MP4 movie downloads - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Good Morning All,
Have to admit my first laugh of the day, about the stripper pole. LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think for many of us being connected digitally to something is ingrained in us at this point. I've been watching a lot of boon docking you tube videos and no most of them don't worry about TV but all have cellular and wifi so sure they use it for entertainment it as well.
One thing I will need to get more savvy at is electronics and all the things available to us today. We still do what is considered old fashion I guess DVD player and a few movies on hand. Rainy days or maybe curled up in bed and fall to sleep to one is about the only time we use it. We enjoy seating outside and listening to some of our favorite music and even that we do on a radio.

Safe and fun travels to all,

Steve
Steve, cell and wifi isn’t always available, especially when you are way out in the desert or mountains or in national parks or monuments where cellular doesn’t reach or in one of many RV parks where the wifi doesn’t have sufficient band width to support customer demands. Also us Canadians don’t always have good roaming plans either. So dvds and other digital products do make sense.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_and_Cathy View Post
I have an $8 OTG cable (on-the-go cable) with an HDMI port. With that, I can connect my Samsung Note4 phone to a TV or computer monitor. It also has USB ports that allow connection of a thumb drive or portable hard drive to my phone for additional storage. I've even used it to connect a keyboard and mouse to my phone.
Welcome to the forum!

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
if you have movies on DVD, and a PC with a DVD drive, you can 'rip' the movie into a MP4 file with the freeware program Handbrake. takes a bit of practice to get all the right settings for optimal results but it works very well.

re: plugging a USB SSD into a TV's USB port, make sure this works before overcommitting a lot of effort to filling said SSD... a lot of device USB ports only support FAT32 formatted devices up to 32GB. larger devices require a different file system, like exFAT or NTFS, which may not be supported by the TV.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Thanks everyone for all the ideas.

Jim, the stripper pole is getting its share of use, but not what you think. It’s great to hold on when stepping out of the trailer. Hee Hee.

I think i will just stick to Netflix downloads.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:37 PM   #25

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Fred, Didn't read the whole thread but does that mean downloading the Netflix shows for later viewing? if so, how? if it's been covered I'll go back and read.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #26

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Fred, Didn't read the whole thread but does that mean downloading the Netflix shows for later viewing? if so, how? if it's been covered I'll go back and read.
Yes!
Not all movies or shows are available but there is a very large selection.
Depending on the show they will stay in your download box for many days or weeks.
Most movies download within a minute!
Download them to your phone, iPad or laptop.
Attached Thumbnails
EC6C82B4-1F93-436F-842E-453C2BC3F27A.jpeg   896F196C-3F74-4432-B72C-2D65A8F588DD.jpeg   1439E266-CFBE-447D-B335-E9BE8664827B.jpeg   66D96D2C-5588-438E-93A0-D863BC061E40.jpeg   A4E6A122-212A-4337-8DF7-4F82BC17ED49.jpeg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Using the Netflix App, you can download certain shows for viewing later offline.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:47 AM   #28

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Excellent, thanks.

Not as easy as it looked. Being a Windows laptop user I've been going to the Netflix site and logging in to watch programs. To get the download option I had to get the "app" on my laptop and use that as opposed to going to the website. Old dogs gotta learn new tricks.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:32 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
This has become another good thread with good information.

Chris and Patricia you should watch some of the You Tube videos especially enjoy one called Creativity RV, she is getting Wifi almost anywhere she goes, she has a video that shows the products she tested and how she does it.
Rainy Monday here in Georgia but I won't let it get me down .

Safe and Fun travels to all.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #30

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
Using the Netflix App, you can download certain shows for viewing later offline.
I never knew this but certainly will be taking advantage of it in the future. I mostly use my laptop for viewing movies in the trailer anyway, whether downloaded or DVD.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
This has become another good thread with good information.

Chris and Patricia you should watch some of the You Tube videos especially enjoy one called Creativity RV, she is getting Wifi almost anywhere she goes, she has a video that shows the products she tested and how she does it.
Rainy Monday here in Georgia but I won't let it get me down .

Safe and Fun travels to all.

