Looking to buy a 15B or 17B in BC Canada - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2021, 11:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Looking to buy a 15B or 17B in BC Canada

We are willing to travel just about anywhere in BC . If you are ready to sell your 15B or 17B please send us a message . We are ready to buy , Cheers
Old 06-10-2021, 03:31 AM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
The 13' and 15' Escapes are the Unicorns, very rare.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:28 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
The 13' and 15' Escapes are the Unicorns, very rare.
They are rare, I believe that there were less than 50 15B's produced. We purchased our 15B from a seller in New Mexico, drove about 1500 km each way to pick it up in Wyoming and bring it back into Alberta, Canada!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Old 06-10-2021, 09:59 AM   #4

We just missed out on one yesterday that was for sale on the Escape site. The seller called to tell me it was sold ..guess you don’t want to sell yours eh Dave Walter
Old 06-10-2021, 10:10 AM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19 / 2011 Nissan Frontier
Denise, any reason you would not want to purchase a classic 17B? It's only a few feet longer and not that much heavier and you get the front dinette. There are a lot more of them available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise.N View Post
We just missed out on one yesterday that was for sale on the Escape site. The seller called to tell me it was sold ..guess you don’t want to sell yours eh Dave Walter
Old 06-10-2021, 10:16 AM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookerb View Post
Denise, any reason you would not want to purchase a classic 17B? It's only a few feet longer and not that much heavier and you get the front dinette. There are a lot more of them available.
I sure like having the front dinette in my 17B. The front dinette makes it so I can leave the back dinette as a permanent bed with a good mattress. I thought about a 15B but having to convert from bed to dinette daily would be a big bummer. The front dinette in the 17B is a perfect spot to wedge yourself into and read a book on a rainy day!
Old 06-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #7

No we are open to a 17B also. I will try to edit my post if I can figure out how
Old 06-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #8

Don’t know how to edit this post but we would be interested in a 17B also ,cheers
Old 06-10-2021, 10:26 AM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19 / 2011 Nissan Frontier
My 'plan' was to purchase a 17B but the first used trailer that we were able to buy was a 19'. Good to keep your options open.

Quote:
No we are open to a 17B also. I will try to edit my post if I can figure out how
Old 06-10-2021, 10:31 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I changed it for you.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:23 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Sorry we are keeping ours. Keep searching, they do come up for sale on occasion and you usually need to act quickly.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Old 06-10-2021, 02:23 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
Sorry we are keeping ours. Keep searching, they do come up for sale on occasion and you usually need to act quickly.
We looked for a month for any fiberglass trailer. We wanted a dinette. Then this 15 b popped up and we jumped on it. We think it is very nice and we are very happy with it.

The next day a 17 b popped up in Bellevue. Go figure.

Keep looking and be ready to jump. Because they are selling in 3-7 days depending on location.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail (4).jpg  
Old 06-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
We looked for a month for any fiberglass trailer. We wanted a dinette. Then this 15 b popped up and we jumped on it. We think it is very nice and we are very happy with it.

The next day a 17 b popped up in Bellevue. Go figure.

Keep looking and be ready to jump. Because they are selling in 3-7 days depending on location.
Another word from a recent buyer.

There is no incentive for any fiberglass trailer seller to go down in price at this time. Double for Escape sellers. Decide your budget and don't try to dicker the price because there is a whole list of folks behind you ready to buy. Its a sellers market right now.

With that said if it doesn't seem right walk away. I ran across some suspicious sellers. They may have been ok but they were requesting some things which made me pass.

It is a lot of money.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
They are rare, I believe that there were less than 50 15B's produced. We purchased our 15B from a seller in New Mexico, drove about 1500 km each way to pick it up in Wyoming and bring it back into Alberta, Canada!
Not to ambush the OP thread.

But I was interested on how many 15 b were made. I contacted Escape and they could not give be a answer, which I thought was strange. Only that they were produced from 2000 -2015.

I was hoping they could tell me the order mine was made. 30 out of 50 or something like that.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:45 PM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
Not to ambush the OP thread.

But I was interested on how many 15 b were made. I contacted Escape and they could not give be a answer, which I thought was strange. Only that they were produced from 2000 -2015.

I was hoping they could tell me the order mine was made. 30 out of 50 or something like that.
Tammy kept better records.

ETI made:fifty-seven 15As and forty-seven 15Bs = 104
Old 06-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #16

Thank you

I was hoping someone knew.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #17

Thanks you for the pic! We just sold our Bigfoot Camper so we are aware of how the market is working right now . Now that I know how few 15B’s were built it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack . Yes great advise to have a budget and walk away if it doesn’t feel right . Patience is definitely needed. We are ready to buy as soon as the right one comes along
Old 06-11-2021, 06:15 AM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Discussed numerous times, the serial number regarding order of construction and number built is not a very accurate indicator. The last three digits of the serial number on the first 1,000 trailers indicate where in line that trailer was built. However the models 17, 15 13, later the 19, and the 5.0 single axle were included and co-mingled and finally in the later part of 2013. the first 21s had serial numbers in the 660’s. A series of several of the same model were built then another model etc. There are some “owner based clues” and insights If the original owner might have had a conversation with Reace at order or pickup time where they were told “ this is number so and so that we’ve built.” At the 2018 rally I had this conversation with Reace and another early 21 owner. Reace confirmed the sales history on the first 21s and owner remembered being told his unit was number three released in the first run after the first three “prototypes” were built.
I’m sure other owners have similar experiences. Otherwise it’s difficult to tell just where a particular unit stands in line. Many readers of this forum I’m sure remember that there was a “build out” of the last of the 15s built. They were advertised both on this forum and on the ETI website as I remember and they were not immediately “snapped up”. It took a few weeks to sell them. If you buy a used Escape from an original owner, and you think you might care about its history, I’d advise asking as many questions as possible and possibly cataloging the answers. If you look into vintage fiberglass trailers for history you’ll find it’s accuracy and completeness can be a bit on the confusing.
I have a few of the early run of the 21s serial numbers in my Field notes and have my “ears on” most of the time. It’s one of those things that only matters to a few. And because I’m one of those to whom it matters, I also know I’m not well. Best of luck,
Iowa Dave and Rita with “True classic” Escape 21 number 6.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:32 PM   #19

Trailer: Sold Trailer
Quote:
Don’t know how to edit this post but we would be interested in a 17B also ,cheers
Hi, Denise, I was trying to post our 17B just now in RVs for sale, but couldn’t attach the pictures and then it quit working. Came across your posting.
Our trailer was completed Dec. 4, 2017, but couldn’t pick it up until March 2018. It was used for two summers then COVID happened. We travelled on Vancouver Island and BC only. We’re seniors, non-smokers and no pets. We have the permanent 8” coil mattress as we only needed the front dinette. The enclosed area under the bed became a large storage area with cabinet door access. We had ETI add a 12V Electric Jack after the first summer. We have the WDH with sway bars, trailer cover and a hitch ball capacity scale. Always used a low wattage heater during the winter. Other features: 4 cuft fridge, 160 W solar panel, Stainless Steel stove and range hood, extra insulation and frameless thermal windows (includes opening rear window), opening window in kitchen, exterior access hatch (passenger side), spray foam insulation under trailer, dual 6V batteries (plus locking cables), winterizing T-valve, toilet shut off valve, additional set rear Upper LED brake/signal lights, 2 captains reading lights over head of bed, Horst Probes on black & grey tanks, 2 propane tanks with cover, hitch wheel. Health issues are now a concern so we’re selling, asking $31,500.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #20

Trailer: 2021 17B
ladybug, I've sent you a message.