Windows, Windows? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #41
CJW

Trailer: 2021 21C
we do not have the window since we have never had a window above our bed in our home. We also have the full stack cabinet so the only window we have by the bed is the large side window, which lets in lots of light!
CJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:30 AM   #42

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW View Post
we do not have the window since we have never had a window above our bed in our home. We also have the full stack cabinet so the only window we have by the bed is the large side window, which lets in lots of light!
Thank you for adding your experience. We’re working through our build sheet now. We have a meeting with Melisa (who is awesome to work with btw) tomorrow to go over our initial inputs. We switched from our original plan of a 21NE to a 21C, and decided not to do the front window too. We’re going back and forth on the window over the 2-drawer stack. We’re inclined to do without it, but worried that there wouldn’t be enough light. Good to hear that for you there’s plenty of light without it.

On a side note, we’re looking at adding the full stack cabinet too, but worried that it might make the bed area feel too closed off. Are you happy with it? Thanks.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:35 AM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Thank you for adding your experience. We’re working through our build sheet now. We have a meeting with Melisa (who is awesome to work with btw) tomorrow to go over our initial inputs. We switched from our original plan of a 21NE to a 21C, and decided not to do the front window too. We’re going back and forth on the window over the 2-drawer stack. We’re inclined to do without it, but worried that there wouldn’t be enough light. Good to hear that for you there’s plenty of light without it.

On a side note, we’re looking at adding the full stack cabinet too, but worried that it might make the bed area feel too closed off. Are you happy with it? Thanks.
I have no problem feeling confined by the cabinet above the drawer stack. That said, there is just one of me.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:59 AM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
We’re going back and forth on the window over the 2-drawer stack. We’re inclined to do without it, but worried that there wouldn’t be enough light. Good to hear that for you there’s plenty of light without it.

The side window by the bed is quite large. Additional light in the area is provided by the door window and the Maxxfan. I do have the front window but when the rock guard is down there's still lot's of light provided by the other windows. I can't really see the need for another smaller window further back from the front wall.

The full stack may be nice for some folks but not for us. We have our TV mounted there and it would be hard to find another location where we could view it both from the bed and also the dinette.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:10 AM   #45
CJW

We love our full stack cabinet - we did have the drop down shelf added to the cabinet so that gives us a spot to put our clock, charging cables, etc. My husband has a degree in Architecture and we owned a design-build company for 30 years so we put a lot of "design experience" into our build. We will start full-timing Jan 2nd and we needed as much storage space as possible. This is what we did to the stack cabinet. We left just a little bit of closet rod (which we had Escape move to this cabinet) to hang a shirt or 2. BTW we made the "wardrobe" which is next to frig, a pantry and installed soft close pull-out drawers.
Attached Thumbnails
20211120_153854a.jpg   20211114_155311a.jpg  
Old 12-02-2021, 03:13 PM   #46

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Worth mentioning that I just went back and forth with Escape about deleting windows and they said under no circumstances will they delete windows including the front single pane window.

Frankly I find it bullshit but it is what it is.
Crazypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:42 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypill View Post
Worth mentioning that I just went back and forth with Escape about deleting windows and they said under no circumstances will they delete windows including the front single pane window.

Frankly I find it bullshit but it is what it is.
Considering the number of 21s that don't have a front window I'm wondering when and with whom this conversation took place.

Ron
Old 12-02-2021, 03:49 PM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Considering the number of 21s that don't have a front window I'm wondering when and with who this conversation took place.

Ron
Perhaps it's about the 21 NE and not the 21 C??
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:50 PM   #49

Quote:
Considering the number of 21s that don't have a front window I'm wondering when and with who this conversation took place.

Ron
This week, with Linda and Karl, and "straight from the top". Unsure of the corporate structure at ETI, so I'm not sure who that would be.

I emailed with Linda this very day and let her know there are several people on the forums here with window deletions and the reply verbatim:

"You are absolutely correct on that. It was definitely something we were able to do in the past but unfortunately, as a manufacturer, they have to make hard calls on certain custom requests in order to stream line the production process"

The justification I provided was that in the manufacturing process per their How It's Made video, the windows aren't cut until after molding, with a stencil. All they'd have to do is not cut the windows, but no-go. It was a pretty important wishlist item for us (light sensitivity) and a major factor in our decision to go with the manufacturer that offered the most customization.

