Hospitals- not what they used to be - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-16-2020, 07:53 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I am pretty sure you will get a survey from the hospItal regarding your care, food, etc. You’ll have plenty to tell them.
Yes, I looked for a survey today, none yet.
I did think I was done with this thread, but I forgot something. A few days prior to discharge I complained to someone about the noisy partying in the hall overnight. It got back to the nurse manager who paid us a visit. She was not the least defensive and said she would take care of it. She did. And then she asked if we had anything else. So, note time for her, no rush to leave. When we got back to the food discussion it was no surprise. She said they used to be proud of their food, but since the hospital was sold to a larger system it all went downhill. Low bidder on the food I'm sure. The gal left us with her phone# in case we thought of anything else. Did really show genuine interest in what we had to say.
__________________

Tom&Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:58 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SLO County, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2019 Expedition
Posts: 3,953
Susan suffers from Vertigo. Had the cat-scan to rule out cancer. Neurologist referred her to a Physical therapist that specializes in vestibular migraine. Has helped and does have some over the counter meds. Last time it kicked in we were camping at Horton Creek near Bishop and she had to focus all day on an orange logo on a bread loaf bag to keep from spinning out
__________________

__________________
"We gotta get as far away as we can!"
- Russell Casse, Independence Day
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 6,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Susan suffers from Vertigo. Had the cat-scan to rule out cancer. Neurologist referred her to a Physical therapist that specializes in vestibular migraine. Has helped and does have some over the counter meds. Last time it kicked in we were camping at Horton Creek near Bishop and she had to focus all day on an orange logo on a bread loaf bag to keep from spinning out
Wow Ross ! Good for you guys not afraid to live ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:44 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
emers382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Emerson, Manitoba
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Posts: 1,457
Even within one hospital you can experience a difference in caregiving. When I had my heart issues four years ago I was in the general cardiac unit for a week while they stabilized me to ready for open heart surgery.There were plenty of issues, including one nurse who could not understand I needed to be on oxygen constantly and sent me for a test without it.

Post operative care in a newer separate building dedicated to cardiac care was excellent. I spent over two weeks there since they had a operate a second time. Even the food was reasonable
__________________
Adrian (and Beth)
We are all travellers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
Robert Louis Stevenson
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:17 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: Plan: 2021 May - E5.0
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I lost 40 lbs while in the hospital this summer, my weight is now perfect, no more high blood pressure pills, in fact I'm medicine free.........at least before I start chemo next week.........
All the best, Jim!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Even within one hospital you can experience a difference in caregiving. When I had my heart issues four years ago I was in the general cardiac unit for a week while they stabilized me to ready for open heart surgery.There were plenty of issues, including one nurse who could not understand I needed to be on oxygen constantly and sent me for a test without it.

Post operative care in a newer separate building dedicated to cardiac care was excellent. I spent over two weeks there since they had a operate a second time. Even the food was reasonable
I was in a cardiac care unit around 8 years ago, the care was outstanding. It was a fairly minor procedure, but an artery was nicked in the process and I flatlined twice. The nurse that saved me both times was nearby. The second time I was gone almost 5 minutes. I will visit her again soon and show her one of the Bronze medals I got in Senior Olympics and express my gratitude.

Tom
Tom&Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:58 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Trailer: 2013 Li'l Hauley
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
I was in a cardiac care unit around 8 years ago, the care was outstanding. It was a fairly minor procedure, but an artery was nicked in the process and I flatlined twice. The nurse that saved me both times was nearby. The second time I was gone almost 5 minutes. I will visit her again soon and show her one of the Bronze medals I got in Senior Olympics and express my gratitude.

Tom
First time I’ve ever seen an accidental near-killing of a patient characterized as “outstanding” care, but I admire your positivity.
__________________
Losing weight puts one at much greater risk of becoming thin.
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:58 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 15,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
First time I’ve ever seen an accidental near-killing of a patient characterized as “outstanding” care, but I admire your positivity.

Suggest you pick up a copy of "Health Care for Idiots".

Should be easy to do it yourself.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:55 AM   #49
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 23,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
I was in a cardiac care unit around 8 years ago, the care was outstanding. It was a fairly minor procedure, but an artery was nicked in the process and I flatlined twice. The nurse that saved me both times was nearby. The second time I was gone almost 5 minutes. I will visit her again soon and show her one of the Bronze medals I got in Senior Olympics and express my gratitude.

Tom
This is exactly what happened to me this summer when I had the "Whipple" procedure, I was out close to 8 minutes before coming back, so far no impact on my memory.
__________________
Jim
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals....
Goethe
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:58 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
First time I’ve ever seen an accidental near-killing of a patient characterized as “outstanding” care, but I admire your positivity.
Mike, I did have to laugh at your response. The care I was referring to was mainly about the quality of nursing care. I fired the doctor, did not like his attitude, especially the statement " We did not do anything wrong". He never said what caused my heart to stop.

Tom
Tom&Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:06 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
This is exactly what happened to me this summer when I had the "Whipple" procedure, I was out close to 8 minutes before coming back, so far no impact on my memory.
Wow, 8 minutes is along time. I am told I am a little "different". A bit of personality change I guess. Not sure about memory loss, I don't remember! I am lucky to have a wife who is a lot of help to me and stands by me no matter what. One of life's sweet mysteries...
__________________

Tom&Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×