Well, now I did it................. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2022, 02:12 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Ford now offers a bewildering array of choices within a single truck model, .
So much so that I've often wondered "what the heck is that color." I hope that I'm never in a situation where I have to say what the car color was if it had been in an accident etc. And of course it's no longer blue, black, red etc. but contrived names that sometimes don't last very long. So the "blue" of a couple of years ago isn't necessarily "blue" in this years model.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:51 PM   #22

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
The idea of "any color ... so long as it’s black" was that variations were unnecessarily expensive, since the customer would buy it anyway if there were only one available colour. When the Model T was the only car that most people could afford, that was a sound business policy, and it was probably reasonably applicable to Escape trailer interiors. With more competition, a lack of choice is no longer viable. Ford now offers a bewildering array of choices within a single truck model, and Escape has five models... with a couple of interior colour options.
Not too nitpick too much - I hope - but for those new to Escape, there are now more than 4,000 possible combinations of standard options for cabinetry, fabric, flooring, Formica, and countertop trim (plus the color of exterior decals too). That doesn’t even cover the further customization that can be worked out with Escape for fabric, flooring, Formica, and the kitchen sink. Crazy to think about.
YakRV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:15 PM   #23

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
... for those new to Escape, there are now more than 4,000 possible combinations of standard options for cabinetry, fabric, flooring, Formica, and countertop trim (plus the color of exterior decals too). That doesn’t even cover the further customization that can be worked out with Escape for fabric, flooring, Formica, and the kitchen sink.
Good point - I was just thinking of the overall interior scheme, for which there was previously no choice.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:42 PM   #24

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Yeah, we finalized and signed off on our build sheet in December. Melissa said we were really easy - we put the deposit down in October of 2020 and stuck with our original GCD to give us lots of time to purchase a tow vehicle and identify everything we wanted in our 5.0.

It’s getting exciting getting closer to pickup time.
splitting_lanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Good point - I was just thinking of the overall interior scheme, for which there was previously no choice.
No worries. Having just come off completing and signing our build sheet last week, we’re still a little dizzy from all the choices we made - happily so. Even deciding on a model was a bit of an exercise for us (started with a 21NE then switched to the 21C).
Old 01-10-2022, 09:41 PM   #26

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
..... (started with a 21NE then switched to the 21C).
Same here. (21NE to 21C)

Black tank, counter space and storage (+ full height over double drawer stack) won out over the climb-over full queen. Was even going for the double dinette to utilize a bed up front to address climb over, but.........the 21NE dinette sure is roomy, if only it had a larger black tank.
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
Same here. (21NE to 21C)

Black tank, counter space and storage (+ full height over double drawer stack) won out over the climb-over full queen. Was even going for the double dinette to utilize a bed up front to address climb over, but.........the 21NE dinette sure is roomy, if only it had a larger black tank.
Yes, that’s why we switched too. There’s a lot to appreciate about both models but, like you, the larger tank size, extra counter space, and non-crawl over bed (as well as the bigger bathroom and the rear dinette) of the 21C won out over the huge dinette of the 21NE. We actually like the 5.0 fifth wheel model the most, but our plans to take two kayaks on a lot of our camping trips (one 12+ feet long and the other almost 14 feet long) meant we couldn’t do that.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:09 AM   #28

Trailer: 22' 17B
Should I have been contacted about completion date revisions? I had one for 3/23 for a 17b and have not heard anything. I recently read on the FB group someone that also had a 17b with a 3/23 completion date and that just signed off before the price increase, their completion date moved up from 3/23 to 10/22 and than again to 7/22. Preference for previous owners or what? What am I missing?
Sean2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:28 AM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean2a View Post
Should I have been contacted about completion date revisions? I had one for 3/23 for a 17b and have not heard anything. I recently read on the FB group someone that also had a 17b with a 3/23 completion date and that just signed off before the price increase, their completion date moved up from 3/23 to 10/22 and than again to 7/22. Preference for previous owners or what? What am I missing?
Is it possible you completely missed the emails ETI (may have) sent you? Perhaps they ended up in your spam folder. My understanding, if you don't respond that's like saying 'no thanks, I'll keep the original date.'
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:33 AM   #30

Ugh no! They probably did go in my spam folder! This would likely cost me thousands!
Old 02-22-2022, 09:24 AM   #31

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean2a View Post
Ugh no! They probably did go in my spam folder! This would likely cost me thousands!
Escape had my email address loaded in their system incorrectly so they never delivered to me. I would check with them to make sure.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:39 PM   #32

Seems like they had the right address and I just missed the email sent out in December about date revisions. However without asking, samuel was nice enough to check the other order I referenced and found it was placed 3 months before mine so they were eligible for a date revision that I wasn't. Not sure why we both had the same initial completion date given that I placed it 3 months later but I'll take his word for it. In essence all I missed was a survey and based on my order date I maybe wouldn't have been offered anything yet, as he said they are doing a mass date revision probably closer to summertime? Like they did last year. I asked if they were going to offer the same deal to move people up to 2022 but still make them pay 2023 prices and he said it hasn't been determined yet. Probably will depend on how fast costs rise. However, he also said they are likely going to start to be more strict about not letting people order too early even with date revisions and skirt paying price increases as it's not fair to those that dont make the cut. Well this is a hairy, complicated business, no way around it.