Evacuating - Parking/camping spot in Western Oregon ? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2020, 12:16 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
My wife and I took a day-long trip in NW Montana 3 weekends ago to get out of the house to see some scenery and check out camping possibilities. We went from Fortine, MT to Yaak, MT to Libby, MT and then took the Flathead Tunnel (Portal) road back to Fortine along the Fisher River. All 5 USFS CGs we checked were full. Some only had one or 2 sites but were full. Dispersed camping takes place on the Portal Road and every possible site we saw was occupied. I even heard the USFS is moving people along that have exceeded the 14 day stay limit in very remote areas. One group was camping out of a rented UHaul trailer.

https://goo.gl/maps/5YPSVhxzyWQQ8sNM8

We have decided to stay at home until this country settles down. Perhaps after the election. Here's for cooler, wetter weather in PRCA. I hate stinky smoke.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
there are some nice josephine county campgrounds in the grants pass area. indian mary and schroeder are on the rogue river and have hookups. i have stayed at both. schroeder is just on the north edge of grants pass and indian mary is west of the small town of merlin (just outside grants pass). it'll be warm but there is lots of shade and of course the river. i have also stayed at almeda bar, also on the river further past indian mary, but no hookups there.

on edit you may also try the gold beach area at the coast, where the rogue meets the ocean. that area has been pretty depressed but iirc there are a lot of private campgrounds there. don't pull a trailer over the one lane road from grants pass to agnes.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:52 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
FYI, I'm back home now from our little adventure. Stayed in Hollister, McKinleyville (Humboldt coast), and Reno.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #24

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Where in McKinleyville? My daughter lives there but I usually just park at her house.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:27 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
FYI, I'm back home now from our little adventure. Stayed in Hollister, McKinleyville (Humboldt coast), and Reno.

That's good news to hear, John.
We haven't heard from our friends in Boulder Creek, but we're hoping and assuming that no news is good news. I checked the CalFire map, and their home (with an old redwood literally 6" beside their south wall) is outside the CZU-Lightning Red Area by about 50 feet.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Where in McKinleyville? My daughter lives there but I usually just park at her house.

We Street glamped outside the house of a friend of our sons, who lives on Cliff, right near the mad River bluffs Park, which was a lovely place to walk our dog everyday
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:48 PM   #27

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Nice. Where my daughter is isn't too far from nice dog walking area, also. But I'm always on the lookout for other options especially if or when she moves.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:05 PM   #28

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Glad you're back safe and sound, and hopefully much fresher air.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #29

Trailer: 2005 Rockwood 8240ss
Camping spot

Try Harts rv in Pacific city Oregon. I just left there and they had spots open.
FFPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:47 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Glad you all are safe John
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote