wanting to Order a new Escape 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-06-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
Smile wanting to Order a new Escape 19

Hi All.

I need advice,

To keep my rig that I want to order desirable, would it be a good idea to order an Oven and A/C just in case my mother and I want to jump up to the 21 in short order, like within a year or 2?

What features do you guys recommend in the community for resale if need be? And do you guys like the layout as much as I do more so than the 21 so far?

And by the way, whom is dry camping with a 3000 Watt Honda EU3000 Gen?

Thanks All,

Randall!
__________________

Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:47 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,645
Can I give you a suggestion Randall? Compare the price of the 19 and the 21, add for both the options you would like to get, and see what the difference is. You might be surprised with the outcome! (some options on the 19 are standard for the 21)
But yes, you have to like the layout. That's why we have a 19.
__________________

__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
That's great advice.

I want no options not need any

I do like the double door fridge in the 21

Not so crazy about the 21's bed next to the washroom though

I do like the larger size overall for $1500

And the new moulds for 2017

Marry this is good advice

I have a duramax so the extra weight is a non concern ))
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #4
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Posts: 7,116
The only thing I'd think about if I were considering resale, would be the A/C. I know I'd not buy a trailer without it although some do.

A 3000i might be overkill for these trailers. Unless you need to run the A/C you may get away with solar and no generator.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:27 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Can I give you a suggestion Randall? Compare the price of the 19 and the 21, add for both the options you would like to get, and see what the difference is. You might be surprised with the outcome! (some options on the 19 are standard for the 21)
But yes, you have to like the layout. That's why we have a 19.
Marry I may have spoken to your husband the other day? I am wanting to see a 19' and a 21' but he said his unit was in Canmore........)))
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:29 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
The only thing I'd think about if I were considering resale, would be the A/C. I know I'd not buy a trailer without it although some do.

A 3000i might be overkill for these trailers. Unless you need to run the A/C you may get away with solar and no generator.
I agree on the resale side, but is there a heat strip in your dometic factory air? and is it a Penguin? Low pro?

This is true.

Where I live, set aside resale, it is so cool at night.......no need for AC ever even in the heat of summer!
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:07 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax Guy View Post
Marry I may have spoken to your husband the other day? I am wanting to see a 19' and a 21' but he said his unit was in Canmore........)))
Nope. Ours is parked In our yard.
Would you be interested, you are welcome to have a look. (It's not the new style, but the inside is pretty much the same)
__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:15 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Nope. Ours is parked In our yard.
Would you be interested, you are welcome to have a look. (It's not the new style, but the inside is pretty much the same)
thanks Very much, we sure would~ We are just waiting for the 21' foot fellow to get back to us....he has not replied in 2 days.....he may be away, that way we can keep both trailers fresh for the deposit decision! )

This is very cool!
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:25 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax Guy View Post
thanks Very much, we sure would~ We are just waiting for the 21' foot fellow to get back to us....he has not replied in 2 days.....he may be away, that way we can keep both trailers fresh for the deposit decision! )

This is very cool!
Or give ETI a call. They can give you contact info of owners in your area who are willing to show you their trailer.
__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:57 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Mtns of NC, North Carolina
Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
Posts: 281
From a resale point of view, all options will go at a discount to what you paid for them. So I would get the options YOU want, rather than what some unknown possible buyer might want.

Now here in the SE USA, A/C is a must. But in your area, probably not.

One of the advantages of buying used is getting a discount on the options, assuming you wanted them. The trailers themselves hold their value tremendously well.

Sure, there will be some people that would not buy a trailer without A/C, but it really depends on your location.

Oven to me is a non-starter. It costs you money, you lose cupboard space, I would give a used trailer with one zero additional value.

Now the front box? That is a winner. Still not sure you would get every single dollar out of it.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #11
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 23,402
Randy,
There is an Escape Rally next month in Osoyoos, BC where there will be over a hundred Escapes, all in one place, all to inspect and see what owners have done inside. You can bring your camper and stay in the cg, we will not mind. See here http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ally-8767.html
__________________
Jim
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals....
Goethe
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:02 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax Guy View Post
Hi All.

I need advice,

To keep my rig that I want to order desirable, would it be a good idea to order an Oven and A/C just in case my mother and I want to jump up to the 21 in short order, like within a year or 2?

