lack of quality in Elkhart - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2022, 06:38 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
https://www.rvtravel.com/indianapoli...manufacturers/

We can't complain about ETI being slow to produce trailers. Take your time, fellas, and do your best....
“Companies owned by Thor Industries recalled more than 156,000 RVs this year alone, while Forest River—a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway—recalled nearly 200,000, and Winnebago Industries recalled more than 125,000.”

Unreal.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:43 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Mike G... Lack of quality is the new corrosion seeping into all aspects of manufacturing.
We're in the midst of replacing our 50 yr. old Maytag washer. I bet the new one won't last that long but at my age does it really matter? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Speed Queen is the new Maytag.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:48 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
An rv queen is 5 inches shorter than a queen.
The Escape 21's queen is actually a Full XL, which is the length of a queen but 6" narrower. We use full xl mattress cover and fitted sheets, with a queen comforter in a duvet cover, no top sheet. This setup works great for us.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:54 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Mayjag is now whirlpool. If you have a dirty whirlpool
You can put it in my Speed Queen and we can wash it up.
And it will run on a Honda 2200i. There was a time those maytags were pretty good but we have had speed queens for 52 years. Even though the Maytag’s were made in Newton Iowa.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-31-2022, 07:59 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Speed Queen is the new Maytag.
Hi: John in Santa Cruz... Here in Canada we can't use the name "Speed Queen". Here it's called a "Huebsch". Some legal mumbo jumbo Eh? We did buy a new Commercial Maytag/by Whirlpool. IMHO it's a better agitator and lord knows in Canada we need better agitators, Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 08:20 AM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Mayjag is now whirlpool. If you have a dirty whirlpool
You can put it in my Speed Queen and we can wash it up.
And it will run on a Honda 2200i. There was a time those maytags were pretty good but we have had speed queens for 52 years. Even though the Maytag’s were made in Newton Iowa.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... May was 51 when she passed. If you believe in reincarnation she may come back as several new cars, Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:25 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
What you didn't mention is how much they weigh. That applies to the tandem axle versions of Bigfoot (7500 GVWR) and Airstream (minimum of 6000 GVWR). If you have a tow vehicle that can to tow those weights certainly don't limit yourself to an Escape. Escape is unique in offering tandem axle molded fiberglass trailers with a GVWR of 5000 lbs.
Attachment 65591
At $94,472.00 CAD for a Bigfoot (and even more for an Airstream) let's not pretend that it is because Escape trailers are too expensive. Everyone's pricing has gone up. Molded fiberglass is a petroleum product and all fiberglass trailer manufacturers have seen their cost of production rise. All are raising their prices accordingly.
Yep they went up. However few dealers sell at list price. Escape 21 that I bought in 2017 for 27,000 is now 55,000. I haven’t priced 21 Bigfoot I’d expect about 10,000 more than an Escape given what I am paying for a 25 which is in the high 60. Escape is still cheaper. I owned a 21 for 5 years . I suspect the 23 will be on par with the 25 RQ price
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:42 AM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Yep they went up. However few dealers sell at list price.
The $94,472.00 CAD wasn't the list price that was the dealer's advertised 'Sale Price'.

As near as I can tell Bigfoot doesn't list an MSRP online. So, I guess if you have to ask you can't afford it?
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 02:27 PM   #29

Quote:
The $94,472.00 CAD wasn't the list price that was the dealer's advertised 'Sale Price'.

As near as I can tell Bigfoot doesn't list an MSRP online. So, I guess if you have to ask you can't afford it?
Dealers will supply a list price pdf at least in the us.
I didn’t pay anywhere near list. Though I am not disputing these are expensive trailers. Point of fact though when we bought the first 21 we would not have been able to afford the price of a 21 as it is now. Saving for a few years and selling the 21 has allowed us to do this. It’s still a bit of a stretch.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:40 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
They haven't always been such total garbage. I bought a 30' fleetwood prowler some 25 years ago and really had no problems with it. I lived in it full time for eight years, then sold it to a person who is still living in it full time. The roof has never leaked in all this time.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:46 PM   #31

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
When doing our research for a travel trailer (our first) It came down to Airstream 16', Bigfoot 17, and the Escape 19. Airstream got ruled out first because of cost, their waste water is a combined black/grey tank and the 8' width.
Next was Bigfoot. The 17 came closest to what we wanted size wise, their 25 was just a bit too big for us. I loved the fit and finish of the Bigfoot, and the strength of their construction. To me it was close to the Airstream in fit and finish. The downside was the 8' width (I wanted something narrower for ease of towing, no need for extension mirrors, getting into tighter spots, wind resistance etc etc. I also liked the dual axle on the Escape 19 vs the single axle on the Bigfoot 17.

So at the end of the day we picked the Escape 19. Very happy with our choice, but I still do really like the Bigfoot.

In my view you can't go wrong with either. Comes down to personal preferences.
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:03 PM   #32

Quote:

That’s 70,000 us
We paid a bit less than that. How much do you think the 23 will be ? I expect close to that given 5.0 will push close 60 if it’s well equipped. But still much cheaper than airstreams
Old 10-31-2022, 10:04 PM   #33
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Dealers will supply a list price pdf at least in the us.
I didn’t pay anywhere near list. Though I am not disputing these are expensive trailers. Point of fact though when we bought the first 21 we would not have been able to afford the price of a 21 as it is now. Saving for a few years and selling the 21 has allowed us to do this. It’s still a bit of a stretch.
Upgrading in an inflationary/high-demand market has that effect. We were able to purchase our used E21 partly because we could get more than we had paid for our older Casita six years earlier, even after inflation. In turn, the original owner of our E21 bought a Bigfoot 25.