Missing Person in Baja - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2023, 08:39 PM   #41

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSwany View Post
From your prior posts, it seems like you don’t feel safe in your immediate area. Do you feel safe anywhere in your state of Missouri?
I’m feel safe wherever I go.
One reason is I am not in denial of the danger that exists and do my best to understand there are high crime areas.
The other has to do with having the proper permits to carry solutions.

There will be more Deans who continue to play games with their safety, you may be one of those who want to pretend Mexico is safe. If one were to believe the post on here it’s all good to go there. As usual on here if anyone disagrees they are attacked as you are doing to me. I just think for those considering to go there it should be said to think hard on that decision.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 09:02 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
I’m feel safe wherever I go.
One reason is I am not in denial of the danger that exists and do my best to understand there are high crime areas.
The other has to do with having the proper permits to carry solutions.

There will be more Deans who continue to play games with their safety, you may be one of those who want to pretend Mexico is safe. If one were to believe the post on here it’s all good to go there. As usual on here if anyone disagrees they are attacked as you are doing to me. I just think for those considering to go there it should be said to think hard on that decision.
Just want to point out that there are undoubtedly safe places in Missouri, just as there are safe places in Mexico. Just need to do your research. And, unlike here, random school, church, theater and mall shootings are pretty much unheard of in Mexico. There, it’s usually gang on gang or gang on authorities, only rarely, with an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire. Just as there are places I won’t go in the US, there are places I won’t go in Mexico. Doesn’t mean the whole country is a war zone. And, BTW, that’s why the US State Department lists travel safety info by state for Mexico.
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:56 AM   #43
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I have a bazillion cable channels and right now there's these playing: Dateline, True Crime, Cold Case, Forensic Files, and Corrupt Crimes. All shows about murder and mayhem in the USA. Most are unsolved murders. Watch a few and you'd know you don't need to leave the USA to see savagery. Some of these murders will never be solved and some bodies never found. And there is a bunch of 'em. Sound familiar?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:32 AM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
My two cents

I think when the OP posted this he wasn’t wanting to start a heated discussion on crime any where. He was thinking about his friend’s life. A life that is now over.

IMHO it would be respectful to him to start another thread if want to continue the crime discussion.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:17 AM   #45

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Clown View Post
I think when the OP posted this he wasn’t wanting to start a heated discussion on crime any where. He was thinking about his friend’s life. A life that is now over.

IMHO it would be respectful to him to start another thread if want to continue the crime discussion.
Thanks for that (IMO) spot-on observation and thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Yeah, we found the rig, abandoned and burned, but no sign of Dean and no body...that was a couple weeks ago, and no news or info since then. My guess is, we will never find anything further...
I'm saddened by this update. @TahoeJoe (and all friends and family of Dean) please accept my heartfelt condolences.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:28 PM   #46

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Clown View Post

(Authorities on both sides of the border are involved and there's a serious official search happening. There is evidence of foul play, enough that there are fears that he has been kidnapped. I'm posting anywhere I can...please keep your eyes out for this rig and/or this man...his name is Dean, and he spends every winter in Baja in this rig, he is well known in the area. His home is near me in the Tahoe area (Markleeville). Thanks for reading!)

This is from the original post, with a later update that describes how things got worse. Not sure if you read this thread.
Everyone is concerned and sad about Deans death, it’s also relatable for people who camp.

There was a story of a newlywed couple at an Utah campground being murdered, those two ladies weren’t bothering anyone in the world but they’re now gone.
I so wish someone would’ve made them aware of the dangers out there.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:11 PM   #47

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Tragic for the family of the man who disappeared. Nuff said
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:51 PM   #48

Trailer: 21’ 2020
According to news reports, his body has just been located. Tragic ending…
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:54 PM   #49

Trailer: 21’ 2020
https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/04/...nia-peninsula/
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:59 PM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
That is very sad. At least those that loved him know what happened to him. I think the not knowing would be awful.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 03:05 PM   #51

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Yes, we were notified of this yesterday...his family is upset that they went straight to a press conference and the news outlets before even notifying the family. Much less "due process" down there I guess. But yes Donna at least this can start giving us some closure...
Old 04-06-2023, 03:05 PM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Truly sad.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:21 PM   #53

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
That is very sad. At least those that loved him know what happened to him. I think the not knowing would be awful.
I agree and there's been previous cases where the whereabouts of the person is still unknown.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote