New purchase hits home - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21NE
New purchase hits home

It wasn't the $2k down payment, the trip to Chilliwack, the ordeal of the build sheet, or the current decision to pick up or have the new 21NE delivered that's making the realization of this purchase hit home, but the advertising and selling of our beloved Burro!

We'll miss our little donkey. So many people have been responding to the ad that it's making the high resale demand of Escapes look ordinary. It appears there's a huge Burro facebook page with quite the burro community. Who knew? I realize they are terminally cute, but am (pleasantly) surprised at their popularity. We did our first video call to show it today...bittersweet.

But I'm sure we'll learn to love our new 21, with it's larger bed, bathroom(!), etc. Only a matter of weeks now!
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
I am experiencing the same feeling. I belong to a FB group for the tent trailer I have (Jumping Jack) and today someone asked if anyone was looking to sell their 6x8, which is the size I have. I replied that mine would probably be available after Labor Day, which is our last camping trip before our 21NE is scheduled to be completed. 3 minutes later I got a message asking "how much?" and "do you have pictures?" It is a bittersweet feeling. The JJ has done very well for us, but we are ready to move on up.

felix2 - have you made a decision on delivery yet? I believe you have a similar completion date - mine is 9/16 - and live in the same general area. I am getting mine delivered. If you get yours delivered, maybe they will be on the same truck.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
A Burro is what got me into fiberglass RVs. I used to drive by a dealer in Los Banos, CA, and see them, and want one. When I finally had the means to start looking, Burro had JUST gone out of business.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
My first egg was also a Burro, 1981, which I found on eBay. They actually also sold them as kits, delivered, which a dad in Mass. assembled for his family, evidently used a few times and then it got forgotten in the back yard. It was in horrible shape when I paid a thousand bucks for it many years later. Got it home and fell through the rotted floor. But, a wonderful project. If it wasn't for always sleeping in the fetal position we might have kept it.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:30 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
felix2 - have you made a decision on delivery yet? I believe you have a similar completion date - mine is 9/16 - and live in the same general area. I am getting mine delivered. If you get yours delivered, maybe they will be on the same truck.
Obviously I'm not felix2, but, we are picking up ours on September 8th. We were able to get reservations just a few days ago at KOA in Lynden / Bellingham for the day of pickup, and Washington Park in Anacortes, WA the following night.

We're travelling in a partially converted Sprinter so we're self-contained for the trip up, and will have lots of room on the way back.

Once you pick up your trailer there are a couple options for contact-less curbside pick up to stock the trailer with groceries, toiletries, etc, as well as Amazon lockers so you don't have to haul everything you might need for the trailer either.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post

We're heading up to Sumas to pick it up - due to delivery company delays, we would need to wait another two weeks and I have to stay within my planned vacation schedule...it'll end up costing me more than twice the delivery charge of $98 in gas and a hotel, but oh well...I'll consider it a shake-down trip.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:09 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Obviously I'm not felix2, but, we are picking up ours on September 8th. We were able to get reservations just a few days ago at KOA in Lynden / Bellingham for the day of pickup, and Washington Park in Anacortes, WA the following night.
I just got back from 4 nights at Washington Park - I have many relatives in the general area so it makes a good place to stay and visit for me. The campground itself is nothing spectacular, but the views from the park itself are. Have a good time on your pick-up trip.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
We have two more trips in our Scamp before we head to Sumas to pick up our new Escape. Maybe I'll be like Donna Dee, and just have both an Escape and a Scamp.
It will be hard to let go of the Scamp with so many good memories of places it has taken us.
I hope to make lots of good memories with the Escape!