Where to buy canada stamps? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2019, 08:51 PM   #1

Trailer: 17
Where to buy canada stamps?

Live in US.......Anyone know where I can buy canada international rate 1.49 stamps? Had no luck on Canadapost.ca and ebay, I don know if they have been ran through the mail or lifted off envelopes already. Thanks.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
Live in US.......Anyone know where I can buy canada international rate 1.49 stamps? Had no luck on Canadapost.ca and ebay...
I assume that you are looking for Canadian stamps for letter mail sent from Canada to the U.S. - they have stamps of a specific rate for the U.S. of $1.27 CAD, distinct from the general international rate of $2.65 CAD. I don't know what $1.49 would be for, but then I don't really keep track of current rates.

My guess is that you want to send someone in Canada an envelope with a stamp already on it to send something back to you in the U.S., since there's no other obvious reason to want a Canada Post stamp outside of Canada. I don't even keep stamps at home any more - on the rare occasion that I mail something, I take it to a post office and buy whatever postage is needed... it's usually not a standard letter size and weight, anyway. Without a Canada Post outlet handy, I suppose that I would use that Canada Post website (assuming that they ship to the U.S.). I wouldn't expect to be able to buy Canadian stamps from anyone else outside of Canada, just as I wouldn't expect to be able to buy USPS stamps here... but I've been surprised by what is available where.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
You can buy International Stamps at a USA post office. They have the Global Forever First-Class Mail International stamp. But they're not $1.49CDN, they're $1.10USD. You can ask at the post office if one Global Forever would get you the Canadian postage you need.

WAIT, I misread what you need...never mind.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:24 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have always attached 2x US stamps to my correspondence over the years to Escape, , it has worked.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have always attached 2x US stamps to my correspondence over the years to Escape, , it has worked.
For postage to Canada from the U.S., the USPS wants $1.15, versus $0.55 for a standard letter within the U.S.. Making up the required postage from multiple stamps is fine (that's how it has always worked), but two 55-cent stamps is a nickel short for a letter to Canada... I suppose they don't really care about that, and let them through.

Since gocamp was looking to get stamps from Canada Post, I'm guessing that this is for mail sent from Canada.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote