Escape 21 or 19 we would be interested - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2018, 10:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Escape 21 or 19 we would be interested

We would be interested in a Escape 5.0, 21, or 19 to buy in the DFW area, and would consider traveling to other cities within a reasonable distance of Dallas. We have a Casita at the present time, but don't need to sell it to buy another trailer, so we can deal. We decided we would just set back and see if anything comes on the market, would rather the trailer be on the newer side and not an older model.

trainman
Old 11-27-2018, 06:32 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
John, are you going to Matagorda Madness? Excellent opportunity to view some Escapes. I haven't been keeping track of who all is going, but do know Jon Vermilye and Mary & Skip Foster will be there. Wish I was going
Old 11-27-2018, 06:45 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
He needs to stay away from rallies, once he sees one in person, he will on the phone with ETI, ordering..... we will see if he can hold out.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:15 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Good luck in your search, this is how we found our 2014 21' a few months ago, placed and add just like yours but we were only interested in a 21'. I think main thing you need to be sure on is what generation you want if either great I think you will find one sooner than later but if you are only interested in 1st or 2nd generation you might want to add that.
Hope you find what you are looking for.

Safe and fun travels to all,

Steve
Old 11-27-2018, 07:41 AM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
I think main thing you need to be sure on is what generation you want
YES! Mary & Skip have a 1st gen 21 with manual awning and sliding dual-pane windows. Jon has a 2nd gen with frameless windows and electric awning. Would need to just walk a few feet to compare at Matagorda Madness.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #6

Trailer: ?
We shopped used via all the typical sites. Forums, commercial RV sales sites, Craigslist. Found a few here and there, but nothing exciting.

Given the very favorable exchange rate, we decided on new with our options rather than used with what someone else liked.

Today you will pay about 76% of the CND price quoted by ETI.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:00 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
John, are you going to Matagorda Madness? Excellent opportunity to view some Escapes. I haven't been keeping track of who all is going, but do know Jon Vermilye and Mary & Skip Foster will be there. Wish I was going
No we won't be at matogorda madness this year, but just did the Bandera and Ft. Davis rallies where we visited several of the Escape's, Oliver's, and Bigfoot's there and talked with there owners. We are pretty much up on these trailers, just waiting for the newness of the Casita to wear off, we said we would give us a two year time period before making a decision on another trailer, so we are in that time period as we speak. Also the Oliver and Bigfoot are still a possibilities, were not ruling out any at this time. A lot depends on usage of the trailer to move up, so were in that time process now.

trainman
Old 11-27-2018, 09:04 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
As of this morning, there is a 1st generation 21, 2 2nd generation 21's, and a 2nd generation 19 (as well as a Scamp 19 & 2 Casita 17's) already in the park here at the Matagorda Madness rally. More to come!