Sometimes you bite the bear, sometimes the bear bites you...... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2022, 03:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Sometimes I ask where they are located. They tell me and that’s when I’m reminded my 1956 globe of the world is outdated. Siam? Belgian Congo, Madagascar? Yugoslavia?
Iowa Dave
Madagascar is still Madagascar; the rest... not so much.
"Siam'' (an old name for Thailand) was already obsolete even in 1956 - get your money back for that globe.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:16 PM   #22

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Sometimes I ask where they are located. They tell me and that’s when I’m reminded my 1956 globe of the world is outdated. Siam? Belgian Congo, Madagascar? Yugoslavia?
Iowa Dave
Always ask to speak to a "Tier 1 Agent".

When I do I am quickly transferred to a guy name Mike or Larry.... When I ask them where they are they generally something like Wisconsin, Iowa.....

"Tier 1 Agent"
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:45 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Madagascar is still Madagascar; the rest... not so much.
"Siam'' (an old name for Thailand) was already obsolete even in 1956 - get your money back for that globe.
I’m so confused most of the time. I just know the world and what it’s called has changed a lot in 7 decades. Today I went to see a guy at a shop in a nearby town. I used the address on his website which was 402 Short street. Tried the door at that address, locked, called the number and the lady said we are here. I said the door is locked.she said no, we’re across the street, the address is wrong on our website we’re at 401. Everybody in town knows where we are and we haven’t got around to correcting the typo.

What’s an old man supposed to do? Take a course in mind reading I guess. My trip was ultimately successful but had a little twilight zone twinge to it. Did see an unrestored 1960’s Ford Falcon being driven to the grocery store by an older lady. ( probably about as old as I am.)
Iowa Dave
Old 03-30-2022, 05:53 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
I’m so confused most of the time. I just know the world and what it’s called has changed a lot in 7 decades. Today I went to see a guy at a shop in a nearby town. I used the address on his website which was 402 Short street. Tried the door at that address, locked, called the number and the lady said we are here. I said the door is locked.she said no, we’re across the street, the address is wrong on our website we’re at 401. Everybody in town knows where we are and we haven’t got around to correcting the typo.

What’s an old man supposed to do? Take a course in mind reading I guess. My trip was ultimately successful but had a little twilight zone twinge to it. Did see an unrestored 1960’s Ford Falcon being driven to the grocery store by an older lady. ( probably about as old as I am.)
Iowa Dave
Did you follow her home so you could make an offer, I had a Falcon, there were plenty of jokes about falcons and mustangs back then.....
Old 03-30-2022, 06:09 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I would probably rather had her groceries than her car. It was one of those kinda tan with a ab almost pink tinge to it. I’m not sure what they called the color but Ford had it for several vehicles back then. Just hadn’t seen a Falcon on the road for a while. Saw an old military jeep on a flatbread truck on Interstate 380 today too. Had some extra jeep parts strapped to the flatbed too. Looked restorable.
Iowa Dave