Wanted 17B - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2020, 10:45 PM   #1

Trailer: None
Wanted 17B

New to forum, ISO a 17B.

Sinstrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 21
Hi Karina- have you seen an Escape? We had a 17B for almost a year before moving to a 21. There are several 19, 21 & 5.0 nearby, however not aware of a 17 in the SM/SLO County area. Best of luck in finding one, and welcome!

Old 05-19-2020, 01:27 AM   #3

Trailer: EX 2007 Escape 17B, 2020 E 19' on order
Welcome to the forum.

Post what you are looking for, a new trailer, an older trailer, any options you specifically want....

The E17B came in a few different versions. Mine had a toilet only washroom. Later models had the full wet bath shower combination like they come with today. There was a variety of front dinette layouts, short wardrobe, tall wardrobe, bench across the passenger side instead of the wardrobe. Some were built with a permanent bed at the back similar to the E19. Also note model changes around 2017.

Keep a daily eye on the classified section, the older Escapes tend to sell fast. Very few were built prior to about 2012.

We had a E17B for 5 years, loved it, we have a new E19 waiting for pickup at the factory. Can't wait to get out.
Trailer #6 was a 2007 Escape 17B
2019 Toyota Tundra 4.6L 4X4 DC
Following TravellingRobert on Youtube
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 17b/RAV4 (sold) 2011Chevy Colorado
Still like ours. IF there is just one or two of you and IF you don't plan on guests, I would go with a permanent rear bed. We never convert it to a dinette and it makes a wonderful place to lounge around if you add two of those pillows with arms. Very intimate with the outside as you are right at the window level and there are windows on three sides of you.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:02 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
Still like ours. IF there is just one or two of you and IF you don't plan on guests, I would go with a permanent rear bed.

Wife insisted on swapping the bed to dinette and back on one trip in our 17B. Didn't take long to abandon that regimen. We have a 2" topper and two large sleeping bags zipped together, and no place to store them when not in use.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:18 AM   #6

Trailer: None
Hi!
We are a family of 4 with 2 beautiful girls. Oldest is 9 and then our most recent addition is 1! (Big gap, we know! )
This would be our first travel trailer and are looking into what would be the best fit for our family and rig.
We currently have a GMC diesel canyon.
We are set on a 17B that has a wet bath. Based on the other responses and research, that varies from year.
We are willing to travel to site, if there was one available that meets our needs.
Sinstrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:31 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 17b/RAV4 (sold) 2011Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Wife insisted on swapping the bed to dinette and back on one trip in our 17B. Didn't take long to abandon that regimen. We have a 2" topper and two large sleeping bags zipped together, and no place to store them when not in use.
We also have a topper. Just making the bed up with sheets, etc. allows you to use the space as a lounge with those pillows I mentioned. It is the most comfortable space in the trailer.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #8

Trailer: EX 2007 Escape 17B, 2020 E 19' on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinstrange View Post
Hi!
We are a family of 4 with 2 beautiful girls. Oldest is 9 and then our most recent addition is 1! (Big gap, we know! )
This would be our first travel trailer and are looking into what would be the best fit for our family and rig.
We currently have a GMC diesel canyon.
We are set on a 17B that has a wet bath. Based on the other responses and research, that varies from year.
We are willing to travel to site, if there was one available that meets our needs.
A family bought our 17B, they had a 5 year old and a 1 year old. After one trip, the trailer was up for sale. There just isnít enough room for a young family of 4. We made it work with teenagers, often the boys slept in the tent or truck. A Escape 19 would work better, but still tight. Having a truck is a plus, youíll be taking a lot of gear.

When our kids were young, we had a 2004 Fleetwood Redwood 14í box tent trailer, 26í open, tons of room. But heavy.
Trailer #6 was a 2007 Escape 17B
2019 Toyota Tundra 4.6L 4X4 DC
Following TravellingRobert on Youtube
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:34 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I agree with Doug. I have a 17 A so there is room enough to sleep 4. When I take my grandkids, the dinette has to be switched out every night, or left down and we sit and eat outside when possible. Still, preparing meals would also be a challenge unless a majority was done outside.

If you are set on a 17, you might consider the A. You could have the outside shower, and use a portable potty in a potty tent outside--even if the campground has facilities, you would want that close by for the kids. That is way less hassle than juggling bedding and stuff in the smaller people room of the B. If they will do it, you might flip the dinette and the bed so the bed is in the back. way easier for eating and cooking etc. for the dinette to be just inside the door. My A has two dinettes, so I know that at least in '18 they were willing to put one up front. All bedding etc could be piled on the back bed out of the way. A springfield pedestal for ease of making the dinette into a bed would be a top recommendation. So much easier.

If you do go with the 17, I have a few hints for dealing with clothes, sleeping bags, etc. You can message me here if you like.

Whatever you end up with, you will have a blast being outdoors and traveling with the kids. It's one of the things I am most satisfied with having done as a parent. And both kids and their families camp now.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:01 AM   #10

Our 17B with a goucho bunk has worked well for the four of us for 14 years. A bigger trailer would not meet my parking needs and I like the single axle because I pivot-turn it 180 degrees to get it of its parking spot. A bigger trailer would be more convenient to live in and I understand those that prefer them. A small trailer can be frustrating if everyone needs to be doing something at the same time, we generally take turns. We usually have pre-made meals from home so don’t need to spend much time cooking, we freeze them if possible to allow for more space in the small refer.
If a 19 footer was an option for us, I would give it serious consideration.

Thane is offline   Reply With Quote