New Concept Trailer - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
My wife and my relationship seems to improve when travelling in our relatively small trailer. Could be because we have to, or maybe because there is a lot less stress involved in what we are doing.
Can we come stop by for counselling, in Osoyoos?
Old 05-03-2018, 07:56 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Can we come stop by for counselling, in Osoyoos?
LOL. No problem. Alcohol may be involved.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
LOL. No problem. Alcohol may be involved.

Says the guy who won’t put Baileys in coffee [emoji57]
Old 05-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #24

Being smart about consumption is the key.

I will take the Irish Cream with my coffee, just not in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #25

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
I will bring the Baileys!
Are you coming too? Maybe group discount will kick in....
Old 05-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I think if I we were fulltiming we might feel differently, but we are more than happy with the space in our 19.
I think this is the 'big deal.' The folks I know that are moving to the 'dark side' are not just vacation people. In all cases, these are their full-time homes. I can understand the need for more space and more storage and more 'simple.' One is moving to a MOHO, because hates 'hooking up' when it's time to move. Different strokes, for different folks. And it's ALL good.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Yes, Donna, you are one who gets that everyone is not in the same physical condition, the same age, same situation. I had so much trouble with the trailer up north last year that I am booked up at hotels and cabins, (and will also be at the Iowa house) and will only use the trailer closer to home for a while.

Expect to go longer again later but not going to go that far, this year anyway. And I took the trailer across much of Canada and through many states. But all is not the same at all times. Many have their tent times and their trailer times and their driveable RV times, and then there are even those hotel times sometimes, too. But I might get a couple of nights up north in a tent!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:34 AM   #28

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Yes, Donna, you are one who gets that everyone is not in the same physical condition, the same age, same situation. I had so much trouble with the trailer up north last year that I am booked up at hotels and cabins, (and will also be at the Iowa house) and will only use the trailer closer to home for a while.

Expect to go longer again later but not going to go that far, this year anyway. And I took the trailer across much of Canada and through many states. But all is not the same at all times. Many have their tent times and their trailer times and their driveable RV times, and then there are even those hotel times sometimes, too. But I might get a couple of nights up north in a tent!
Hi Cathy . Yup sometimes I miss the camper , sometimes miss the 22 ft Class C , sometimes like the trailer . Nothing is perfect I guess . Like can unhitch the tv from trailer but it sure has lots of maintence and things to remember . Love the queen bed and actually the shower is pretty nice . Class C had a engine to worry about but it is faster to leave , same for the camper ,but not much room . Hate hotel rooms and done with tents a long time ago and tent trailers . But that is for sure if was going to full time would want more room But have a nice house and not ready to give that up . So the Escape serves it's purpose and after a camping trip can go home . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:54 AM   #29

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Cathy . Yup sometimes I miss the camper , sometimes miss the 22 ft Class C , sometimes like the trailer . Nothing is perfect I guess . Like can unhitch the tv from trailer but it sure has lots of maintence and things to remember . Love the queen bed and actually the shower is pretty nice . Class C had a engine to worry about but it is faster to leave , same for the camper ,but not much room . Hate hotel rooms and done with tents a long time ago and tent trailers . But that is for sure if was going to full time would want more room But have a nice house and not ready to give that up . So the Escape serves it's purpose and after a camping trip can go home . Pat
Pat, yes, one of those big differences with the engine would be a lot more insurance cost, in addition to repairs, but that depends upon what one gets.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:42 AM   #30

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Pat, yes, one of those big differences with the engine would be a lot more insurance cost, in addition to repairs, but that depends upon what one gets.
You forget we live in a tax happy state . Have to pay insurance on tv and trailer and it's not cheap . Now on our 26 year tv now paying more then when we bought truck in 2003 by a lot . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:56 AM   #31

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Quote:
My wife and my relationship seems to improve when travelling in our relatively small trailer. Could be because we have to, or maybe because there is a lot less stress involved in what we are doing.
There is a lot less housekeeping/home maintenance to do. Limited storage means less clothes and less to wash. Less floor space means cleaning the floor takes just a few minutes.. Whenever I’m in one of the big RVs all I think is why would someone want to be cleaning house on the road? But owners of big RVs look at us and can’t figure out why we’d want to be limited as to where we can sit.

Different strokes.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:58 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
There is a lot less housekeeping/home maintenance to do. Limited storage means less clothes and less to wash. Less floor space means cleaning the floor takes just a few minutes.. Whenever I’m in one of the big RVs all I think is why would someone want to be cleaning house on the road? But owners of big RVs look at us and can’t figure out why we’d want to be limited as to where we can sit.

Different strokes.
I am sure that simplifying life has a lot to do with it. Eliminates a lot of stress.

We have friends with big RVs too. While many are our size or smaller, some a bit bigger, there are a couple with real big units, the ones with separate bedroom, and lots of slides.

Who know what will happen a ways into the future, but for now, we are keen on staying relatively small and simple, with the ability to do lots of travel with less hassle. So many nice campsites I have been in would not hold a trailer much bigger than what we have, and as it is there are a few that we could not fit into. Recognizing that fuel will be our biggest expense, I want to keep that cost down as much as possible too. I look forward to retiring, but need to be able to afford it.

Those big rigs would not be so popular if there wasn't a segment of the population that feels they need them, and if that is what makes them happy, all the power to them.