What features do you guys recommend in the community for resale if need be? And do you guys like the layout as much as I do more so than the 21 so far?

And by the way, whom is dry camping with a 3000 Watt Honda EU3000 Gen?

Thanks All,

Randall!
The majority of trailers this size do not have ovens, but some do, like our new one. I don't think it would affect resale at all.

If you don't think you will have much need for A/C I would not get it, we didn't in our 19 and in over 6 years of use camping about 6 times where we definitely would have used it. The trailers are prewired for A/C so it can be added at any time.

Layout is a personal thing. I too much prefer the layout in the 21 due to where the bed is, liking it to not be front and center, but lots and lots of folks are just fine with that, and do get some more room inside. Both are great trailers in their own right.

As mentioned on another thread, I do have a 3kW gen set, but would not consider taking it on the road with me. Powering your A/C would be the only need for it if you incorporate solar.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:18 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Brooks, Alberta
Trailer: Escape 21 Dec 2016
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax Guy View Post
We are just waiting for the 21' foot fellow to get back to us....he has not replied in 2 days.....he may be away, that way we can keep both trailers fresh for the deposit decision! )
I have a 2017 21' in Brooks you are welcome to come see if you don't hear from the guy in Canmore.
Tisiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
Bill good morning and thank you, I do take full weight of what you said about options, and now since they come pre-wired and a reinforced roof, whomever wants air when we order our new 2020 they can do it and start fresh if they want it! this is great! I really feel great about the upcoming purchase, and it's not the $1500 savings, but the 19' layout is just so much better.....it is the 2 of us, and I do not think we need a 21' just to say it is 2 feet longer like my mom thinks! haha
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:46 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Or give ETI a call. They can give you contact info of owners in your area who are willing to show you their trailer.
Marry, I did, they gave me 1 phone number for the Canmore gentleman, and the # for the 21' fellow, I see others here in the forum are offering, 1 in brooks, I may need to take a circle journey to Brooks to make the final decision, there is nothing like seeing them in person before taking the plunge and commitment, and the rally is too far off, they said there is only 1 spot in the 19' and 21' for December delivery........))
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBill View Post
From a resale point of view, all options will go at a discount to what you paid for them. So I would get the options YOU want, rather than what some unknown possible buyer might want.

Now here in the SE USA, A/C is a must. But in your area, probably not.

One of the advantages of buying used is getting a discount on the options, assuming you wanted them. The trailers themselves hold their value tremendously well.

Sure, there will be some people that would not buy a trailer without A/C, but it really depends on your location.

Oven to me is a non-starter. It costs you money, you lose cupboard space, I would give a used trailer with one zero additional value.

Now the front box? That is a winner. Still not sure you would get every single dollar out of it.
very nice thoughts, thanks! Options like on a truck, they do not help you on resale except being given away for the most part and a quick sale!
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:51 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisiphone View Post
I have a 2017 21' in Brooks you are welcome to come see if you don't hear from the guy in Canmore.
Thanks so much, it is very much appreciated! I will let you all know if he does or not, it seems like a long time to return 1 phone call, but we do not know the circumstances..........
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax Guy View Post
I agree on the resale side, but is there a heat strip in your dometic factory air? and is it a Penguin? Low pro?

This is true.

Where I live, set aside resale, it is so cool at night.......no need for AC ever even in the heat of summer!
You don't by chance live in Spruce Cliff? I see an RPod parked in the back of a house near me.
__________________
Hugh
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 RPod
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
You don't by chance live in Spruce Cliff? I see an RPod parked in the back of a house near me.
Hugh afraid it is not me

but there are a few of these cookie cutter machines out there. I want to stand out now!

haha

why did you choose the 19' over the 21' bumper pull choices?
Duramax Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax Guy View Post
Hugh afraid it is not me

but there are a few of these cookie cutter machines out there. I want to stand out now!

haha

why did you choose the 19' over the 21' bumper pull choices?
I had a 17 for one season, but didn't like making the bed into the dinette every morning. (lazy I guess) I really like the layout of the 19. Also the 19 tows really well with my FJ Cruiser and WDH, I think it might have been stretched a bit towing the 21.
__________________

__________________
Hugh
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×