Escape 17B or 19 somewhat near Minnesota - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I've had issues with one of the RV slides I have, due to an undersized motor and a need for adjustment of the drive cables. Certainly these mechanisms add complexity (and so increase the chance of failure) and need maintenance (and not doing that further increases failures). I suspect that many people don't know how to work around issues; for instance, they typically have a manual crank in case of motor failure, but my motorhome came without a manual for the slide mechanisms (and no indication of the manufacturer) so it was a while before I figured those out.

I believe that most slides never have a problem. I would be fine with having a slide-out in a future RV, but I would not want the "flat floor" type, and I have definite preferences regarding the drive mechanism.

So, yes, it's a good thing that Escapes (and other moulded fiberglass trailers) don't have slides... but I think that has as much to do with the issues involved in making enormous holes in the sides of a moulded fiberglass structure as it does with keeping the RV reliable.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:44 AM   #22

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Lance was on our short list before ETI came up with the 5.0TA, I really liked their floorplans and being more or less 4 season. Saw one of Jim's Lance's, and thought it's quality was a step above our then Starcraft's. Hopefully the early model problems have been worked out but you'd really have to go look them over. Might hang out in the Lance forum or rv.net and see how folks are fairing with newer units. Keep in mind most people believe whatever they bought are the best, whether they are or not, unlike my Escape which really is great.

I can see how a Lance with slide would be appealing to someone with 2 kids and a big dog, it's of course up to you if the added space is worth the added maintenance of a conventional trailer. Prices are about the same. If you go Lance I'd suggest avoiding those early years.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:28 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Right, never buy a first year model of something, both of my Lance's were such.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:11 AM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Right, never buy a first year model of something, both of my Lance's were such.
ahhhhh, I bought a first year 5.0TA and couldn't be happier Some of us bought before the molds were done!
Old 01-10-2016, 11:58 AM   #25

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
ahhhhh, I bought a first year 5.0TA and couldn't be happier Some of us bought before the molds were done!
My thoughts too.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:06 AM   #26

Trailer: 2011 17B
2011 17B available Plymouth MN

Bobby,

We have a 2011 17B that we will be selling in a few weeks. We need to get it out of storage and clean it.
It has a number of upgrades;
3 burner stainless steel stove and rangehood
5 cuft Fridge
Air Conditioner
Bike Rake ready
Dual 6V batteries
Dual Propane
Exterior 110V outlet
Exterior Access Hatch
LED lights
Microwave
Stainless Steel sink with cover
Thermal Windows and extra insulation
TV Antenna and with Power Aplifier (TV/cable Ready)
Wall mount extendable TV arm
Extra 12 Volt outlet

We're asking $17,500
If interested please email diane_leigh2001@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymarko View Post
After lurking on this forum and fiberglassrv.com I've decided that an Escape is the right trailer for my family's needs. However, obtaining one in time for the summer looks like quite the challenge!

We're in Minnesota so if I could find a trailer that didn't require me driving to B.C. that would be preferred. I've seen a number of units that fit our needs out that way so who knows, maybe a long road trip is in our future! But first I wanted to see if there are any midwest owners looking to sell. We have an 18 month old son and will hopefully have a second child one day so a unit with the gaucho bunk is preferable.

Thanks for your time!

Bobby
Old 03-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 17B
Hi,
I believe you contacted me about my Escape 17B, and I tried to send you photos of it, without success. Anyway, a friend suggested I place the photos on Flickr.com, so I did. You can see them by going to:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141126...57663823675253

Good luck on hunting for an Escape. They ARE excellent!

Jim Hendrickson
Lynden, WA
Old 03-20-2016, 01:02 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
link does not work...