wanting to Order a new Escape 19 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2017, 10:42 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 RPod
Cool I agree

Well after hearing this, I think from the layout comparison on the 19 to the 21, and the price too, and the limits of most people to tow anything more than a 19, I think the 19 is a winner....not every runs a duramax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
I had a 17 for one season, but didn't like making the bed into the dinette every morning. (lazy I guess) I really like the layout of the 19. Also the 19 tows really well with my FJ Cruiser and WDH, I think it might have been stretched a bit towing the 21.
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax Guy View Post
....not every runs a duramax!

Very true. Some of us have the sense to own a PowerStroke instead.

Though I don't tow my 5.0TA with it, and am selling it soon. Total overkill, other than for towing my construction dump trailer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #23

Haha I will give you that, the new Strokes are even a salivatory thing for us DMax guys.....the 2017's.......nothing beats a new 6.7 Ford this is true. But for a new spend, I will run the LBZ Duramax Forever, I have 2 of them, the work truck can pull too, but I want the loaded one for long hauls, the work truck has NO CRUISE! LOL

What do you use as a tow vehicle for your 5.0 TA? A gas job of some kind?
Old 04-07-2017, 11:08 AM   #24

Quote:
What do you use as a tow vehicle for your 5.0 TA? A gas job of some kind?
2015 F-150, with a 3.5 litre EcoBoost. It is listed in my signature. Plenty of power for the job, and way more comfy than my F-350 for long hauls.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #25

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
and the rally is too far off, they said there is only 1 spot in the 19' and 21' for December delivery........))
In case you really want the December spot, you could put your order in. There is always the option of changing models......
You might be even so lucky to get an earlier delivery.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Price changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
In case you really want the December spot, you could put your order in. There is always the option of changing models......
Also,
It has been typical for ETI to close off taking orders once December slots are full, then, after re-evaluating production costs, raise the next year base prices when they start taking orders again in March or April.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
2015 F-150, with a 3.5 litre EcoBoost. It is listed in my signature. Plenty of power for the job, and way more comfy than my F-350 for long hauls.
Jim I see that now, yes the ecoboost big motor is the only way to go in an F-150, the 5.0 is nice, but twin turbos are nicer!
Old 04-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Marry I did not know they did early delivery!

wow. haha

the layout of the 19 is starting to seem more appealing even without seeing them in person, the full queen, and not having the dinette that will convert to my bed is very appealing!
Old 04-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #29

Quote:

the layout of the 19 is starting to seem more appealing even without seeing them in person, the full queen, and not having the dinette that will convert to my bed is very appealing!
When I bought my 19 it was sight unseen, because one had not even been made yet. Heck, I had not even seen inside an Escape trailer at all.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #30

Quote:
When I bought my 19 it was sight unseen, because one had not even been made yet. Heck, I had not even seen inside an Escape trailer at all.
That's brave!

I am sure it sold very quickly once you made the decision to go with the 5.0 TA?
Old 04-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #31

Quote:
I am sure it sold very quickly once you made the decision to go with the 5.0 TA?
It went quite fast.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #32

Quote:
It went quite fast.
very very good to heAR~!
Old 04-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #33

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
The 21 and 19 are both great. Each has advantages. In our case, we can't get a 21 down our driveway to the back yard where we have covered trailer parking. Very tight squeeze between the garage and the house. Its a 1934 house, not laid out for bigger vehicles. I don't like storing a trailer off our property when not in use.

We are moving up from another brand's 17 foot model. I can tell you, the additional 2 foot gets you A LOT! First, a decent sized queen bed. Secondly a separate area for sitting that doesn't involve taking up the bed, and is large enough for four people (guests). Third, much more storage. Check out the storage under the bed alone. Our prior trailer had water tank and batteries under the bed, using up much of the storage. Then you have the storage under the dinette, and the box on front (seems like everybody gets the box out front!)

Oh yeah, did I mention our 17 foot trailer had twin beds that were 23 inches wide? You are talking an army cot. (Standard twin bed is 42 inches wide).

If you are planning to buy new, I'd call Escape now. Get referrals to look at a 21 and a 19, and make your decision FAST. Either would make a fine choice.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBill View Post
The 21 and 19 are both great. Each has advantages. In our case, we can't get a 21 down our driveway to the back yard where we have covered trailer parking. Very tight squeeze between the garage and the house. Its a 1934 house, not laid out for bigger vehicles. I don't like storing a trailer off our property when not in use.

We are moving up from another brand's 17 foot model. I can tell you, the additional 2 foot gets you A LOT! First, a decent sized queen bed. Secondly a separate area for sitting that doesn't involve taking up the bed, and is large enough for four people (guests). Third, much more storage. Check out the storage under the bed alone. Our prior trailer had water tank and batteries under the bed, using up much of the storage. Then you have the storage under the dinette, and the box on front (seems like everybody gets the box out front!)

Oh yeah, did I mention our 17 foot trailer had twin beds that were 23 inches wide? You are talking an army cot. (Standard twin bed is 42 inches wide).

If you are planning to buy new, I'd call Escape now. Get referrals to look at a 21 and a 19, and make your decision FAST. Either would make a fine choice.
Totally this is great advice. I am still waiting to hear back from the Calgary referral as he has not even tried to call me back.

This could mean a trip out to Brooks as a gracious offer was made here for a viewing and I may need to take him up on that offer.

Now on another note, I have friends with 1980, and a 1988 Bigfoot 5th wheel, and they seem fine, what is the longevity we are hoping for with these "glass" trailers......those seem just fine and dandy! Anybody with input?
Old 04-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #35

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Now on another note, I have friends with 1980, and a 1988 Bigfoot 5th wheel, and they seem fine, what is the longevity we are hoping for with these "glass" trailers......those seem just fine and dandy! Anybody with input?
Hoping I never need another, but I won't complain if I get 15 years. I won't want to wax it in my 70's anyway.

My conventional trailer rotted apart at 7.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #36

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Quote:
Totally this is great advice. I am still waiting to hear back from the Calgary referral as he has not even tried to call me back.

This could mean a trip out to Brooks as a gracious offer was made here for a viewing and I may need to take him up on that offer.

Duramax, if you want to look at a 19 in Calgary I am going out to the storage lot tomorrow to haul it to my place in Spruce Cliff and you are welcome to look at it if you like. PM me if you are interested.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
Duramax, if you want to look at a 19 in Calgary I am going out to the storage lot tomorrow to haul it to my place in Spruce Cliff and you are welcome to look at it if you like. PM me if you are interested.
Thanks Hugh, I will let you know!
Old 04-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #38

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Quote:
Dragged it back from storage yesterday, washed it and de winterized so you are welcome to look at it any time. I'm right by Shaganappi Golf Course.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #39

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Just FYI to the OP - ETI is near the end of the year for production slots for both the 19 and 21. December 20th and 21st.

Just something to keep in mind.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #40