Shortages are now more prevalent..... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2021, 09:44 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
The Ink Spots aren’t singing about A lady here, I think they are wanting some apple pie.
https://www.google.com/search?q=unti...ile-gws-wiz-hp

Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... I thought you were studying the "Life of Pi". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:55 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
From my geometry teacher lo those many years ago,
“Pi R squared”
And my response
“No Pi are round”

And from my Latin teacher “Latin is a dead language”
And my response “And now it’s killing me”

What did they used to call that thing? Oh yeah Detention
Iowa Dave
Old 12-22-2021, 10:09 AM   #23

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Barb has arrived, and she makes great pies, so another shortage averted here. Actually she is working on fudge and gingerbread today.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:31 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Detention was a double edged sword, once at school and when you got home a good boot on the butt for getting caught......
Old 12-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Detention was a double edged sword, once at school and when you got home a good boot on the butt for getting caught......
That n when dad got homed out came the belt
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
That n when dad got homed out came the belt
Hi: Oldtimer... The most dreaded words my Mother spoke..."Wait till your Father gets home"!!! Alf
Old 12-22-2021, 03:34 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Had a friend when I was about six whose dad was a long-haul trucker. I repeatedly heard his mother say, "you wait 'til your father gets home". I presume he got all his beatings at once.
I was playing with another friend who didn't come in for dinner fast enough. I could hear him wailing as my dad pulled up in the '54 Dodge and called out to me, "we've been looking all over for you. Hop in the car. We're going to Dairy Queen".
Old 12-22-2021, 05:24 PM   #28

Roaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Had a friend when I was about six whose dad was a long-haul trucker. I repeatedly heard his mother say, "you wait 'til your father gets home". I presume he got all his beatings at once.
I was playing with another friend who didn't come in for dinner fast enough. I could hear him wailing as my dad pulled up in the '54 Dodge and called out to me, "we've been looking all over for you. Hop in the car. We're going to Dairy Queen".
My dad would often say
“Where the hell have you been?” He seemed amused when we recounted the day’s adventurers, especially the significant wildlife spottings. My mom was a kind person but did have a breaking point at which time “The white belt” came out. Her greatest frustration was when she broke her heavy duty lumberyard yardstick on me. Other kids were no doubt abused. We had it coming.
Iowa Dave .
Old 12-22-2021, 06:34 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Last week I inquired at a kitchen and bath place about buying a Bosch dishwasher. I was told that currently there is a six month delay. Before the pandemic if they had to order one it would be in the store within a week.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:59 PM   #30

Trailer: 2013 19ft Escape "Eggy Sue"
Speaking of detentions, I may have given out a Canadian record setting one...6 hours long. Bush camp school for young offenders in the Arctic. 3pm till 9pm and I supplied a hot dinner at 6. Note of apology given at 10:10 am next morning. Teaching in the olden days.
2002 Toyota Tundra 4X4
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 05:38 AM   #31

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Back to the original topic

We ordered a couch back in early March. Last I heard, it might be coming in January. I'm guessing couches usually don't come from overseas, but made in the USA. I don't know what the delay is about.

In October, Amazon quoted a replacement Maxx-Fan gear lift mechanism as being available July 2022.

Covid, covid, covid. It looks like it will be the "issue" for years to come. New variants emerge about every 90 days .
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 06:58 AM   #32

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Raise your hand if you’ve rendered lard from a hog and used it in pie crust since the pandemic started. Sure makes a flaky crust.
Iowa Dave
Haven’t rendered my own lard in years. We used to raise a pig each year when all the kids were home. Now it’s just me and the wife. Lard does make the flakiest, most tender pie crust.
Fortunately we live in an area with a large Amish population so I can indulge in a pie made the old fashion way when ever the mood strikes.
I also buy all my lumber from them since the markets went wacky.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:10 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
We ordered a couch back in early March. Last I heard, it might be coming in January. I'm guessing couches usually don't come from overseas, but made in the USA. I don't know what the delay is about.

In October, Amazon quoted a replacement Maxx-Fan gear lift mechanism as being available July 2022.

Covid, covid, covid. It looks like it will be the "issue" for years to come. New variants emerge about every 90 days .
Hi: HABBERDABBER... To me it seems like every time there's a holiday there's a spoiler variant. Alf
Old 12-23-2021, 07:35 AM   #34

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Ink Spots

1983 we just bought a house in Utah, I was out on a trip, Nancy was unloading boxes and finding a place for everything and the local radio station had a record playing with a challenge who could identify the group, Nancy won since her folks always had music playing and she could identify the Ink Spots singing "if I didn't care"
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:58 AM   #35

Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
1983 we just bought a house in Utah, I was out on a trip, Nancy was unloading boxes and finding a place for everything and the local radio station had a record playing with a challenge who could identify the group, Nancy won since her folks always had music playing and she could identify the Ink Spots singing "if I didn't care"
AZjack
Hi Jack and Nancy
Good to hear from you. Like Nancy we had a lot of hours of music per week in our house, our car, wherever my dad could hear it. The ink spots were a favorite and my dad would on occasion get a little “tuned up’ as they say, and break into song. Looking back, had a pretty good voice. When I complained that something wasn’t going my way, he would quote the Ink Spots “into each life a little rain must fall, but too much is falling in mine. And when my short temper came into play, from an old 78 rpm recording. “Keep Cool Fool”. I’m happy to report
that all three of kids enjoy all kinds of music and my grandson Asa who you met in Colorado is in the high school marching band, orchestra, and pep band. He plays the clarinet, alto sax and base clarinet along with the piano. He wasn’t all that tall a couple years ago but is now a slender 6’4”.

