another Pac NW gal looking to buy - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #1

Trailer: na
another Pac NW gal looking to buy

Hi all,
Just saw my first Excape last week and am hooked! Interested in buying a used E21 somewhere in my region. I've also just joined the facebook group and love the comraderie. Thanks for keeping me in mind!

kayakgal49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19 foot Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakgal49 View Post
Hi all,
Just saw my first Excape last week and am hooked! Interested in buying a used E21 somewhere in my region. I've also just joined the facebook group and love the comraderie. Thanks for keeping me in mind!
Good luck on your hunt for a used 21. Three years ago I was looking for a used 19 in the PNW, finally gave up and bought new in May 2017. If one comes up for sale you need to move extremely quickly, have money in hand, be willing to travel, don’t try and haggle about the pricing. Do your research and know what one with the same options would sell for. I have seen them sell in a matter of hours On this form.

diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:22 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Welcome Bennie, to our little Escape world. About 12 hours north of you is Osoyoos, BC where Escape holds it's annual rally. Close to 200 Escapes all in one place and each owner is itching to show you their personalization modifications. It is held in late May...see here for info
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-bc-16811.html
Old 03-05-2020, 10:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Welcome aboard, kayakgal.

We got our used 19 by a combination of diligence and luck. Had been looking for a couple of months with no luck when the trailer we purchased showed up while I was literally logged on to this forum. Had been looking for a 17b, but this one was priced right for what it was by the seller, and after calling the seller, we were on her doorstep the following weekend, 300 miles from home.

What's said above is very true--if you want to buy used, you have to look hard, be lucky and be flexible about what you will accept. Winter time does seem to be when the most trailers are on the market. We also had an honest seller--when we got there, she had several others who really wanted that trailer and she probably could have played us off against the others if she had wanted to. Even knowing there would likely be issues due to the age of the trailer, we made our deal on the spot.

As was mentioned above, many hopefuls see the prices of the few units that come on the market and ultimately decide to buy new if their budgets allow. Not an option for everyone, though.

One other thing: Karma dictates that the "perfect" trailer will show up a week after you finally settle on an "acceptable" one! Don't look back, life isn't lived in the rear view mirror.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #5

Trailer: creekside 21
Hi we are parting with our "19" ,most options, little used 2013. Asking $24,000 Canadian about 30% less than U.S. dollars.betsyderek@gmail.com, 250-538-5541
betsyderek is offline   Reply With Quote