Share your fishing pics - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2018, 03:41 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Just remembered my license is still good through June, so think I’ll pack the poles and do some fishing right out our campsite this weekend.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:26 PM   #42

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Ok guys, I am an old sporadic bait cast and trolling fisherman on the texas coast.
Have a new 21c and will be traveling around. I have not fished fresh water.
Can I use a lightweight bait caster, or do I have to go to a fly rig?
I am not a spinning type of guy. If possible what type of setup meaning lures or whatever is needed, or is it dependent on the local?
Thanks
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 05:35 PM   #43

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboyd View Post
Ok guys, I am an old sporadic bait cast and trolling fisherman on the texas coast.
I am not a spinning type of guy. If possible what type of setup meaning lures or whatever is needed, or is it dependent on the local?
Thanks
With a lightweight bait rig you can catch about anything that swims just so your line is appropriate and most places if you read the DNR news feed for the week you’ll get an idea what is being caught and on what. Then a trip to the bait and tackle shop for some hopefully good advice on colors, patterns, depth etc. you question is pretty open ended so its hard to say what the best tackle is. There are some local regulations about everywhere.
Artificials only, flies only, catch and release only, length and daily limits, etc
I’m a catfish guy. Never heard a song about a trout. ( but they are pretty tasty)

https://www.google.com/search?q=erni...ile-gws-wiz-hp

Here’s a couple fish I caught with my Abu Garcia 6500 Pro Rocket reel and Tow Truck rod in Fort Wayne last week. Both caught on live 4 inch bluegill on a 6/0 circle hook
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
A03B6C5F-2AFC-41AF-9631-8C798A1EF7B2.jpg   0A43A2FF-3161-4982-AE78-758F9D1F1238.jpg  
Old 03-30-2021, 07:07 PM   #44

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Thanks
For fresh water you can use anything. I prefer just reaching in and grabbing one.
Attached Thumbnails
CD37FBFE-938B-4B49-BBCB-1C2C650E30F0.jpg  
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:22 PM   #45

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
I fish the ocean and freshwater out of my kayak, along with other guys here in the PNW. One year at our annual Oregon Rockfish Contest, we had a octogenarian skinny water kayak fisherman from Texas named Art join us. He on his way to a square dancing festival in Seattle. He had never fished the ocean, and the cold and rolling water off the Oregon coast is challenging to say the least. A couple contestants loaned Art cold water immersion gear and set him up with a rod, reel, and bottom fishing rig, and dang didn't Art show up the locals and take 2nd place (out of about 90 entrants).
Art was a great guy and stopped by to fish with the friends he made for the next couple of years on his travels between Seattle and Texas. He stopped coming after his wife and square dancing partner passed away. I have a fond spot in my heart for skinny water fishermen from Texas since then.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:33 PM   #46

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Thanks for the info. I have caught many trouts and reds along with snapper, ling, wahoo, tuna, even a marlin. This is all salt water. I will need to go find some lures and set a rig in the trailer, and hopefully give a try in a lake somewhere.
Again hanks for the heads up.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:34 AM   #47

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I have caught many trouts and reds along with snapper, ling, wahoo, tuna, even a marlin. This is all salt water. I will need to go find some lures and set a rig in the trailer, and hopefully give a try in a lake somewhere.
Again hanks for the heads up.
One of my favorite places is Steinhagen Lake (COE) up by Jasper. The campsites at Magnolia Ridge COE campground are right on the water.

Good Crappie fishing there. If I can't eat it, I don't fish for it.