Steve
Steve, thanks, will do. The other thing about downloading stuff from Netflix is that you can control the quality of the download to make sure that it’s decent enough for the device you intend playing it back on. It’s buried in your account settings somewhere. Not that it’s a huge issue, but we have a 23 inch TV in the trailer with 1080p. We don’t have to have full 1080, but it’s nice to get something that’s at least 720. However lots of people have PCs with really good quality displays, so it’s nice to benefit from them.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #32

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Watching Movies / TV Series

As others have mentioned there are different ways of downloading content to watch later at your leisure. We download regularly from Netflix (although you have a limited period of time to watch this content) and various torrent sites. We enjoy downloading movies, documentaries and TV Series' we have everything saved to a large portable terabyte drive. We have done this because it gives us a library of material to watch whenever we feel like it. Then we simply connect the drive to our laptop and HDMI cable to the TV - 2 summers ago it was very rainy here in eastern Canada and we do not have any TV or internet availability at our rustic cottage - I remember we did some binge watching TV series such as Game of Thrones and such - we normally are outside 24/7 but it was a lot of fun (and no commercials to have to endure!!)
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #33

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
I have a subscription to Amazon Prime, mostly for the shipping but it also gives me access to Amazon Music (a streaming service) and to Prime Video which allows me to download or stream movies or TV series. The Jack Ryan series is excellent.
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:53 PM   #34

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
For those of you that watch movies in your Escape:

Does anyone download MP4 movie files and if so, which is a good site?

Thanks,
I have a Vizio 21” TV in my 17B on an arm by the fridge. It’s connected to an Apple 4 TV, a JBL soundbar which I hang to the right of the TV below the cabinet (near back corner, passenger side), and I run a little network in the trailer using a ubiquiti small router with a nanostation M5 as an access point. Yes, we’ve got two batteries, inverter for all AC outlets, and an external double solar panel on a a long wire (external socket for that by the door) to catch some rays.
Usually I download movies from Amazon video and stream them to the TV from an iphone or ipad. Works great. Netflix requires internet access before you can stream a downloaded movie, and and if I use the iphone as a hotspot, I can’t simultaneously use screen mirroring to the apple tv. doesn’t work thus far. We’re usually out boondocking and have no internet. But sometimes it’s nice to curl up in the evening a watch a movie!
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #35

Trailer: 2009 13' Escape
If you have Netflix you can download their some movies on an iPhone or iPad. Then you can hook either to your TV with a HDMI cable. Get one at Amazon.
We have a 13'B which we tow with a Kia Sorrento 4cylinder turbo. If course our trailer is only 1600 pounds.
Johnny Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cool View Post
If you have Netflix you can download their some movies on an iPhone or iPad. Then you can hook either to your TV with a HDMI cable. Get one at Amazon.
We have a 13'B which we tow with a Kia Sorrento 4cylinder turbo. If course our trailer is only 1600 pounds.
Good point about Netflix movie download --> hooking direct to TV with an HDMI. Will try that next trip to Mount Shasta in December!
Jonathan
Old 11-21-2018, 10:38 PM   #37

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cool View Post
After reading some of the earlier posts, I thought cool!, I will download a few movies from Netflix and watch on my next trip. Not so easy!

As stated above, you can download to an iPhone or iPad but NOT to a laptop as others have stated. I then got an adapter which should allow me to hook the iPhone to my TV or laptop with an HDMI cable but that’s not working. I searched for an answer and only came up with “this doesn’t work anymore/Netflix and Apple need to work it out”.

Anyone able to get this to work??
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:47 PM   #38

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Have you tried Bluetooth to connect your devices? Maybe, maybe not?
Old 11-21-2018, 11:05 PM   #39

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I think that only serves to share an internet connection which I use when I need to get my laptop online while camping with no WiFi.

I think the answer is iPhone/iPad Netflix to TV/laptop only works to an Airplay device like Apple TV and only works on WiFi. Another answer is to use AirServer or use Chromecast in the Google Chrome browser, something I am not familiar with. Not sure if that needs an internet connection. I will look into more options like these when I get a round tuit!
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Nope, BT won't cut it either. Been there, flunked there (with Netflix). Amazon downloads just don't require simultaneous internet connection while playing them on the device they're stored on or even mirroring them (in the case of an iOS storing device) to an Apple TV and thence to the TV.
Darn, and I already ordered the lightening to HDMI cable. (Netflix movie download stored on an iPhone then outputted to the tv was the plan.) Looks like it might be a Flunkola as well, but will report back what happens.

Tags
mp4