Anyone Got an E19 or E21 For Sale, Near New England? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2021, 12:18 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Anyone Got an E19 or E21 For Sale, Near New England?

We're looking to upgrade from our 2013 Casita SD by this Spring. Would like an Escape 21 or 19, with permanent bed and 4-person dinette/bed.

Looking at inTech Sol Horizons, but not happy with some aspects; the larger inTech Terra is really too big. Better to stay in the molded-fiberglass world.

'Near (or better, in) New England' is a long shot, but would make life easier.
Old 11-20-2021, 02:43 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Lynn,
Contact Escape and they can provide you with a list of owners nearby that will demonstrate their Escapes. I'll have a 2022 model come next May if you can wait.....
Old 11-20-2021, 02:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Lynn,
Contact Escape and they can provide you with a list of owners nearby that will demonstrate their Escapes. I'll have a 2022 model come next May if you can wait.....
Sorry, should have said 'Anybody got one FOR SALE'. Though haven't been in one in a few years; wouldn't hurt to get a look.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Like you, we upgraded a couple of years ago from a 17' Casita SD to an E19. We are thinking of selling the E19 in February 2022. We are located in western NC, just south of Asheville.
Old 11-27-2021, 04:54 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysouls View Post
Like you, we upgraded a couple of years ago from a 17' Casita SD to an E19. We are thinking of selling the E19 in February 2022. We are located in western NC, just south of Asheville.
That's interesting! NC isn't New England, but it isn't Texas, either (we go back and forth to Virginia now and then).

We're thinking of putting in an order for an inTech Sol Horizon. They're running behind, too, but not a year-and-a-half like Escape, maybe March or April at the earliest. So if you're putting your E19 on the market in February, we'd certainly consider postponing that order.

More details on your Escape? PM me if you want.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:42 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Better to stay in the molded-fiberglass world.
Yes, after owning a Fleetwood, Starcraft and a Forest River, I would probably stick to molded fibreglass. I have had less problems than with the rubber roof trailer.

Other thoughts, people seem to like the Lance. KeDRevs on Youtube ravs about his. He's got a Tundra so I watch his videos.

When up north in September we noticed one of these, expensive, but looks well built. Safari Condo F-1743

https://safaricondo.com/en/caravanes-alto-serie-f-1743/

Ultimately, Escape is the way to go but 2 year backlog...
Old 11-29-2021, 08:12 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Yes, after owning a Fleetwood, Starcraft and a Forest River, I would probably stick to molded fibreglass. I have had less problems than with the rubber roof trailer.

Other thoughts, people seem to like the Lance. KeDRevs on Youtube ravs about his. He's got a Tundra so I watch his videos.

When up north in September we noticed one of these, expensive, but looks well built. Safari Condo F-1743

https://safaricondo.com/en/caravanes-alto-serie-f-1743/

Ultimately, Escape is the way to go but 2 year backlog...
Lances are pretty cool, but generally larger and more money than we want. Don't know anything about construction.

I came across the Safari Condo Altos on-line; seemed like neat (but not molded fiberglass) campers (some vertically expandable). I joined their Facebook group. Sounds like there's at least a year's wait to get one, and you've got to go to Quebec City, I think. So I haven't pursued that will-o'-the-wisp.

A fellow on the FiberglassRV forum recommended the No Boundaries (and Geo Pro) lines of trailers. They have Azdel and fiberglass sides, and fiberglass roofs, with no wood. The NoBo 19.3 has a Murphy bed and two 44" wide bunks, and no sliders; interesting layout, but big (25') But they are Forest River products, and if you read read user reviews, have cabinets falling off on the road, and similar faults.

I'm not getting any younger, so not inclined to wait two years for a new Escape. If we can't find a used E19 or E21, the inTech Sol Horizon may be our best option for early 2022.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:45 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had 2 Lance trailers before my first Escape, 1880 and a 1575 model.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:17 AM   #9
Site Team

Update: Just for the heck of it, I emailed Safari Condo about the lead time for one of their Alto trailers, the F-2114, which is comparable to an Escape21 in size.

A representative replied, saying they were now taking orders for Spring 2024 (!).

And I thought the Escape wait was long!
Old 12-02-2021, 12:19 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 19" Escape
Quote:
Update: Just for the heck of it, I emailed Safari Condo about the lead time for one of their Alto trailers, the F-2114, which is comparable to an Escape21 in size.

A representative replied, saying they were now taking orders for Spring 2024 (!).

And I thought the Escape wait was long!
A friend of ours found a used safari condo alto trailer and they are definitely nice and seem to be well built, but it's not as nice as our used 19 Escape in my opinion. and she paid a lot more than we did. If you see a good used escape trailer jump on it right away even if you have to drive to see it! Otherwise, it will be gone very fast!
Old 12-02-2021, 06:13 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
I'm not getting any younger, so not inclined to wait two years for a new Escape. If we can't find a used E19 or E21, the inTech Sol Horizon may be our best option for early 2022.

I looked at the Intech Sol Horizon a bit when I started the search for a trailer last year. I liked the look and most of the construction of the trailer. However the one thing I saw that concerned me was the floor construction. It looks like Intech uses a sheet of corroplast to seal the wood floor from the elements. To me this seems like a weak link in the construction especially when driving in rain. If the corroplast is not sealed extremely well at the edges and around all perforations then water ingress will occur and the floor will rot. Because the corroplast sits directly against the wood decking any water that gets in between the two will take a long time to dry out.

