What new features would you like? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
What new features would you like?

In another post, Tammy posted there will be some new standard features on their 2017 trailers. I don't know if they'll apply to those on order (but not built) for 2016 or not. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

Anyway, that got me to thinking what *I* would like as standard features. I'm thinking of things they don't already offer, either on or off their list of options. Something brand new! I will state up front that I can be rather lazy if there's something that will make the work easier. Since I didn't win the recent Powerball and won't be able to afford bringing a butler and staff along on my trips, this is what I would like to make my traveling life easier.

1. Power automatic levelers

2. Power electric awning

3. A really good (ie: working!) door lock so I don't have to freak about taking the door off the hinges if it gets stuck!

The first two were on the motorhome I rented (which has been my only RV experience) and I have to tell ya, they were really nice. Heck if I know if they're practical on these trailers, though. The third is from the photo of the guy holding the door after he removed it from the hinges - that image is burned into my memory!

Yeah, I know some will roll their eyes and think "come on, get real", but hey, we can dream, right? Right! I'm sure I could come up with others once I start using our trailer, but that's it for now.

What else could others dream of?
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:38 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
A more durable two-step entry platform- similar to Oliver's would be nice.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
In another post, Tammy posted there will be some new standard features on their 2017 trailers. I don't know if they'll apply to those on order (but not built) for 2016 or not. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

Anyway, that got me to thinking what *I* would like as standard features. I'm thinking of things they don't already offer, either on or off their list of options. Something brand new! I will state up front that I can be rather lazy if there's something that will make the work easier. Since I didn't win the recent Powerball and won't be able to afford bringing a butler and staff along on my trips, this is what I would like to make my traveling life easier.

1. Power automatic levelers

2. Power electric awning

3. A really good (ie: working!) door lock so I don't have to freak about taking the door off the hinges if it gets stuck!

The first two were on the motorhome I rented (which has been my only RV experience) and I have to tell ya, they were really nice. Heck if I know if they're practical on these trailers, though. The third is from the photo of the guy holding the door after he removed it from the hinges - that image is burned into my memory!

Yeah, I know some will roll their eyes and think "come on, get real", but hey, we can dream, right? Right! I'm sure I could come up with others once I start using our trailer, but that's it for now.

What else could others dream of?
1 and 2 would add unnecessary weight to your trailer . You can get a adapter and use a drill for 1 . My brother has a class A with that powered awning and you really can't adjust it like the manual . He wishes his was the manual .As for the locks they are used and many RV 's .Escape adds and improves all the time . We almost bought the marine toilet holder for the bath and was pleasantly surprised Escape had it in the trailer . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
A redesign of the cabinet layout under the sink/stove counter, and in the wheel well area on the opposite side. There's a bunch of unused space in both locations and some forum members have made both minor and major mods to reclaim it.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
options on wall/cupboard colour

new kitchen sink

standard cupboard lifts on all (mini above 21 closet)

option/pre-wire for factory electric heater (21 bed area)

larger toilet option (not round bowl)

like Ross, the entry steps could be improved
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Standard options? And a price increase for all?
Old 01-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Camo graphics!
Old 01-16-2016, 12:50 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Standard options? And a price increase for all?
And the way the exchange rate is going, I can't see how there won't be a hefty price increase. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:57 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I could see camo graphics might appeal to some, even the stylized pink camo too.
I could see the practicality of the window under the rock guard being a slider like Glenn has. I like cross ventilation when I can get it.
Although an option now, a 12 volt outlet for use in the sleeping area for continuous pressure air machines made my life easier. The additional costs for custom tables and fillers could be avoided by BYOBB. Build your own bed boards. ( not to be confused with bring your own bottled beer)
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #10

I like being dry and warm. Everything else should be optional, in my opinion.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:03 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I would assume that certain options are ordered by the vast majority of Escape customers. If an option is purchased on 80 or 90% of units sold , it makes sense to make the option standard and simplify the ordering and manufacturing process . With the expansion of Escape's facilities and the hiring of new staff , it makes both economic and logistical sense. My casita came with the two way water heater , yet on the Escape it was an option.
Never made sense to me considering Escape's position in the fiberglass trailer industry.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
A barn style sliding door for the bathroom
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:40 PM   #13

For your amusement:

Listen 27:32 Promise Less, Profit More

Most products offer customers as many features and benefits as possible in order to lure shoppers toward a purchase. But then there are some companies that offer you less, and profit more. This week, we'll explore companies that became successful by specializing their brand.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:59 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
I wished I would have thought of slightly above floor level night lights that were flush mounted.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
If an option is purchased on 80 or 90% of units sold , it makes sense to make the option standard and simplify the ordering and manufacturing process .
The only problem with that is 10-20% of buyers would end up with features that they may not want, things like a/c. I like a la carte ordering and paying only for what you want.

Sliding bathroom door: works in marine situations and would get away from it stiking out into the passage way.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:19 PM   #16

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
I'd be (very) happy if Escape continued to offer the same unparalleled customizing opportunities after their expansion.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:36 PM   #17

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
I really did not like the two-way water heater on our Casita, so jumped at the chance to buy a propane-only unit on the 19 foot Escape that we are scheduled to pick up Feb. 2.
Bob-o
Bend, Or
2008 Toyota Sequoia
19 ft Escape
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:44 PM   #18

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
A better fridge if there is such, and a 2 step pull out. How about an option for a better grade paint job for the frame and such. Mine gets chipped and rusts in no time, guess it's road stone or something along those lines.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:49 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
This would be a mold change not viable as an option.
1) A new entry door - which seals properly no matter what the outside temperature is. (And is wider to accommodate #2.)

These could be options.
2) A fridge which works in the southwest US in the summer.
3) An opening front window.
4) Barn style - sliding - bath room door.
5) Reworked cabinets around the wheel wells - a la Ron-in-BC and others.
6) Emergency egress rear window. (To allow opening for ventilation AND good sealing while traveling.)
7) Awning style windows - to allow use in the rain.

This is easy to add so not a big deal either way
8) Stove igniter.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:50 PM   #20

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
The only problem with that is 10-20% of buyers would end up with features that they may not want, things like a/c. I like a la carte ordering and paying only for what you want.

Sliding bathroom door: works in marine situations and would get away from it stiking out into the passage way.

Ron
Ala carte ordering to please the 10% has a cost . I just purchased a new vehicle and everything was either standard or part of a package , very little was an individual option. I am surprized that
Escape does not offer a solar option package ( solar panel - 2 6 volt batteries and inverter ) at a reduced price over buying the options individually similar to what the auto industry does.
Try and buy a new vehicle without A/C . Standardization often leads to fewer choices but also to reduced costs and mistakes .IMHO.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote