The Queen - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2022, 04:49 PM   #21

Trailer: WTB: E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Iowa Dave
You have a Merry Christmas as well. I do so appreciate the seasoned crowd on the site. The younger folks hear about the "Queen" and they think about the spent Energy and Nuclear Waste secretary. So at 63 yrs old myself and from Wisconsin, I love your down home Midwest comments.... and Merry Christmas
Escape_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 06:27 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Well my old buddy Adrian just pointed out to me I got the two gentlemen mixed up and gave Meghan the wrong spouse. I think that further proves how out of touch I am with the Monarchy and what goes on in England. Don’t know who I insulted, Harry or Andrew, probably both.

Anecdote alert:
My dad was stationed in England in WWII before they went to Vlliers-Fossard and Saint Lo via the Normandy beach. He didn’t talk about the war much but had good memories of training in England and Scotland. When my brothers and I were kids, he would call my mom before he left work and she would get busy frying thinly sliced potatoes in the cast iron skillet. Dad would go to the fish store in town that had carry out fried fish and get some haddock. Then he’d come home and give each one of us a fifty cent piece. He would then get a couple sheets of the local newspaper and make a funnel and they (mom and dad) would dump some fish and fried spuds in the funnel. Then he’d break into his imitation of an English street vendor hawking his wares. We would order “fish and chips”. As we got our newspaper sleeve dinner. Dad would charge us “half a crown” and we’d give him his fifty cent pieces back. We were only rich for about 10 minutes. But the fish and potatoes were good. I can still smell the coveralls he wore, stained with gasoline, the grease, the oil and Prestone antifreeze. And feel the room cool down from the cold he brought in with him which radiated off the heavy winter clothing. I had the finest childhood that I would not trade with anyone, anywhere.
Have a great day and make some memories.
Iowa Dave
Thank you Dave. Brought back many good memories of my Dad. On weekends, I would smell his coveralls the minute he walked in the back door for lunch. He spent most Saturdays in the garage. He'd take off his coveralls in the back porch...unless he was holding a thermostat in his hand with a pair of pliers, to test in hot water on the kitchen stove.
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 07:15 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Looks like the royals now have their own Yoko Ono…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote