5.0 Anyone????? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 01:30 AM   #1

Trailer: deposit
5.0 Anyone?????

Hoping to be future Escapees in a 5.0 Currently, our completion date isn't until February 2023. We live in California. Another option, if it's possible, is to take another person's spot with a completion date in 2021-2022. Would anyone like to relinquish it?? Just a thought.

Thanks,
Michele & Erik
MicheleNCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:53 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleNCali View Post
Hoping to be future Escapees in a 5.0 Currently, our completion date isn't until February 2023. We live in California. Another option, if it's possible, is to take another person's spot with a completion date in 2021-2022. Would anyone like to relinquish it?? Just a thought.

Thanks,
Michele & Erik
With all due respect, I sincerely would doubt that will happen. Everybody wants it “right now.” Ask yourself “would I relinquish my spot in January of 2023 because someone who just ordered a 5.0TA (ETI no longer manufactures the single axle 5.0) and has a delivery date in 2025 has a thought that maybe you would be willing to trade delivery dates?”
It would be my thought if you cannot wait that long jump on the next preowned 5.0TA that comes up for sale or hope to get an Inventory Unit. Or (gasp) buy something else. I had to wait almost a year to get my 2015 Escape; it’s just the way it is, and now it is exacerbated by all the newbies who think they have to buy an RV because of the COVID-19 situation. About a month after I drove from Florida to Chilliwack to take delivery, someone offered to buy mine for “what I paid for it.” Yea, right. I feel for you, because waiting is no fun whatsoever. Unfortunately, you are dealing with today’s reality. Remember: the person who’s spot you want to take had already been waiting longer than you have had your’s on order.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:56 AM   #3

This is all true! I may not have been clear in my post a used 5.0 would be great too!
Old 06-03-2021, 02:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
they do come up here for sale every few months most are beautiful and almost new!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
now it is exacerbated by all the newbies who think they have to buy an RV because of the COVID-19 situation.
I'm not sure it's just because of covid. From what I've read there has been an increase in retirees making RV purchases along with younger generations partaking in van life. Then there are those like myself who have just had their second child and are lucky enough that the wife is all on board with getting an Escape. It's more of a perfect storm imo.

And welcome to site op and congratulations on your deposit. I can say from experience the waiting gets harder not easier. And we've only had our deposit in for about 2 months. We have a GCD of Nov 2022. Better than may 2023 that we were originally given. The dates are actively being pulled in so just wait a month or so for the next revision on GCDs. That email will go to your promotions folder and not primary inbox btw.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
If you watch the ETI site they have inventory units for sale weekly and used also listed on there site from time to time.

https://escapetrailer.com/inventory/
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 5.0
I just canceled my 2022 deposit, so that's at least one spot you'll move up, I'm sure there will be others like me. But you should have hopes of getting a used one sooner than that. The reason I canceled is because I found a beautiful 2017 5.0 and snatched it up quick as I could. They do come up, but just be ready to pounce!
Old 06-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #8

Trailer: na
Hmmm.. How much are you offering for this leap-frog?
;>)
J
ucancallmejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:13 PM   #9

Thank you!! I will look again tomorrow!
Old 06-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #10

Thank you! Enjoy your new 2017!!!