Seeking e19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2021, 04:59 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape on order
Seeking e19

SEEKING E19
My husband and I are retiring in June after 30 years of teaching domestically and internationally. We would like to buy a 2017 or newer E19 with an oven to live in full-time in the US. Currently, we live in Thailand which poses a problem with catching the pre-owned postings on the Escape website. (We are asleep.) This post has two purposes:

*Is there anyone planning to sell their E19 with an oven? If so, we will make it worth your while to deal with international buyers. (My dad is in Utah and will assist with State-side tasks.)

*By chance, is there anyone who regularly checks the pre-owned page and would be willing to send an email to the seller for me? (I will write the email. All you would have to do is send it. In the email, I will ask the seller to reply to me instead of you.)

We do have a deposit down on a trailer. Unfortunately, I underestimated the lead time and the trailer won't be ready until March 2023, eight months after we need it.

Thank you very much!
Jennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 06:30 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Good luck on your search. Since I don't check the pre-owned site I can't be much help there.

But since I'm very familiar with the structure of an Escape I have one thought. If the limiting factor in your search is the oven then maybe you might consider trailers without one with the view to installing one later. If the right deal on a non-oven unit came up it might be worth considering.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 06:55 AM   #3

Hi Ron. Thank you for your response. I did think about that. Have you installed an oven in an Escape? What are your thoughts on the complexity of the task?
Old 11-14-2021, 10:14 AM   #4

I haven't but I would do so in a flash if I wanted one.

The counter construction is extremely simple and basic and would be very easy to modify.

And there's lot's of help here to walk you through it required.

Ron
Old 11-14-2021, 10:20 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyj View Post
We do have a deposit down on a trailer. Unfortunately, I underestimated the lead time and the trailer won't be ready until March 2023, eight months after we need it.

If you do not need the trailer until late 2022 then you may want to wait and see how your delivery date moves forward. ETI has been moving trailer delivery dates forward up until recently anyway. ETI had a labor issue a couple of months back that impacted some of the recent deliveries but once they get that figured out they should be moving dates forward again. If you just recently placed your order then you will likely get a huge bump forward in your delivery date in the coming months.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:44 PM   #6

Thank you for your reply. We put our order in back in September and haven't been bumped up yet, though I have read that others who put their order in after us have been bumped up. I am imagining that it has something to do with the trailer that you've ordered. Still, eight months is a very big bump up, so I am exploring all our options. Thank you again.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:46 PM   #7

I'm less worried about the cabinetry and more worried about the existing set-up for the propane. I fear that it won't be easy to modify the piping from a cooktop to an oven.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:08 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyj View Post
I'm less worried about the cabinetry and more worried about the existing set-up for the propane. I fear that it won't be easy to modify the piping from a cooktop to an oven.
Hooking up the propane is likely the easiest part. Making the first cut to the existing cabinets is the hard part.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:01 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have had good luck with combining trailer pick up and then attending the Escape annual rally in Osoyoos ( one of the prettiest cg's there is) held in May. If anything is remiss with the trailer Escape could fix it there.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Hooking up the propane is likely the easiest part. Making the first cut to the existing cabinets is the hard part.
I agree, dealing with the propane connection is pretty simple.

Yup, making the first cut or drilling a hole for your first mod is always the hardest part. Some time, after dozens and dozens of mods, you stop thinking about it.

Ron
Old 11-15-2021, 09:08 AM   #11

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
If it helps, my September 21 build for my E19 came with a flexible propane hose and there was plenty of it. Connecting should be fairly easy.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:46 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have had good luck with combining trailer pick up and then attending the Escape annual rally in Osoyoos ( one of the prettiest cg's there is) held in May. If anything is remiss with the trailer Escape could fix it there.
How long ago was that Jim? Were Reace and Tammy still the owners. I wouldn't count on the new ETI sending people up to do mods and repairs.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:23 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
How long ago was that Jim? Were Reace and Tammy still the owners. I wouldn't count on the new ETI sending people up to do mods and repairs.
I was thinking broken parts that can easily be replaced by the owner, otherwise you are correct, return to the factory if it is complicated.