Do you have a 21' we can look at? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #21
LRL

Trailer: 2017-2013: 21C; Arriving 3/2024: Escape 23
We are long-bed. I use the sway bars recommended and sold by ETI when we purchased the trailer. We've never had any problems whatsoever. I've driven over the Rockies, Sierra, and up and down the West Coast, with no problems. Yes, the engine makes more noise going up hill, but I've never had any issues at all. I've never towed with any other vehicle, so I can't offer you a comparison. But I can say that I've never encountered a situation that made me wish I had a different TV. Oh, I did install "Sumo Springs," which I either think make a difference (because I want to believe it) or actually do make a difference in terms of less bounce in the TV when driving on somewhat bumpy roads, going over speed bumps, etc.
Arcata, CA
Old 06-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 and a less than thrilled 2017 Tacoma dragging it around the countryside
Thanks for that. I've been towing a single axle trailer @ 3,139# dry, without weight distribution with my short bed Tacoma. 8,000 miles of that and no trouble but I think I was on the outer range of what's rational. I've ordered a WD/sway hitch for when I pick my E21.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
I have a 21 ft in Moss Beach, between Half Moon Bay and Pacifica. Maple interior. No mods. Vintage is mid-May this year.

BilltheGil@aol.com
Old 06-08-2019, 05:15 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Casita SD 17'
Thank you all for your help and kindness. We have purchased a new trailer, not an Escape, tho. A Reto 179SE.

Mark
Old 06-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkevenson View Post
Thank you all for your help and kindness. We have purchased a new trailer, not an Escape, tho. A Reto 179SE.

Mark
See you in about 3 more years... enjoy
Old 06-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Congrats, Mark. I had no idea what these are, but took a look online and quite interesting. Hope to see you soon in the new rig.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkevenson View Post

Mark
A friend of mine has that same trailer bought about two years ago. Roof leaks caused the floor to rot and now we are trying to salvage it enough to get rid of it.

Good choice on your trailer - wish you a LOT of luck with it.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
See you in about 3 more years... enjoy
Three years seems to be a stretch goal with that trailer. From helping a friend of mine try to repair his Retro, I have a pretty good idea of how the trailer is put together.

The build quality is poor and destined to failure. From the manufacturer's literature "aluminum cage construction with the TPO/rubber roof. The one piece floor decking, so nothing gets stuck in between the cracks and allows you to replace the flooring easily in one piece."

Note that the manufacturer say the flooring is easy to replace - a foreboding of what is to come. Oh, and the flooring is not easy to replace - the trailer has to be stripped first.

Looking at the way the trailer was put together really makes me sad. Even more so because a friend was foolish enough to let a high pressure sales spiel convince him to buy it.