Hot! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I dunno. I suppose it's "easier" for warm weather folks to adapt to cold weather than it is for cold weather folks to adapt to heat. In my case, I grew up in the snow and ice. Never thought I could live, or would want to live in a climate like my current one. It did take about 3 years before I was really comfortable. At first I was doing things like taking 3 showers a day because of the sticky feeling. Eventually I just stopped fighting it and sort of "melted in".

We do adapt, either way. Humans are amazing creatures.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Expecting to push 100°F here today. Just thinking of Ron gazing out the back window of his trailer up in Newf-land, at a horizon of sea filled with icebergs.
Yep, but it's a dry heat (blast furnace)! I spent Saturday afternoon south of Santa Fe (near Cerrillos), and it was an uncomfortable 100F (with no AC), to be sure. However the mornings were a lovely 60F and the evenings were fine... Yesterday's high was only 85F and today, as we drive across west Texas, it is so far only mid-80s this afternoon. Hoping the weekend was the ebb before the cool down, albeit it a mild one
Old 06-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #43

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Being an electrician I worked both inside and outdoors. I worked outdoors in temps from 50 below zero ( Minnesota's Iron Range ) to 100 deg above zero
I could adapt to working outdoors at 50 below temps but I never could acclimate myself to working in 90 to 100 degree temps.
I have spent time in Texas , Tennessee and Florida and found the heat unbearable. I would get headaches , dizzy , sick to my stomach and didn't even want to look at food.
Everyone's comfort level is different and there is no sense in being miserable .
My hat is off to those who can live in the Southern US but for me Canada has the ideal climate .
Having to stay indoors 24 hours a day with the A/C on full blast is not my idea of living
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:04 PM   #44

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Even in the low 90s, we can sit in the shade with drinks and it is very nice. Wonderful weather in the 80s. Not working in the heat. Any work is done morning or night or in the air conditioning if it is too hot. But much of the year, it is cooler and just fine. There is a pool close by if we want it and a little gem of a lake, and beaches, camping and marinas at a huge Army Corps lake a few miles away.

Of course, many millions of people go south and I am pretty certain that they find adjusting to the heat not a problem!! That's why they went. . Most of them just leave when it is too hot. They have trailers, too! Some of them are Canadians! The key might be not to go if it is for work.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:14 PM   #45

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Even in the low 90s, we can sit in the shade with drinks and it is very nice. Wonderful weather in the 80s. Not working in the heat. Any work is done morning or night or in the air conditioning if it is too hot. But much of the year, it is cooler and just fine. There is a pool close by if we want it and a little gem of a lake, and beaches, camping and marinas at a huge Army Corps lake a few miles away.

Of course, many millions of people go south and I am pretty certain that they find adjusting to the heat not a problem!! That's why they went. . Most of them just leave when it is too hot. They have trailers, too! Some of them are Canadians! The key might be not to go if it is for work.
Hey Cathy born in Rochester , New York . Family moved to the West Coast , it is all I am used too. Have a pool and maybe should go in it now . Went to beach couple weeks ago . In winter meet Canadians every where here in So . Cal . I think where ever you live you get use to the climate . Great we can go and try out different ones . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #46

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hey Cathy born in Rochester , New York . Family moved to the West Coast , it is all I am used too. Have a pool and maybe should go in it now . Went to beach couple weeks ago . In winter meet Canadians every where here in So . Cal . I think where ever you live you get use to the climate . Great we can go and try out different ones . Pat
Nice you have a pool! . We have been to those great Southern California beaches though. Have to go back!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #47

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Anything even close to, let alone over, 30°C (88°F) most definitely requires a beach and a mojito.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Anything even close to, let alone over, 30°C (88°F) most definitely requires a beach and a mojito.
And we have both my friend. Come down to the gulf coast say around April. Highs near 80, ocean breeze, and Mojitos. Or do as the natives with a fresh Margarita.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #49

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
It’s a hundred and two and sunny outside right now. Not so hot like some of you other guys but a good day to be testing the Dometic 11,000 btu Penguin II. Will close all windows, rev it up, wake up them long unused AC components. This will be the first time I’ve turned it on since Arizona last summer.

The trailer sits under the canopy in the yard, in the shade, AC is on shore power. Beginning temp in the trailer was 89 degrees F. at the start.

AC running now for about two hours. Since it’s also Josie’s other crate this would also be a good test to see if she gets spooked by the ceiling noise. Ceiling fans do spook her.

Visualize this sound: F-r-r-r-oo-oo-oo-00-oo-oo-oo-m-m-m-m-mm …mimicking the softly vibrating moan, very low, but very loud, of cold air pushing into the cabin (…an F4 on takeoff.)

Combine that with: R-R-R-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-- - - - (….higher pitch of the AC fan running at lowest speed.)

The first sound cycles on and off at long intervals, the second sound just runs and runs. Josie asleep, wakes up when I enter the trailer, looks at me but doesn’t lift her head. Two hours later and it’s currently at 81°F in there. I count the experiment a success. We can do this, but me, sleep?
Old 06-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #50

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Nice you have a pool! . We have been to those great Southern California beaches though. Have to go back!
Yup . There isn't water or a pool I don't like . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #51

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
YES! Perfect for 100 degree weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
And we have both my friend. Come down to the gulf coast say around April. Highs near 80, ocean breeze, and Mojitos. Or do as the natives with a fresh Margarita.

hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post

While I do prefer a mojito, I would never turn down a margarita either. On the rocks is my preference, but not real picky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post

Visualize this sound: F-r-r-r-oo-oo-oo-00-oo-oo-oo-m-m-m-m-mm …mimicking the softly vibrating moan, very low, but very loud, of cold air pushing into the cabin (…an F4 on takeoff.)

Combine that with: R-R-R-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-- - - - (….higher pitch of the AC fan running at lowest speed.)
I am assuming this post was made after happy hour. LOL
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #53
Site Team

120 in Phoenix today, 108 in Moab Utah.

Stay cool western friends.