Merry Christmas to you and Nancy, our picture night is tonight and that’s just the beginning.
Iowa Dave and Rita.
Old 12-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #36

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
An IMO interesting response to certain 'chip' shortages and associated product delivery delays is one offered by Ford ... certain vehicles / engines are being sold (or can be ordered) without the "Auto stop-start" engine technology that had been 'standard' until late last year but is dependent on a critical chip in short supply.

For example, the popular 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine has had "Auto stop-start" as a default feature for several years with no option to delete that feature. Now one can order certain 2022 F150 configurations with that feature removed, it's listed as option code "52X" in the Dealer Order System and has an MSRP of -$50 (a $50 price deduct):
"Auto Start-Stop Removal
• 2.7L EcoBoost® and 3.5L EcoBoost® engine – 4x4 only
• 5.0L V8 engine"
The official EPA mileage rating is affected by this option, for example:
  • 4x4 F150 3.5L V6 with Auto s-s = 20/18/23 (combined/city/highway)
  • 4x4 F150 3.5L V6 without Auto s-s = 19/17/23

Another Ford situation apparently relating to commodity shortages is the factory-optional "spray-in bedliner" ... some dealers have noted trucks with that option are delayed in production lately and are advising folks ordering trucks to skip on that option. This is of course a feature which can be added after purchase of the truck by aftermarket installers.

These things learned in the process of placing my own order for a 2022 F150. I'm now "In the Order Bank" for that vehicle, which is akin to having submitted a deposit with ETI for an Escape trailer.

Unlike ETI, Ford doesn't even provide a 'guestimate' of delivery date when an order is placed - I'll get that later in the process when production is actually scheduled for my build. Could be 3-months, 8-months, or more, no one knows today. But I'm now in the queue, with my purchase price "locked" at 9.3% below the current 2022 Monroney-sticker MSRP no matter when it's delivered (I have the actual dollar amounts on my 'build-agreement').

So, like when I ordered my Escape, I'll be patient and look forward to eventually enjoying my new truck.
Old 12-23-2021, 11:36 AM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
the "Auto stop-start" engine technology that had been 'standard'

Now one can order certain 2022 F150 configurations with that feature removed, it's listed as option code "52X" in the Dealer Order System and has an MSRP of -$50 (a $50 price deduct):
"Auto Start-Stop Removal
• 2.7L EcoBoost® and 3.5L EcoBoost® engine – 4x4 only
• 5.0L V8 engine"

Another Ford situation apparently relating to commodity shortages is the factory-optional "spray-in bedliner" ... some dealers have noted trucks with that option are delayed in production lately and are advising folks ordering trucks to skip on that option. This is of course a feature which can be added after purchase of the truck by aftermarket installers.
Wish there was a chip shortage when I bought my F150. Had to do some research on how to disable that unwanted feature. Easiest solution of several was pulling wire under the dash. Thanks to the helpful folks on the F150 forum.

I did get the factory bed liner. It's pretty good. Don't know if it's better than after market ones, I've had them also. But all-in-one is always more convenient.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 12:03 PM   #38

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Wish there was a chip shortage when I bought my F150. Had to do some research on how to disable that unwanted feature. Easiest solution of several was pulling wire under the dash. Thanks to the helpful folks on the F150 forum.

I did get the factory bed liner. It's pretty good. Don't know if it's better than after market ones, I've had them also. But all-in-one is always more convenient.

Ron
Yeah, I know some folks don't like the Auto s-s and seek to disable it as you did or using FORScan DIY reprogramming. I drove several 2021's with it and would take it or leave it myself, but yes, I did choose the delete on my order in hope of quicker delivery.

I'd have preferred the factory spray-in bed liner but the aftermarket one sprayed in my 2005 F150 has been fine, held up great and I'm very happy with it. So I opted to go without on my order, again in hopes of minimizing delivery delays.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:54 PM   #39

Hi: All... One thing we aren't short of is shortages!!! Supply shortages are an easy way to slip in price increases too!!!
All I want is patience... and I want it NOW!!! Alf
Old 12-23-2021, 01:01 PM   #40

Trailer: 2012 E19
I was a bit concerned about the chip shortage, but my wife just brought home some Pringles and Ruffles, so we're good.