Hospitals- not what they used to be - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2020, 07:53 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I am pretty sure you will get a survey from the hospItal regarding your care, food, etc. You’ll have plenty to tell them.
Yes, I looked for a survey today, none yet.
I did think I was done with this thread, but I forgot something. A few days prior to discharge I complained to someone about the noisy partying in the hall overnight. It got back to the nurse manager who paid us a visit. She was not the least defensive and said she would take care of it. She did. And then she asked if we had anything else. So, note time for her, no rush to leave. When we got back to the food discussion it was no surprise. She said they used to be proud of their food, but since the hospital was sold to a larger system it all went downhill. Low bidder on the food I'm sure. The gal left us with her phone# in case we thought of anything else. Did really show genuine interest in what we had to say.
Tom&Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:58 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Susan suffers from Vertigo. Had the cat-scan to rule out cancer. Neurologist referred her to a Physical therapist that specializes in vestibular migraine. Has helped and does have some over the counter meds. Last time it kicked in we were camping at Horton Creek near Bishop and she had to focus all day on an orange logo on a bread loaf bag to keep from spinning out
Old 10-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #43

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Susan suffers from Vertigo. Had the cat-scan to rule out cancer. Neurologist referred her to a Physical therapist that specializes in vestibular migraine. Has helped and does have some over the counter meds. Last time it kicked in we were camping at Horton Creek near Bishop and she had to focus all day on an orange logo on a bread loaf bag to keep from spinning out
Wow Ross ! Good for you guys not afraid to live ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:44 PM   #44

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Even within one hospital you can experience a difference in caregiving. When I had my heart issues four years ago I was in the general cardiac unit for a week while they stabilized me to ready for open heart surgery.There were plenty of issues, including one nurse who could not understand I needed to be on oxygen constantly and sent me for a test without it.

Post operative care in a newer separate building dedicated to cardiac care was excellent. I spent over two weeks there since they had a operate a second time. Even the food was reasonable
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:17 PM   #45

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I lost 40 lbs while in the hospital this summer, my weight is now perfect, no more high blood pressure pills, in fact I'm medicine free.........at least before I start chemo next week.........
All the best, Jim!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Even within one hospital you can experience a difference in caregiving. When I had my heart issues four years ago I was in the general cardiac unit for a week while they stabilized me to ready for open heart surgery.There were plenty of issues, including one nurse who could not understand I needed to be on oxygen constantly and sent me for a test without it.

Post operative care in a newer separate building dedicated to cardiac care was excellent. I spent over two weeks there since they had a operate a second time. Even the food was reasonable
I was in a cardiac care unit around 8 years ago, the care was outstanding. It was a fairly minor procedure, but an artery was nicked in the process and I flatlined twice. The nurse that saved me both times was nearby. The second time I was gone almost 5 minutes. I will visit her again soon and show her one of the Bronze medals I got in Senior Olympics and express my gratitude.

Tom
Old 10-19-2020, 08:58 PM   #47

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
I was in a cardiac care unit around 8 years ago, the care was outstanding. It was a fairly minor procedure, but an artery was nicked in the process and I flatlined twice. The nurse that saved me both times was nearby. The second time I was gone almost 5 minutes. I will visit her again soon and show her one of the Bronze medals I got in Senior Olympics and express my gratitude.

Tom
First time I’ve ever seen an accidental near-killing of a patient characterized as “outstanding” care, but I admire your positivity.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:58 PM   #48

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
First time I’ve ever seen an accidental near-killing of a patient characterized as “outstanding” care, but I admire your positivity.

Suggest you pick up a copy of "Health Care for Idiots".

Should be easy to do it yourself.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:55 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post

Tom
This is exactly what happened to me this summer when I had the "Whipple" procedure, I was out close to 8 minutes before coming back, so far no impact on my memory.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:58 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Mike, I did have to laugh at your response. The care I was referring to was mainly about the quality of nursing care. I fired the doctor, did not like his attitude, especially the statement " We did not do anything wrong". He never said what caused my heart to stop.

Tom
Old 10-20-2020, 08:06 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
This is exactly what happened to me this summer when I had the "Whipple" procedure, I was out close to 8 minutes before coming back, so far no impact on my memory.
Wow, 8 minutes is along time. I am told I am a little "different". A bit of personality change I guess. Not sure about memory loss, I don't remember! I am lucky to have a wife who is a lot of help to me and stands by me no matter what. One of life's sweet mysteries...