What do you think the average age of an escape owner is? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2021, 11:06 AM   #81

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieinwy View Post
We will be 71 and almost 74 when we pick up our 5.0TA in September. Our 21 year old stick-built Arctic Fox 5th wheel has been having more and more problems, until we finally realized we'd be grounded in a couple of years when it cratered. Ever the optimists, we decided to go for the gold this time, with a brand new Escape!
Good for you! I admire your attitude.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:06 AM   #82

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I'm old enough to remember Jack Benny's joke about being a (permanent) 39.
The best! Benny and Skelton never used cuss or the F word and were very funny.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:15 PM   #83

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We were 64 and 63 when we got ours two years ago.
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:31 PM   #84

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treblemaker View Post
We were 64 and 63 when we got ours two years ago.
I can’t believe that. When I met you both two years ago you didn’t look a day over 50. My grandson is starting high school this fall and will be in the Marching band. He plays the clarinet and in the indoor band the base clarinet. Picking him up every day from Jazz Band Camp this week. It’s our pleasure. Can’t wait for a competition. Artie Shaw Is my favorite on the clarinet. And I have a great album somewhere around here called Flip in Florida. It features Flip Phillips on the base clarinet.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-18-2021, 09:16 PM   #85

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Iowa Dave, You are kind to say so! We are as young as we feel, right? Enjoy those marching competitions! Love the clarinet! Fun to play and to listen to! We are headed to Texas to help with the little grandkids while our son leads his band camp for the next few weeks. Then we pull the camper down for the fall and follow the band to all the competitions, home for the holidays, and back to enjoy the temperate climate from Jan-April. We love our 21, and copied your under bed system in ours. Those transfer bearings work great and I would never have thought of it, Also got the frig guard Rita showed us and in Texas heat it makes a big difference. We hope to get back to an Iowa gathering one of these days, really enjoyed it.
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:18 AM   #86

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
What can we do, Alf, but just keep on truckin'.
Attached Thumbnails
Onstep2.jpg  
Old 07-19-2021, 07:30 AM   #87

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
What can we do, Alf, but just keep on truckin'.
Hi: MyronL... COOK...EEE!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:53 AM   #88

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
I was a sprightly 69 when we purchased our 5.0. Terry? Nope, it's not polite to state her age.

We've have owned 15 previous campers, all used. I joined this forum in 2015 and in 2018 we purchased our first, and last, new camper. With thorough investigation and previous experience, we knew what we wanted, and after looking for a used 5.0, realized we would have to purchase new. I see no reason why our 5.0 can't last 15-20 more years.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-19-2021, 08:25 AM   #89

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
Bought our first fiberglass trailer (a Scamp 16'er) at 60 yrs old. Sold it and purchased our Escape 19'er at 71 yrs old. Am currently 74 yrs old. (Every time I say my age, it begs the question... How'd that happen?)
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:55 PM   #90

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
Picked up our 2019 Escape when I was 15yrs old (leap year baby).
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:45 PM   #91

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Expecting our 21NE at the end of Aug - 53 for Tammy and I. Can't wait to get out and about. Fortunate to be able to work remotely, so we're beginning to plan out the next year or so of travels. First extended trip looks to be in Oct to SC, NC, Tenn. for a few weeks.
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:55 PM   #92

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
long time, I guess

As of today Nancy and I have been watching or watching out for each other for 58 years. I guess we'll have to keep it up as I reserved almost a week in San Diego two weeks from now and another week in Grand Junction, Colorado the first part of October. We just use the nicer parks now, the Co. one has a dog run in our space and the San Diego one has it's own bar in case we run out of wine. Our son just compares the cost to the price of a hotel, but I don't want to spend the night in someone else's bed room. I guess we'll have to grow older as we travel.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:11 PM   #93

