Looking for a 15b - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post
While you guys continue to debate the pros and cons of composting toilets, will somebody find me an Escape 15?
One will appear in not long.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
While you guys continue to debate the pros and cons of composting toilets, will somebody find me an Escape 15?

They are rare, but they come up occasionally. My suggestions:
  • Go to the Escape RVs for Sale forum section and get e-mail notifications of all new posts by selecting Subcribe to This Forum from the Forum Tools menu; you'll need to filter out all the other models.
  • Watch the Escape Trailers - US and Escape Travel Trailers - Canada sections of Fiberglass RV's For Sale; it will repeat ads from this forum, but will also show ads from other forums and online services.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
What about diapers??
You may want to go and talk to your local landfill manager and ask him what he thinks of diapers (raw sewage) being dumped there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You are supposed to dump the waste in a diaper in the toilet before disposing of it. Besides, two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:06 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
HI; LV4TOYS... a few words for locating come to mind... like needle and haystack!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 08-07-2016, 10:33 AM   #25

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
I realize that the 15s are limited, but the right one is out there for me. Since I started looking roughly six 15s have come up for sale. I missed most of them because I was too slow to act. A few I passed on as they weren't the trailer I wanted. I kick myself for not contacting Sandy and Keith Monroe sooner, their 15 was prefect.

I just have to be patience. In the meantime, we still love our UHaul.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurerl View Post
But sometimes it IS less than practical to tow the trailer to a disposal point. And even when there is a disposal site other than an "RV dumping station" (e.g. a pit toilet in a rustic campground), the emptying into, and out of, a "waste dolly" is a nuisance.

We've gone to great lengths to maximize our off-grid capabilities, and, now that we're adding solar, and have the ability to carry additional fresh water, the holding tank capacities will be the limiting factor.

We've used composting toilets before, in off-grid cabins on BC Gulf Islands where the water required for "conventional" toilets is very very dear, if available at all, and there is nothing remotely unpleasant about their use at all.

If I were ordering a new trailer now, I'd absolutely install a composting toilet.
Lotar, we do disagree on this, and that is what makes this forum great; we all have differing opinions and we can express them, hopefully without "ruffling feathers." Anyway, considering your quoting of my post, two thoughts come immediately to mind.

First, that hypothetical new trailer you would be ordering in which you would absolutely install a composting toilet........ good luck convincing a potential buyer that it is a good thing should you ever want to sell it.

Second, and I will admit to being a bit confused here, but I cannot conceive a situation where it would be less practical (less CONVENIENT, maybe) to tow the trailer to a dump site unless you are so far off grid distance wise and for so long a time period that possibly an argument for practicality could be made. If it were me and I were in that remote a location (although if one has their trailer presumably there are roads nearby), I would simply do as I did in my younger "long hall" hiking days. Namely, dig a hole and dispose of any biodegradable wastes, particularly in locations distant from civilization. It is exactly what hunters do and even Armed Forces when operating in a "field" environment. I readily understand preparing for off grid camping with solar panels, water jugs, etc., but I have also had experience with composting toilets and at some point they do require maintenance.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
A good friend of mine was into serious off
road machinery. After owning several different machines he ended a conversation with me one day with " Smitty, find me a Mog." meaning a Mercedes
Benz Unimog truck. It took me several years to find one but I finally did locate one in a municipal auction. I called him, he attended the auction and bought it. We're watching for a 15 for you, your job is to be ready to drop the hammer when the call comes in.
Dave
Old 08-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #28

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
A good friend of mine was into serious off
road machinery. After owning several different machines he ended a conversation with me one day with " Smitty, find me a Mog." meaning a Mercedes
Benz Unimog truck. It took me several years to find one but I finally did locate one in a municipal auction. I called him, he attended the auction and bought it. We're watching for a 15 for you, your job is to be ready to drop the hammer when the call comes in.
Dave
It's good to know someone is looking out for me. A year ago, I flew down to AZ to look at a rare UHaul 16' camper. It took me a week to convince myself to take the gamble and fly to Arizona to look at the camper. I am truly grateful that the seller tolerated my inability to make a decision and held the camper for me until I was able to fly down and look at it, especially when he had people lined up to buy it if I didn't. In the end, I passed on the camper.

I actually wrote a story recapping my adventure which was published in the March/April 2016 issue of CoolTears Magazine. If you haven't heard of the magazine, it's worth a look.

CoolTears.com
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-13-2016, 05:00 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
composting head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker View Post
The idea of dumping human waste into a dumpster (composted or not) does not sit well with me
We used a Natures Head on our past boat. The solid material was turned to dirt by time to empty. We would place it under bushes. It was totally digested with the peat added to it and the positive ventilation going in by fan. This is not a porta-potty operation.

John
Old 08-13-2016, 08:41 AM   #30

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker[/B

The idea of dumping human waste into a dumpster (composted or not) does not sit well with me
Quote:
Originally Posted by john o View Post
We used a Natures Head on our past boat. The solid material was turned to dirt by time to empty. We would place it under bushes. It was totally digested with the peat added to it and the positive ventilation going in by fan. This is not a porta-potty operation.

John
I don't have a problem with composting toilets, it's emptying them into a dumpster that I have issue with.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:29 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
There is one on Vancouver craigslist. It won't last long