means one thing, more time to enjoy your new toy.....
Old 03-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
I also agree with Klem. I am sure I would not be enjoying this waiting time -- some folks will have pretty big decisions -- 2017 model or 2016 model? To give up a spot in line or not to give up? Will it still be in the budget? How quickly will decisions have to be made? And humans being what they are, as many times as it's been explained, for some folks it's still unclear what they are dealing with. I'd probably be one of the unclear people so I sympathize. For example, I'd really love a medicine cabinet. Would I be willing to spend a couple thousand more for the privilege or give up a place in line? Thankfully for me I don't have to decide.
There is no way we would order anything without researching etc. If I told you how many times , back in the day we changed our bill sheet . We have a small stack of bill sheet papers . No longer allowed , why to this day everything still is not clear or listed about options , etc. , still is lacking .Kim where ever you are , Thankyou for your guidance and patience . I for one want to see pictures and prices . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Well put, Karen.

If you had made a previous decision to go with the 2016, then you must be confident that it is what you wanted, and you can just stick with it. It is still a fantastic trailer regardless of a new model coming out.

It looks like trying to do a nice thing and extend the offer of the 2017 model to those with a 2016 on order, may have come back to bite Escape in the butt.

I am not at all saying that it wouldn't be a good thing to know the details of the changes, but we already know the vast majority of them, and until Escape is given the opportunity to actually fully outfit the interiors of these trailers, even they do not know what the final details will be.

I guess my situation is unique, as I am more than willing to put the trust in Escape after 7 years of dealing with them, and go with the 2017 model regardless of what changes are made. Like Donna not having a 5.0TA built when she committed to buy, it was the same with me and the 19, which was just a concept when I put my money on the line. Being able to have the ability to trust sure keeps the stress levels down.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
I sympathize with these people and their frustration trying to make a major purchase and not having all the pictures to view (they are trying to make a decision "blind"). And I feel they have every right to complain as it may help them come to a reasonable accommodation.

ETI has shown that they try to resolve complaints and folks that don't complain will not see any action. My hope is that ETI will extend the April 1st 'action' date by at least a day for every day these folks wait for complete information to make a decision, pictures and documentation of the 2017 models.

In my personal experience with ETI I told them we did not want to have a trailer built with a weak refrigerator. I was assured it would all work out and we picked up our new 2014 19'. Many people assured me on this Forum that "I" should trust ETI.

A year later, after a trip to ETI and $250. dollars my RML was swapped to a RMD which is still 'weak' but not as bad as the RMD. And now, in 2017 the 19' gets a bigger door and new refrigerator model.

ETI does it's best to choose components to install in their trailers and I blame the manufacturer of the refrigerator, Dometic, for selling it to them. ETI trusted Dometic and should ... Dometic let them down.

The 2017 models will have strengths and weakness's ... having pictures and documentation of features and option allow the purchaser the flexibility of choice. When I saw the pictures I thought 'whoops' the new 19' won't have a refrigerator problem .. but maybe an awning problem ... time will tell.

After my experience with our 2014 19' purchasing experience I feel these folks have a right to complain, research, etc. to their heart's content. It's too much money on the table to simply 'trust' any company. And this Forum should be a place they are free to express themselves and hopefully find what makes them comfortable parting with their cash and hitting the road!

Klem no one at ETI is forcing anyone to buy their trailers or trust them that is a choice the buyer makes of their own free will.

Buyers can also wait until the new trailers have been produced and make their decisions as to what they want.

Cheers
Doug
Old 03-29-2016, 04:46 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
So glad they could getaway and spend some time together.....you all deserve it!!
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
All I can ask for is patience! Tammy and my youngest daughter have been away on a school field trip to Europe for the last 2 weeks. I was under strict warning not to touch the website! That is Tammy's baby that she is working on with the web guy. She has only returned this past weekend and has been working diligently to update the standard features and options lists. I know it should be an easy update, however there were still some unknowns until just recently.

On Wednesday there will be photos of the 2017 17' exterior. The 21' molds are still about a month away.

Reace
LOL, thats too funny! I was telling Cheryl the other night that I bet Tammy has warned him not to touch the website!

I feel your pain Reace
Old 03-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thirty years ago, before there was the WWW, one had to physically go out and see things for themselves, no photos to view on your computer screen. If you wanted to purchase a major item and you had to see it before purchase, you visited the manufacturer or their sales lot. Otherwise you were limited to drawings or specifications mailed to you. Now you buy just about anything from your palm sized device. How convenient purchasing has become.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:24 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA Sold
Hello everyone - as a newbie I thought I would jump in here and offer my own point of view.

My husband and I have been researching trailers for a while now and decided two years ago to go with an Escape 5.0TA. We missed the production dates last year and I can tell you that that is NOT going to happen this year.

We'll order April 1 (or as soon after as possible) and fill in the blanks later. I don't want to miss the chance to own one of these beauties simply because I don't know yet exactly what it's going to look like.

I consider it a bit like Christmas morning. Don't know what's in the package but I'm sure it's going to be worth the anticipation!

Candace
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome to the site, Candace. And a big congrats on your wise choice of trailer. With such a great attitude, I have no doubt you are going to enjoy it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
The more I read these posts the more I sympathize with those who are waiting. When we ordered we could have had our trailer in four months -- it was our choice to wait longer. It is just the way it is but I do feel for these folks. I also feel for the Escape folks who are making an attempt to grow their business sensibly while being as fair as possible to the buyers.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:29 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA Sold
Thanks Jim. I'm so looking forward to this adventure!
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #35

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
The more I read these posts the more I sympathize with those who are waiting.
Yes. Back in 2012/2013 I chose a completion date about six months out and even then there were a few "YIKES" moments when my build sheet was due. So, yes, it can be an anxious time.

I do believe that the pendulum for ordering will swing back the other way again at some point. It always does.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:26 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post

I consider it a bit like Christmas morning. Don't know what's in the package but I'm sure it's going to be worth the anticipation!

Candace
That is a great attitude, and I think you are 100% right. Every time I have asked Reace about a decision he has been able to give me some answers as to why he made the decisions that he did. Reace and Tammy are not fools and I am really glad that they are continuing to improve their products.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:09 PM   #37
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I can see both sides of this. Ordering sight unseen is scary, but I've found the folks at Escape are always great to work with. I'd like to see the mounting system for the solar, and I'd also like to see first hand reviews of the awning in different weather conditions. Other than that, I'd go for the 2017 in a heartbeat if I were deciding now.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #38

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I can see both sides of this. Ordering sight unseen is scary, but I've found the folks at Escape are always great to work with. I'd like to see the mounting system for the solar, and I'd also like to see first hand reviews of the awning in different weather conditions. Other than that, I'd go for the 2017 in a heartbeat if I were deciding now.

Do I smell another trailer going up for sale [emoji6]

Cheers
Doug
Old 03-29-2016, 08:55 PM   #39
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Do I smell another trailer going up for sale [emoji6]

Cheers
Doug
Not a chance Doug. My trailer still has the 'new' smell.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:20 PM   #40

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Candace, Christmas in April sounds awesome!! Santa always treats people with the right attitude well. You are one of them! Best wishes for April 1th!! (don't forget to set the alarm clock)
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote