Looking for 19 or 21 in central texas - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2021, 03:45 PM   #1

Trailer: none yet
Looking for 19 or 21 in central texas

I have some land in liberty hill that I have been slowly clearing to build a house on when this pandemic finally resolves.

After several years of hauling my tools there and back each time I go to do work, I have decided to get an escape to leave there so I can stay longer and not have to sleep in a hammock tent after a full day of clearing cedar and brush.

I was hoping to find a 19 or 21 in texas. I am not eager to drive out of state in my 18 year old f150 super crew to get a trailer until I have taken the escape on some shorter trips to prove the truck is still up to the task.

I am new to hauling a travel trailer, but i am excited about the chance of taking my son on some trips to parks around the country in the coming years.

So, if you have an escape your looking to part ways with, please contact me. It will be quite the upgrade for me and my son.

Although months sleeping in a hammock and clearing thickly overgrown forest is hard to beat.

Regards,

Simeon Kessler

simeonkessler@gmail.com
simeonkessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 5.0 TA 2017 Taj MaSmall
Hello Simeon, Here in 78748 I just listed our 5.0TA as for sale.
Bob Ashwell
Bobnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:33 PM   #3

Thanks for the heads up bob. I have a short bed f150 supercrew with a tool box. I am not sure I will have room to be able to do a fifth wheel without having to remove the toolbox. Not to familiar with how to setup fifth wheel, since I am new to all of this.

Is there a way to pull a 5.0 with my truck with the toolbox? I was hoping to make this rig last a few more years until I get the house closer to completion. I replaced the transmission a few years ago, so I think I might be able to turn this truck into my farm truck in a few years and get something capable of pulling more weight. I would likely be looking for something that can pull at least 10K so I can haul my tractor to the dealer if I need too. Currently I have to pay to have it picked up every time I break something on it, which has been more often then I care to admit over the last few years.

Let me know if its possible and what it might entail to get my truck setup to pull the 5.0.

Thanks.

Simeon
Old 01-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #4

Trailer: 5.0 TA 2017 Taj MaSmall
My tow vehicle is a diesel Canyon 5' bed with a Retrax roll up tonneau cover. The kingpin receiver arm is 3-4" above the ed wall. Depending on how far back from the front of the bed you mount the center of the rails the Andersen should work. Since the kingpin weight is usually less than 700# it's not necessary to center the rails over the axle. Squat is <2" and payload is 1600#.
My rails are centered 30" from the front of the bed and I have the offset hitch frame angled toward the tailgate so the ball is at 32" back and the ball receiver is toward the camper.That gives walk around room when the tailgate is down and almost 90 degrees of turn b4 contact of camper to cab. The Canyon is 6' wide and I use strap on mirrors.
Bobnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:09 PM   #5

if you can, will you post a picture of what your bed and hitch setup looks like. I am having a hard time visualizing what I would need to do in order to setup mine for the 5.0.

Also, would it be possible to install the escape heater where in its original location or did they put something there instead?

If not, how effective is the strip heater for our texas winters?
I will likely be in the trailer year round until I get the house built.

How about that snow storm today.
My girlfriend, son, and I built an igloo, 3 snow men, and a snow dog.
Have not seen this much snow in austin in all of the years I have lived in texas.

Simeon