Wanted- 19 ft escape - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had a thread noted here http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...oos-11456.html where I calculated approximately $2000 for trip to California, up to Osoyoos and return. Taking in consideration difference in mileage without towing and a more direct route, I think $1500 out of pocket is a fair estimate.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
If you go to the Fiberglass Classifieds, there's a 19' for sale but it's in Kansas City ... https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...cape-19ft.-783 Appears to have had prior damage but is now repaired.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
Old 11-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #23

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I had a thread noted here http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...oos-11456.html where I calculated approximately $2000 for trip to California, up to Osoyoos and return. Taking in consideration difference in mileage without towing and a more direct route, I think $1500 out of pocket is a fair estimate.
Agreed unless hotel charges on the way out are more than the savings on gas and campground fees combined. Depends on how many miles you do per day and where you stay I guess.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Just as everyone camps a little differently we all “live” differently too, as in how we view spending money, availability of free time, and all of the unique situations we find ourselves in.
The opportunity to stay with relatives or friends instead of at a campground on a destination trip (attend a rally), whether or not you prepare frozen food brought from home or eat in a restaurant, drive very long days or only a couple hundred miles a day, all contribute to overall costs. 30K trailer, 40k tow rig, drive 2000 miles to set under a canopy and spend time with friends, is it really worth it? You damn right it is, because you only go around once and there ain’t no pockets on a casket. Once you buy the Escape the worst thing you can do is not use it. You can’t afford not to.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-16-2019, 03:25 PM   #25

Trailer: Tent trailer currently
Few more questions

Hi there- I was wondering what your thoughts were on buying an escape that had previous damage done to it? Also, was wondering as I will be traveling by myself quite a bit was concerned about how hard it is to back up to hook up by myself in your opinions? Back up camera? Would that be helpful.... thanks so much.... Jan
Old 11-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
As long as the structure appears sealed and there was not any frame damage I can see why not. There is one for sale in Kansas City, Mo by a forum member who repairs them http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...rea-16539.html

Tags
wanted, wanted escape 19