I liked the sealed fiberglass trailer designs better when it comes to the floor and not just Escape, but also Bigfoot, Oliver, etc.

I see that the Safari Condo Altos use an aluminum decking for the floor so it seems like they decided to use a rot proof flooring.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:58 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
I looked at the Intech Sol Horizon a bit when I started the search for a trailer last year. I liked the look and most of the construction of the trailer. However the one thing I saw that concerned me was the floor construction. It looks like Intech uses a sheet of corroplast to seal the wood floor from the elements. To me this seems like a weak link in the construction especially when driving in rain. . . .
describes the flooring: "At this point we install a ¾" Dry-Max flooring; on the other side [i.e. the bottom] we put a plastic Go-Guard [?] . . ." 'Dry-Max' is a Georgia-Pacific OSB product designed for sub-floors; they say it is "moisture resistant." See PDF here. I don't know what 'Go-Guard' is; maybe Corroplast?

I guess the question would be how well inTech can seal the plastic to the OSB, around the edges and openings. I asked on the Sol Horizon Facebook page, but got no answers. You also have to wonder about stone and road damage to the plastic, which could let water in.

On the other hand, the huge window and large open dinette make the Sol Horizon feel amazingly spacious when you walk in, pretty surprising for a 19' trailer. And you don't have to wait two years for a new one. . .
Old 12-04-2021, 10:27 AM   #13

I looked at a used Sol Horizon last winter that a local dealer had on the lot. I agree it feels like a larger trailer with the wide open dinette and large window right there when you walk in. There is a downside to the dinette location though. The attached from a couple that owns this trailer details this shortcoming at about the 5:30 mark.

I also wish there was an option for a larger interior fridge instead of the optional exterior fridge but there's always going to be something you wish you had or could change with a trailer.

Here's the that shows the wood floor sandwiched between corroplast on the bottom and the marine flooring on top at the 6:20 mark.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:40 AM   #14

BTW, I wouldn't be too put off by the long wait that Escape initially gives. I was initially given a date of late May 2023 for our 5.0 back in March when we got on the waiting list. We've been moved forward about 9mos since then and now will deliver in Sept 2022. The 19's & 21's are moving faster than the 5th wheels so its possible that your delivery date will move forward much faster. If you find a nice used trailer while you're waiting then you can cancel your order and get all of your deposit back less $150. So it only costs $150 to hold a place in the line.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
I looked at a used Sol Horizon last winter that a local dealer had on the lot. I agree it feels like a larger trailer with the wide open dinette and large window right there when you walk in. There is a downside to the dinette location though. . .
Right, if you back into a campsite (as we usually do), you're looking out the fabulous picture window at the backside of your tow vehicle, or if you move it, maybe the camp road. They should just reverse the hitch and put the dinette and window in back, and the bed in front. But the couple in the video do note that if you've got a little flexibility where you can put the trailer, the view out the window can be rewarding.

Quote:
I also wish there was an option for a larger interior fridge instead of the optional exterior fridge but there's always going to be something you wish you had or could change with a trailer.
Actually, our Casita fridge is slightly larger than the SH's (4.0 vs. 3.7 cubic feet). But the optional outside fridge (or freezer) is pretty cool (no pun intended), though it's 12v only, so I wonder how fast it would eat up your battery.

Quote:
Here's the [factory tour video] that shows the wood floor sandwiched between corroplast on the bottom and the marine flooring on top at the 6:20 mark.
Thanks. You're right about the potential vulnerability, I think.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:04 PM   #16

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
We're looking to upgrade from our 2013 Casita SD by this Spring. Would like an Escape 21 or 19, with permanent bed and 4-person dinette/bed.

Looking at inTech Sol Horizons, but not happy with some aspects; the larger inTech Terra is really too big. Better to stay in the molded-fiberglass world.

'Near (or better, in) New England' is a long shot, but would make life easier.
We have a 21C on order for an Oct 2022 delivery. Willing to sell right away.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:51 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Does Escape allow you to sell your place in line? I know Oliver doesn't.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:12 PM   #18

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Are you having second thoughts about your Escape?
Old 12-06-2021, 10:59 AM   #19

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
2022 delivery for sale

Will it have a title? For those interested.
AZjack
Old 12-24-2021, 10:27 PM   #20
Site Team

Well, this thread devolved after WillieB offered to sell his place in the Escape line. Was he joking?

The discussion about the flooring on the inTech Sol Horizon was very interesting, and concerning. In principle, I agreed with Chamberman that Escape's molded fiberglass construction was superior, at least on the floor, to inTech's. So for that matter is my Casita's floor—inside the fiberglass shell; though there have been reports of rotting from leaks from above. Nothing is foolproof.

On the other hand, the inTech RVs are built on an aluminum frame, onto which an aluminum cage is welded. So they ought to be relatively sturdy. And they are available now, or at least soon.

Further, we have looked at a couple of Sol Horizons, and are mightly impressed with the large U-shapped dinette and the picture window in front. Indeed, the whole trailer feels more open and full of light, compared to all the Escape photos I see. Compared to the 19-foot Sol Horizon, the Escape 19 seems dark, cramped, and dated, almost a 'vintage' trailer.

That was enough: I decided to abandon the molded fiberglass world, and ordered a Sol Horizon Rover. It's already built, going to an RV show in February, so we'll have it by March 1st or so, before an announced price increase.

So a decision made, which makes it a Merry Christmas for me; I hope it's one for all of you as well. —LEJ

Tags
new england, wanted escape 19, wanted escape 21