Looking for Escape 19 or Escape 21NE in Midwest - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2020, 10:08 PM   #1

Trailer: None
Looking for Escape 19 or Escape 21NE in Midwest

Hello,

We're interested in buying an Escape 19 or 21 NE. We live in Madison, WI but I'm willing to drive to pick up as far as Colorado, the Gulf Coast or the East Coast. Just let me know. Prefer a newer model or one in good condition for its age. Thanks.

Mark & Kim
Mark1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:44 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21NE (our third Escape)
I don't have one to sell, but you are going about this the CORRECT way. When I was shopping I responded to EVERY ad asking (with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek) if they'd deliver to Georgia. Got a PM from someone that wanted to sell, but didn't want to deal with finding a buyer. My 19 was NEVER listed on the marketplace.
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #3

Have Funds Will Travel

Thanks! If anyone has a lead contact me at Six oh eight four six nine one four eight seven. We are really hoping to buy before March 1, 2021. We would love to hear from you. I do have a allergic reaction to cigarette smoke. If you had pets in your unit that is no problem. I will travel to you. We funds in a brokerage account and can arrange for quick payment.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #4

Have Funds Will Travel

Still hoping. Someone was nice enough to send me a tip on a used Escape, but unfortunately the model name was Escape, not the same Escape we are all looking for here. If you have a 19 or 21 NE we would love to hear from you.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:56 PM   #5

Will PickUp Anywhere in North America

Hello - still here, still hoping. Expanding pickup zone to North America. The only offer we've had to date was a SCAM attempt - be careful out there folks!
Old 12-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #6

Still Hoping

Had one member of the forum contact us, but he talked himself out of selling.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:15 PM   #7

Bump

Still looking.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:30 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
There is a 19 in grand junction Colorado for sale on escapes site

https://escapetrailer.com/pre-owned-trailer-listings/
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:16 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You may do better ordering a new one, used ones are close to 90% new prices.......
Old 03-02-2021, 09:12 PM   #10

Trailer: Non yet just looking
The 19 in grand junction Colorado was sold.
CDJones56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:11 AM   #11

Is this typical or is this COVID-driven? People do seem intent on selling their used trailers for a new trailer price.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:56 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I remember buying my first Harley Davidson motorcycle, used cost as much as new but there was a 1 year wait for a new one...........time is money so to speak.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:36 AM   #13

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1970 View Post
Is this typical or is this COVID-driven? People do seem intent on selling their used trailers for a new trailer price.
Molded fiberglass trailers hold their value in general and I wouldn't expect a very new Escape to be sold for much less than new. There is definitely a COVID influence with trailers in general right now as well. Bloomberg article has dubbed them 'Covid Campers'. Greg A on this forum runs (owns?) the fiberglass-rv-4sale site and you would not believe what people are getting right now for old (not lightly used) Scamps, Casitas, etc. Prices that would have been laughed at before the pandemic. Supply and demand...
Old 03-03-2021, 08:47 AM   #14

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19 / 2011 Nissan Frontier
Here on Vancouver Island 1970's Trilliums are selling for 15k CAD and up.
bookerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:52 AM   #15

Quote:

These trailers hold there value very well normally. lately I seen several sell for more than the purchase price . I sold my casita last spring at the beginning of covid. I thought I did well under the conditions. I am sure today I could have got another 3,000 out of the 2007 unit. Prices are high now and I don't think you ever see them come back down. On one hand it good as you can sell you 5-6 year old trailer for what you paid. Problem comes when you want the replacement you going to pay. How much you going to pay WHO KNOWS. If you order now you getting a late 2023 build date. so you have to put in a deposit on a trailer that they haven't released pricing yet. You would have two years of price increases . You could guess at that amount based on history,However this may not accurate with the current shortage of supply's Honestly giving a seller what they paid for the trailer might still be the best deal to be had. Also as others had mentioned some of these used units are better than new. You could also consider the ETI inventor units that there releasing weekly .
Old 03-04-2021, 07:32 PM   #16

What is an "ETI Inventor unit"?

Originally, we were going to take a month off and camp this March/April, but my wife's father took ill so we had to scrap the trip. At that point I was ready to jump on a decent deal, but now we're a little more cautious.

I guess my thinking was that folks trading up into the new 23s would be looking to off-load. We have 3-5 years to go until retirement. I do wonder if we get on the other side of COVID this year, if a lot of people will wake up in 22 or 23 and decide they should not have bought a trailer. My suspicion is most of those people will not be fiberglass trailer owners, but the glut may drag the market for used trailers down at that point.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:17 PM   #17

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Wait and see

Quote:

Originally, we were going to take a month off and camp this March/April, but my wife's father took ill so we had to scrap the trip. At that point I was ready to jump on a decent deal, but now we're a little more cautious.

I guess my thinking was that folks trading up into the new 23s would be looking to off-load. We have 3-5 years to go until retirement. I do wonder if we get on the other side of COVID this year, if a lot of people will wake up in 22 or 23 and decide they should not have bought a trailer. My suspicion is most of those people will not be fiberglass trailer owners, but the glut may drag the market for used trailers down at that point.

I do not share your beliefs. My experience has been different. A 25 year old Casita I sold a couple of years ago, in good shape, probably sold for near original cost.

Play your gamble as you please, but if you want an Escape, move quickly, very quickly, or wait, until non-existent 23's are available and everybody moves up and sells to provide you a used rig.

I'm not trying to be smarmy, just putting my point forward, strongly.

It's not about what you think will happen or want to happen, but what is the current trend, today, now.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:45 AM   #18

Quote:

Inventory units are releases on Friday and sold on Monday. If you lucky enough to get one you can avoid the wait process. I looked for years at the used market and finally gave up and ordered new. here is a link the the inventor units.

https://escapetrailer.com/inventory/
Old 04-21-2021, 12:25 PM   #19

Thanks Hillbilly! We have now gone the same route.