We're still in for the 21NE with a build sheet confirmation signed today.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:16 PM   #50

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I like to be able to look out in all directions and would get a window if possible.
However this was not an option for our last trailer so I installed a larger peep hole that one would usually find in your front door.
Attached Thumbnails
7F9A8444-33F5-4224-9EE1-77612AC4E514.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:24 PM   #51
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I like to be able to look out in all directions and would get a window if possible.
However this was not an option for our last trailer so I installed a larger peep hole that one would usually find in your front door.
Now that is brilliant, Eggscape!!

We like a view in all 4 directions, too. We were eyeing the E19 until we discovered that the 21C came with an optional front window. Bingo! Love our front window and use it a LOT. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:44 PM   #52

Trailer: ‘22 21C
Thanks everyone for your reply’s, after much debate we’ve decided to go with the window in front. What I realized in our Casita was it seemed soo much bigger inside when all the blinds were up, that and having a view of the front.
That was the last item, fixing to sign off on the build sheet to night!
Thanks again for all of you that take the time to post, this forum has been invaluable in helping us make decisions, especially since there are so many options to choose from.
LtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 07:00 PM   #53

Quote:

We're still in for the 21NE with a build sheet confirmation signed today.

So we're talking about a 21NE, not a 21C so the choice of window or no window still exists for 21Cs which is what the thread is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDan View Post
Thanks everyone for your reply’s, after much debate we’ve decided to go with the window in front.
From my view, , a good decision. You can always put reflectix over it and see how you like the loss of light and view. It's one of those things that's difficult to add later.

I'm betting that at some point you'll be sitting in the dinette looking forward at the view out the front window and think "I'm glad we got the front window."

Ron
Old 12-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #54

Quote:
So we're talking about a 21NE, not a 21C so the choice of window or no window still exists for 21Cs which is what the thread is about.

Ron
See attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 12.38.10 PM.png  
Old 12-03-2021, 03:34 PM   #55

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Quote:
See attachment.
I think the window deletion pertains to standard window locations. The front window with rock shield is listed as an option on the Escape web site on a 21C.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:37 PM   #56
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
I believe what Linda is trying to say, is that they will no longer 'delete stock windows' on any of the 'standard' window locations on any of their units.

In other words, I think you can only add 'optional' windows if desired to:

17A - a window in kitchen
17B - a window in bathroom and kitchen
19 - a window in bathroom and kitchen
21C - a window in bathroom and above drawer stack and front window with rock guard
21NE - a window in bathroom
5.0 - a window in bathroom

The front window with rock guard is only an option for the 21C. Hope this helps. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:28 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
I think the window deletion pertains to standard window locations. The front window with rock shield is listed as an option on the Escape web site on a 21C.

David
Bingo. We’re in the middle of working through the build sheet of our 21C with Escape, and we’re not getting the front window. That window is an option. The current pricing to ADD the front window with rock guard on the 21C is $330 usd.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW View Post
We love our full stack cabinet - we did have the drop down shelf added to the cabinet so that gives us a spot to put our clock, charging cables, etc. My husband has a degree in Architecture and we owned a design-build company for 30 years so we put a lot of "design experience" into our build. We will start full-timing Jan 2nd and we needed as much storage space as possible. This is what we did to the stack cabinet. We left just a little bit of closet rod (which we had Escape move to this cabinet) to hang a shirt or 2. BTW we made the "wardrobe" which is next to frig, a pantry and installed soft close pull-out drawers.
Sorry for not responding sooner. We were poring over our build sheet for a meeting with Escape today (Melisa was great, as always). Wow, 30 years of design experience, sounds like you guys know what you’re doing! Thank you again for sharing with us, and good wishes to you on your full-timing adventure!
Old 12-07-2021, 01:35 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
I believe what Linda is trying to say, is that they will no longer 'delete stock windows' on any of the 'standard' window locations on any of their units.

In other words, I think you can only add 'optional' windows if desired to:

17A - a window in kitchen
17B - a window in bathroom and kitchen
19 - a window in bathroom and kitchen
21C - a window in bathroom and above drawer stack and front window with rock guard
21NE - a window in bathroom
5.0 - a window in bathroom

The front window with rock guard is only an option for the 21C. Hope this helps. -Bea
Indeed, I followed up with Escape and this is the case. No stock window deletions, but 21C front window remains an option. Apologies for the confusion!
Old 12-07-2021, 03:41 PM   #60
CJW

We do not feel cramped in AT ALL!!!