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Congratulations on your Anniversary Jack and Nancy. Your guidance and assurances on towing have meant so much to us and we have enjoyed immensely both the 19 and the 21. Taking the 21 out in a few days with all the kids and grand kids. Concerned with covid so we rented all 5 spots in a little 5 spot loop in one of our favorite parks. Installed the micro air soft start so we could have a little AC in the rustic no services setting if needed. And the kids need their coffee. Here’s our wish for many more anniversaries and camp outs for the best camper’s campers we know.
Iowa Dave and Rita.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:56 PM   #94
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
As of today Nancy and I have been watching or watching out for each other for 58 years.
Happy Anniversary!
Attached Thumbnails
AnniversaryHands.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:09 PM   #95

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
As of today Nancy and I have been watching or watching out for each other for 58 years. I guess we'll have to keep it up as I reserved almost a week in San Diego two weeks from now and another week in Grand Junction, Colorado the first part of October. We just use the nicer parks now, the Co. one has a dog run in our space and the San Diego one has it's own bar in case we run out of wine. Our son just compares the cost to the price of a hotel, but I don't want to spend the night in someone else's bed room. I guess we'll have to grow older as we travel.
AZjack
I had just over 58 years with my roomie and not a single day was boring!
Old 07-28-2021, 03:23 PM   #96

Trailer: 2022 E19
I'll be 77 when I pick our E19 next Spring and my wife will be 66.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #97

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
I was 65 when we picked up our Escape 19 2 years ago. My wife was 62.
Love the Escape, but still do cycling road trips where I carry all the gear and camp in my one man tent. Still back pack, but usually use a 2 man tent for that as my wife likes to do the back packing but not the longer distance cycling.
Now if Escape could make a trailer light enough to tow behind a bike, then we would have it made
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:43 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Picked up our 2017 at age 65 and 68
I was so much older then Im younger than that now
You gotta love Dylan. I remember seeing him on Ed Sullivan and I will never forget the look on Ed Sullivan's face......who the heck is this guy!!!
Old 07-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Jack
Ahhh the good old days. As Merle said “when a buck was still silver and a joint was a bad place to be.”
As you may have detected, my mind flips around at a pretty good pace. Camped with the 21 on Thursday afternoon when a fellow about our age came rolling through the park on a Harley Davidson Trike. He had a very good sound system and wanted everyone to know it so as he made the loops in the campground with a 1960’s tune blasting and then faded into the sunset ( headed west) I looked at Rita and sang a few bars of “I wish I was 18 again” then the next morning this poll on Escape owners and buyers came up. I was reading it and whistling my 1936 rendition of “When your smiling” by Billie Holiday with Lester Young on Tenor and my 4 year old grandson asked how old I was when that song was made. I said it was about 10 years before I was born. And he said “Do you ever wish you were a kid again.? And my mind flipped to the day before and I said “listen to this, I like the Ray Price version better than George Burns” and googled “Ray Price you tube I wish I was 18 again” and we listened to it. Back home in the afternoon I was surprised how many folks had offered up their ages and experiences so I thought I’d hit copy and then access the forum and hit paste. And that’s about it. When I was 18 the Pontiac GTO was the car to have around here.
Alas, we had a 1955 Pontiac but it was still pretty quick “out of the hole”.
Hope you’re having a great summer and glad to hear you’re happy with the TA. Say hello to Nancy for us.
Gotta sort some nuts and bolts I’ll never use in the garage on this rainy day. The 21’ worked perfect this week. It was 78 degrees and she stayed at -2 and 34 on propane in mottled shade with a light breeze.
Iowa Dave and Rita.
I drooled over those GTO's. I tried talking my Dad into buying one, instead he was eyeing the Studebaker, which was so depressing for me. Fortunately the Studebaker was not bought, instead a 63 Chevy Bel Air. Way nicer than a Studebaker, but not as nice as the GTO or the Impala. My Dad always bought middle of the road, Bel Air, Fury 11 etc. Never the bottom, never the top
Old 07-29-2021, 07:08 PM   #100

Trailer: 2019 E19
If our GCD date of 9/22 holds then the wife and I will both be 58 when we pick it up.

Casually skimming the thread it looks like the average is probably around 60 years of age or maybe a bit more?
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote