Camp Chairs - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #21

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I’ve seen those but never thought about getting one. I could weld a little bracket further down to hold my fishing pole up out of the dirt too, for when I’m operating solo.
And then you could tie the fishing line to your toe so you would wake up if you got a bite.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #22

Trailer: looking
I love this! So many relevant and helpful answers. We are some longer trips to Silverton, Colorado next year and realized that our old lawn chairs weren't going to cut it. Thank you!
Delb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I tested out a bunch of chairs at various stores and settled on this one and have been quite happy with it. I also use it when vending at craft shows as they usually give you crappy chairs to sit in all day long. I like how I can fold up the arms, which is needed at times. Originally I got one, but Dirk liked it so much we got one for him too. Ours are tan. I also got the little table that's shown as something else you might be interested in.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...7.uts?slotId=0

Also got this foot rest (in blue):

https://www.campingworld.com/mac-spo...-charcoal-gray
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I can’t get out of the mesh low slung camping chairs so we switched to these and have been pleased with them
https://www.coleman.com/aluminum-dec...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
We’re still searching for the perfect lounge chair situation for later on the road, so am really enjoying this thread and checking out all the suggestions. I’ve always heard the Lafumas set the standard, but wow they are expensive.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #25

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I can’t get out of the mesh low slung camping chairs....
Same here.

Our problem with chairs is that I have a left handed wife living in a right handed world.

This chair is the best I could find for her. The top, although attached to the right side, swings around to the center so she can sort of use it when we eat outdoors.

https://www.coleman.com/aluminum-dec...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post

For the past 7+ years we have been sitting in Lafuma Low Elips Camping Armchairs, lower to the ground, great lumbar support, reclining, and quality built. If/when they fall apart we'll purchase them again.

We quickly wipe them and store on our bed.

Enjoy,

Perry
Have been looking for replacements for our Tommy Bahama chairs that have gotten worn out after 10+ years. These were not easy(at least for me) to find however. Did finally find them at islandbeachgear.com and got some great help from Yvonne there who owns two of them herself. $99/ea. with free shipping.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
We have 4 of these and they have held up well.

https://www.kijaro.com/product-page/dual-lock-chair
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
I'm looking for comfortable camp chairs too and I have bought many of them shown above or their clones. Still looking. Most chairs are built too low for me … second complaint - arm rests aren't sturdy enough …. third criteria = they don't fold up small enough for storage during travel and finally too heavy to carry home after a really good camp feed at my neighbors.

What's a guy to do?

Tom
Old 12-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I've had the seat fabric rip open on two of my camp chairs. The Costco one I really liked because the frame is so sturdy. Tried sewing a long patch across the seat but because it must be tediously done by hand I quit half-way through, and there it sits. My best guess is the rip was not caused by my 250 pounds of dead weight, but more likely because the fabric they used was old stock. Or, maybe the sun baked it?
Old 12-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #30

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
GCI Express Director's Chairs

We have owned 4 of these chairs for at least close to 15 years and they are great. Fold up very compactly (about the size of a laptop case, the video says), they are comfortable, sit high enough that exit is not a problem and are easy to carry when folded. The only knock, if there is one, is that since the frame is steel, they are somewhat heavy. Recommended. https://www.gcioutdoor.com/directors...rectors-chair/
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:00 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
We love our GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rockers too! They also come in three heights from a low beach chair to a regular height chair, and one in the middle which is what we have. The only problem with them is that if you get up to get something the chair is occupied by someone when you get back. A bit bulky but they travel in the back of our truck.

One thing I always look for in any chair is bars that run along the ground (usually two) that form what sits on the ground. This as opposed to four legs. I find that having four legs causes me to sink into soft ground, usually not at an even rate, where the bar support types work great on regular ground, or on the beach or other soft ground.
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
My favorite chair is a wooden director chair that I have worn out/replaced the fabric a couple of times, stored, good back support and fits thru the hatch.
Attached Thumbnails
614W4Nt4w7L._SL1500_.jpg  
Old 12-17-2018, 05:03 PM   #33

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I have and like the gci chair...it is easy to get out of. I discovered that if you are near dirt or sand eventually the deployment mechanism gets gummed up, as well as, like you said, it's heavy. it does store very easily.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:46 PM   #34
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
We have two favorite camp chair types. first is the upright chair by Mac Sports (formerly Maccabee), which apparently they don't offer anymore?? this is a very sturdy chair that puts you at the right height to sit at a folding buffet table or whatever.
http://cloudfly.us/wp-content/upload...ing-chairs.jpg

second is a rather expensive very light folding chair by Lafuma Moblier, these are very comfortable for lounging for hours, we use them at music festivals and such.
folding camping chair alu low océan | Lafuma Mobilier

both these chairs are very sturdy for plus sized folks, I think they are rated for 250 or 300 lbs.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Yeah, the Lafuma is what Perry posted and we ordered. Seems high quality & sits a little higher than a Tommy Bahama backpack beach chair - yet not upright like so many others seen here. As usual YMMV.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #36

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenk View Post
That rocker looks fabulous. We've always had the gravity style chairs, great for taking naps outside. But that rocker sure does look intriguing.
Can't wait for other suggestions here, because we're actually in the market for replacements due to our current ones falling apart at the seams.
Are all zero gravity chairs the same? What accounts for the big variation in price?
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:44 AM   #37
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
wide range of quality of construction, seating materials, etc. teh cheap ones have really cheap plastic joints. they are all darn heavy, tho.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #38

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Best camp chairs

Hi ! We were introduced to Strongback chairs by Steve and Debbie on our first trip with our 19 . We’ve never found any other chair to come close to these chairs for comfort, lumbar support, and for encouraging a good posture. ( pair them with some fold-up ottomans from Camping World, and it’s very relaxing ! )
The company stands by its product ( much like ETI ), as we had an issue with one rivet breaking on part of a leg, and they sent a new chair out to replace it, and said to keep the old one - which was repairable. Google them and I think you won’t be disappointed .
denjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #39

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
https://www.gcioutdoor.com/tailgate-...rectors-chair/

we love 'em. very compact is the key here. a little TLC keeps 'em smooth working.

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #40

Trailer: 2000 Casita
We love our Strongback chairs they have a great lumbar support. Amazon has them for about $80.00 Well worth the price.
Iowan is offline   Reply With Quote