Want E19 or E21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2022, 11:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 17A
Want E19 or E21

Looking for an E19 or E21, preferably years 2017 or 2018. Must have inverter, extra insulation and thermal windows.
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 05:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
There's a 2018 21' located in SoCal still for sale ...

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 11:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpatch View Post
Looking for an E19 or E21, preferably years 2017 or 2018. Must have inverter, extra insulation and thermal windows.
An inverter is a non-issue. Easy after market installation.

Depends what you mean by "extra insulation" There's a bit of confusion about what this means because for years ETI called a little bit of extra insulation in the lockers etc. extra insulation and some people refer to the foam underneath as extra insulation.

I think most Escapes have had thermal windows as standard for a long time. I think single glazed were an option at one time but that was quite awhile ago.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 11:41 AM   #4

Trailer: 17A
Hi Ron, Thanks for your reply.

I'm curious about the Inverter. Is it really easy to install one after pickup?

I presently have a 2018 17A and when I ordered it I chose the extra Insulation. I think it makes a difference. I believe it is now standard. As for the Thermal Windows, they are not standard, the slider windows are.

Patricia
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 12:46 PM   #5

Quote:

Patricia
I bought my first inverter in 1989 when they first became available at a bearable price. Huge cost and low output by today's standards. I've installed several in boats and trailers since. Strangely, I don't have one in my current trailer, sort of came to the conclusion that I don't really need one with a 12 volt TV and USB etc. Never really used the microwave much.

So, yes, they can easily be installed after pickup and many folks on the forum have done so. If you go that route you'll find all the help you need here. There are several options on which way to go. I wouldn't make it a deal killer.

Ron
Old 12-27-2022, 01:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:

I presently have a 2018 17A and when I ordered it I chose the extra Insulation. I think it makes a difference. I believe it is now standard. As for the Thermal Windows, they are not standard, the slider windows are.

Patricia
The difficulty of adding an inverter depends on the battery location. Inverters are generally wired directly to the batteries (through a fuse & sometimes a switch). If the batteries are in the front box or on the back bumper, it will require penetrating the fiberglass shell, something that many are not comfortable doing.

If you want all the receptacles to be connected to the inverter, it will require adding a transfer switch and sub panel & rewiring the receptacles to the sub panel.

None of this is difficult, but it is more than an evening project.
Old 12-27-2022, 01:49 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:

Patricia
Both window styles on recent year models are equally "thermal" now. In earlier years the sliding ones had more (poorer) heat transfer than the awning style. After a certain model year the sliders became double panes too and it becomes a style choice only. Maybe some people still call the awning style "thermal" because for a while there was that distinction.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 04:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
If the batteries are in the front box or on the back bumper, it will require penetrating the fiberglass shell, something that many are not comfortable doing.
I shouldn't admit it but I have to smile a bit when I see the extreme angst some folks have when they contemplate drilling a small hole or putting a screw in their new pride and joy.

Considering how many holes and attachments have already been done during construction, one more isn't going to cause a problem. Case in point, on my Gen 1 19 the 7pin connector cable came up through a hole in the floor in the front DS locker. My hole for the inverter cables, coming from their storage box location to the inverter in the locker, was almost beside the 7 pin hole. No biggie, snug fit and a bit of caulking.

Ron
Old 12-27-2022, 04:54 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
I agree with Ron

It's a fiberglass shell.....not an eggshell. Poking a hole for a wire lead or even an access hatch is no big deal. Just be super sure of your locations and measurements, and it's snip, snip, drill, baby, drill.

And least that's my spin.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 05:18 PM   #10

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
It's a fiberglass shell.....not an eggshell. Poking a hole for a wire lead or even an access hatch is no big deal. Just be super sure of your locations and measurements, and it's snip, snip, drill, baby, drill.

And least that's my spin.
No issues making holes here. Drilled or cut for refrigerant lines, power and condensate for mini-split A/C, exterior 12V outlet, battery box vent, range hood vent, 2nd outside shower, bath window and recessed medicine cabinet in bath shell. If anyone wants some encouragement let me know.