Ten good years - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2023, 09:32 AM   #61

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Nope, clearly she owned the horses before she bought the Escape "cart"! Although I can't speak to any horse trailers she may or may not have owned...

You have it right. I "did" the horses, while I was young & fit. Over forty years. Then being single & no kids, I walked away from them, while I could still walk. They can & do hurt you bad. Most of my towing was 3 different horse trailers. The last one did a few trips from The Vineyard to Ocala. This is how my last horse trailer ended up, from a tree over 100' away. Well built, as the force of it coming down snapped the top right off(on the ground), still didn't totally collapse the roof. I traded for a bunch of tree work.......
Attached Thumbnails
002.jpg  
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:48 PM   #62

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I’ve bought a number of things out of logical order. Yesterday I bought a nice harpoon. Now I’m looking for a first mate named Starbuck. And that ain’t no cup of coffee. And a whaling boat and flensing knife.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-23-2023, 09:35 PM   #63

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I’ve bought a number of things out of logical order. Yesterday I bought a nice harpoon. Now I’m looking for a first mate named Starbuck. And that ain’t no cup of coffee. And a whaling boat and flensing knife.
Iowa Dave
You already have a white Escape. Don't go looking for a white whale, too.
Old 03-24-2023, 04:30 AM   #64

Visitor form the Far East

If you don’t look you’ll never find.
Deep Huh?
Looked out my sliding glass door Tuesday and saw this guy originally from China checking out our property. Sent Jake out to greet him. And he literally flew off. I thought I heard him singing for a girlfriend the other day. It’s about time again.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
90052869-0ABD-4237-BA6E-291E3A795F47.jpeg   DF12AA5D-E04D-4840-82F0-CB32610ABE09.jpg  
Old 03-24-2023, 06:25 AM   #65

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
If you don’t look you’ll never find.
Deep Huh?
Looked out my sliding glass door Tuesday and saw this guy originally from China checking out our property. Sent Jake out to greet him. And he literally flew off. I thought I heard him singing for a girlfriend the other day. It’s about time again.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... We live "Far east" of you!!! Those boids are good under glass. We have a plethora of "Wild Turkeys", some in glass too!!! This feathered friend was window shopping.
AIAS'd to the kids, "It's not lost till your Mother can't find it". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1050304.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 06:44 AM   #66

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Good to see you still have ringnecks. I grew up in SE Pennsylvania, and it was a pheasant paradise. Gradually thru the seventies and eighties there were fewer and fewer birds. Now Pennsylvania is pretty much put and take.
There are all kinds of explanations on why the decline took place, not sure of the true reason(s).
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:34 AM   #67

We could discuss pheasant population fluctuations over beers but I’d pass out before we ran out of reasons. When we moved to our current home in 2006 there were farm fields being row cropped around us. The man who owns the 180 acres to the south and west, farms it by himself along with some other ground. About 8 years ago he put 103 acres in a pheasant restoration program and planted habitat and food plots. Pheasants flourished. He allows a few guys to hunt it a couple weekends a year. So when the crowing season comes along here next month it’s fun to hear dozens of crowing roosters on nice mornings. Although I could, I don’t hunt these birds. Rather have them around. But the dog works them after the young ones are big enough to fly. In Iowa, the diet of of young pheasants in August is 95% grasshoppers.Cup plant dew and grasshoppers, a Protein combo that’s hard to beat.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-24-2023, 08:42 AM   #68

Trailer: 2012 E19
This was my mother's brother, in the 1950s, on the farm in Michigan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uncle John Holevar and pheasants-sm.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	337.2 KB
ID:	67537
Old 03-24-2023, 09:05 AM   #69

Old days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
This was my mother's brother, in the 1950s, on the farm in Michigan.

Attachment 67537
Pictures similar to yours were common, even in state published conservation magazines back in the day. Hunting stories that were routine back then would be frowned upon now or not to be believed. Lots of things environmentally have changed and in most cases not for the better.
When I was a kid my grandma had a photo that was in her local newspaper in a scrap book. The winter was long and the snow was deep. Local farmers got together and dumped corn and other grain near some thick habitat on the side of a hill. Birds came. The photo was taken when the bird numbers peaked. The black dots in the photos were pheasants. Someone had counted the dots and there were 800 pheasants in one photo. I don’t have the photo and have looked for it because it’s Interesting to me.
Iowa Dave